Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Honestly Cloud.

I think you have shown your true colours tonight.

I would not be at all surprised if other posters started to shun you.

I hope not though

What did I miss...?

Nothing really.

Cloud is a good lad.

He was just giving me some friendly jibes.

All in good spirit

Exactly that. It was just abit of messing around, no malice intended. <ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Robbo vs Bingham final?

vafaei v o'connor

I hope Vafaei wins it to help kickstart a new snooker boom in the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Postby HappyCamper

Cloud Strife wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Robbo vs Bingham final?

vafaei v o'connor

I hope Vafaei wins it to help kickstart a new snooker boom in the Islamic Republic of Iran.

inshallah

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Just looking through the calendar, these are probably the events I’ll be sticking with for next season:

World Open, Shanghai Masters, China Championship, International Championship, Champion of Champions, UK Championship, The Masters, World Grand Prix, Players Championship, Tour Championship, China Open, World Championship.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLcZwCztms

I’ll bet you’ll be happy that I’ll be around less.

Nobody would be happy for that Ash.

Speak for yourself <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

After this terrific event has finished the most important snooker left this season is 'The winners group in The Championship League' and The Crucible.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:After this terrific event has finished the most important snooker left this season is 'The winners group in The Championship League' and The Crucible.

Come back when the Crucible starts then.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Robbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I understand you're happy for Robbo, but... if this were ROS we wouldn't hear the end of it saying it's been a joke draw...

Robbo has indeed had one of the easiest draws possible, like it or not.

Yet he's taken advantage of it, and thats all a player can do. Just like ROS did take advantage of it at the UK.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:

I understand you're happy for Robbo, but... if this were ROS we wouldn't hear the end of it saying it's been a joke draw...

Yet he's taken advantage of it, and thats all a player can do. Just like ROS did take advantage of it at the UK.

To be fair Andre it was me that made the comment that ROS had an easy draw in the UK and I stand by that. I don't know about 'never hearing the last of it'. I think I have made the comment twice and you are exaggerating that to make a point.

However, I agree that Robbo's draw has been even easier.

I also agree that there is nothing the player can do about it other than keep potting balls.

To return to the point I was originally attempting to make - either I made it badly or you failed to understand- a tournament victory has more prestige when you have had a route like Joe O'Connor. Do you really disagree with that?

I still think I am right in that but we all have differing opinions of course.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:

Don't rise to it mate.

Postby Iranu

Draws are only 'easy' if you win them.

For every 'easy' draw you have there's a good player who's lost to that 'easy' draw.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:Draws are only 'easy' if you win them.

For every 'easy' draw you have there's a good player who's lost to that 'easy' draw.

OK name the good players who lost to Tom Ford or MOD in the UK.
Likewise Maflin etc in Wales

Postby Andre147

Yes precisely.

And BadSnookerPlayer I wasn't refering to you, but Vodka instead.

I fully understood your point and given the choice I'd rather my favourite beat world class opposition. If he doesn't then that's not his fault.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Well Selby lost to Vafaei didn't he? he would have had Donaldson next so Iranu's point is spot on.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Well Selby lost to Vafaei didn't he? he would have had Donaldson next so Iranu's point is spot on.

That is a fair point indeed but it avoids the question of which top players Ford and MOD beat.
I would agree that Iranu makes a good point but not quite spot on.
Not all is black and white Andre. Sometimes you are right and I am wrong, but other times you might be mistaken eh?

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

That is a fair point indeed but it avoids the question of which top players Ford and MOD beat.
Not all is black and white Andre. Sometimes you are right and I am wrong, but other times you might be mistaken eh?

Of course, but not this time. <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

I never said O'Sullivan had an easy draw at The UK. From memory it was very difficult. I believe he had to beat legends like Martin O'Donnell and Tom Ford in the quarters and semis.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Of course, but not this time. <ok>

Ha ha.
Fair enough.
Good night

Postby Koninkaulus

This is a truly bizarre forum. The amount of whining from certain posters whenever their favourites don't do well in a tournament is astonishing, and the mockery and sheer hostility towards any lower-ranked player doing well is frankly disgusting.

I just can't for the life of me comprehend people who hate surprises in snooker, or sport in general. Unpredictability is at the very core of what makes watching sports exciting. Moreover, Joe O'Connor today produced probably the most impressive snooker I've seen any inexperienced youngster play this season, and Hossein Vafaei (who anyone that actually follows snooker should know is immensely talented) has been brilliant. Both completely and undeniably deserve their places in the last four. Yet quite a few miserable people are here moaning about a "shitty" semi-final line-up, some even stopping by just to say that the tournament is crap. Who is forcing you to watch it? Just do something else if you don't like snooker.

Moaning about tournaments here when your favourite is out like a bunch of five-year-olds whose mom bought them the wrong bag of candy is incredibly grating (which apparently is the point), not to mention a complete waste of everyone's time. Complaining about the same thing over and over again is not a discussion or a relevant addition to it.

This nonsense about best-of-sevens is tedious too. The number of tournaments with exclusively longer matches has not diminished, nor are these "lotteries" being won in great numbers by lower-ranked players. I like them because they do spring up a few more surprises, but in the end they've been almost exclusively won by the established top guys. I'm really hoping for a final between O'Connor and Vafaei here though. It would great to have a new winner, and either of those guys would really have had to beat the top players to do it. Nobody could call a potential tournament win for Joe or Hossein undeserved. Or they could (and would) on this forum, but it would be utter bullcrap.
Last edited by Koninkaulus on 16 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Draws are what they are you play who is in front of you to progress no point talking about easy draws what is someone suppose to do.

Pull out because he doesn't want dicks on forums criticizing his win of doing his job well and picking up a trophy unlike his rivals who lost to that Easy Draw.

Postby Wildey

Koninkaulus wrote:This is a truly bizarre forum. The amount of whining from certain posters whenever their favourites don't do well in a tournament is astonishing, and the mockery and sheer hostility towards any lower-ranked player doing well is frankly disgusting.

I just can't for the life of me comprehend people who hate surprises in snooker, or sport in general. Unpredictability is at the very core of what makes watching sports exciting. Moreover, Joe O'Connor today produced probably the most impressive snooker I've seen any inexperienced youngster play this season, and Hossein Vafaei (who anyone that actually follows snooker should know is immensely talented) has been brilliant. Both completely and undeniably deserve their places in the last four. Yet quite a few miserable people are here moaning about a "shitty" semi-final line-up, some even stopping by just to say that the tournament is crap. Who is forcing you to watch it? Just do something else if you don't like snooker.

Moaning about tournaments here when your favourite is out like a bunch if five-year-olds whose mom bought them the wrong bag of candy is incredibly grating (which apparently is the point), not to mention a complete waste of everyone's time. Complaining about the same thing over and over again is not a discussion.

This nonsense about best-of-sevens is tedious too. The number of tournaments with exclusively longer matches has not diminished, nor are these "lotteries" being won in great numbers by lower-ranked players. I like them because they do spring up a few more surprises, but in the end they've been almost exclusively won by the established top guys. I'm really hoping for a final between O'Connor and Vafaei here though. It would great to have a new winner, and either of those guys would really have had to beat the top players to do it. Nobody could call a potential tournament win for Joe or Hossein undeserved. Or they could (and would) on this forum, but it would be utter bullcrap.

BRILLIANT POST :clap: :clap: <ok> :spot on:

Postby Wildey

and for the record it is grating big time ive had to bite my tongue often because i could easily ban some for the crap he mentions in that post but Ive held back might have to have a re think if people looking in thinks that about the forum.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:Draws are what they are you play who is in front of you to progress no point talking about easy draws what is someone suppose to do.

Pull out because he doesn't want dicks on forums criticizing his win of doing his job well and picking up a trophy unlike his rivals who lost to that Easy Draw.

Oh for bucks sake Wild.

I presume you are going after me for saying the UK draw was easy. I have explained to everyone else and I will explain to you once more so you understand.

What I am saying is that a tournament where you beat the best like O'Connor has is a bit special. If you don't beat the best then it won't be viewed as well. In my opinion - that's all.

Ain't no need to call me a sausage for that. It is an opinion -that's all. Might be wrong but I still wouldn't call you a sausage.

hammer maybe.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:Draws are what they are you play who is in front of you to progress no point talking about easy draws what is someone suppose to do.

Oh for bucks sake Wild.

I presume you are going after me for saying the UK draw was easy. I have explained to everyone else and I will explain to you once more so you understand.

What I am saying is that a tournament where you beat the best like O'Connor has is a bit special. If you don't beat the best then it won't be viewed as well. In my opinion - that's all.

Ain't no need to call me a sausage for that. It is an opinion -that's all. Might be wrong but I still wouldn't call you a sausage.

hammer maybe.

i was not calling you a sausage or anyone else i was merely pointing out what a player might think if he pulls out because of so called easy draws.

Postby Koninkaulus

Wildey wrote:and for the record it is grating big time ive had to bite my tongue often because i could easily ban some for the crap he mentions in that post but Ive held back might have to have a re think if people looking in thinks that about the forum.

To be honest, the whining and negativity in these tournament threads is the biggest reason I haven't signed up before. I'd love to occasionally discuss snooker, but why bother trying when these threads get basically spammed with this "awful tourney"/"awful player"/"easy draw" crap almost every time? I'm sure there are other lurkers who feel the same.

By the way, I added half a sentence to my original post and now it's awaiting approval again, so if you could make it visible once more I'd be very grateful. :)