Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 128 !!

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:No-one watching. It was like a China turnout

<laugh>

00.30 on a Tuesday morning tbf

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:Allen finishes off Joy with a 82. <ok>

Bar Allens match winning 82,it was a poor standard from both it has to be said.

Joyce had Allen on the ropes at one stage,but he made far too many errors.

Was there needle, or even any talk of needle this time? Last time they played it was a silly sideshow.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:http://www.livesnooker.com/category/snooker-interviews/im-a-very-dark-place-with-my-game-reveals-allen-20190211/

This is all news to me. I knew about the early concession but not that he was having a bad time of it, just thought he had a bad day.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Allen finishes off Joy with a 82. <ok>

Bar Allens match winning 82,it was a poor standard from both it has to be said.

Joyce had Allen on the ropes at one stage,but he made far too many errors.

Was there needle, or even any talk of needle this time? Last time they played it was a silly sideshow.

I think there was needle from Mark Allen. When he made his comments, I got the impression it was the first Joyce heard of it.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I would be surprised if Totten troubles Ding.

Nearly all of the top seeds have had very easy openers.

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody who didn't know the rules, picked up a cue for the first time and troubled Ding at the moment.

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:I know it's been said before but it does appear that Ding lacks some hunger at the moment.

I thought he looked like he was going to win the World Championship in 2016 and 2017. Since then he just looks like he can't be bothered with anything.

Since Ding won five ranking events during the 2013-14 season, he has only managed to pick up another two rankers in the past five years.

Postby SnookerFan

Ding has one glaring omission on his CV, The Crucible.

This year, when Selby and Ronnie went out I thought he had a chance. I think the problem is, so did he. He put pressure on him.

When he was 8-0 up against McGill, and was on for a session to spare, he stopped playing well. When it got to the point where he needed a third session, he started playing well again. If he can't handle the pressure of that, how is he going to handle the pressure of being favourite for the whole tournament.

There's body parts I'd sacrifice to see Ding win the World Title. Sadly, I don't think he ever will.

Postby Alex0paul

Ding is a new father. Snooker isn’t his number one priority at the moment

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:Ding is a new father. Snooker isn’t his number one priority at the moment

Fair point.

But I get the feeling it's more than that. I get the feeling he's just not enjoying himself out there.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:Talking of Ding, he UK conqueror James Cahill is playing Gerard Greene.

He's never really done much since that, has he?

He beat Selby at this season's UK.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Talking of Ding, he UK conqueror James Cahill is playing Gerard Greene.

Oh yeah. I forgot that.

But then, everybody was beating Selby at that point.

I'll pretend I knew that, and my point still stands. <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Ding has one glaring omission on his CV, The Crucible.

This year, when Selby and Ronnie went out I thought he had a chance. I think the problem is, so did he. He put pressure on him.

When he was 8-0 up against McGill, and was on for a session to spare, he stopped playing well. When it got to the point where he needed a third session, he started playing well again. If he can't handle the pressure of that, how is he going to handle the pressure of being favourite for the whole tournament.

There's body parts I'd sacrifice to see Ding win the World Title. Sadly, I don't think he ever will.

Which ones?

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ding has one glaring omission on his CV, The Crucible.

Which ones?

Probably his sausage.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Ding is a new father. Snooker isn’t his number one priority at the moment

Fair point.

But I get the feeling it's more than that. I get the feeling he's just not enjoying himself out there.

I have got that feeling for a long, long time. He looks bored and his body language is awful.

Postby Chalk McHugh

For those offering up body parts to Ding, give up your heart as ever more frequently Ding is sadly lacking in this department.