Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 128 !!

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:would diminish by leaving the EU.
Yes it would. The EU is part of the world. It makes up 44 per cent of your exports. Trading with this 44 per cent will, obviously, became far more complicated after March 29.

The mere prospect of this has seen your production output drop six months straight.

I wish you could tell my chairman this. He sends daily emails to the company that consist of pro-Brexit propaganda insisting that every economic stat is on the increase.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:That was a nice little post match with Robbo too.

Interesting point raised by Foulds that I'd never really thought about: "The pink's never on its spot at the end of a 147."

It's normally in a pocket :shrug:

You know what I mean you passive aggressive hammer :grrr:

Sorry - it was actually a good point I had not considered.

I am a hammer

Penny drops

buck off back to politics Peston

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Interesting point raised by Foulds that I'd never really thought about: "The pink's never on its spot at the end of a 147."

I am a hammer

<ok> No you're not.

You are a massive pin end though.

On a serious note, I thought it was pretty interesting, I doubt I'd ever have thought about it if Foulds hadn't mentioned it.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Yes it would. The EU is part of the world. It makes up 44 per cent of your exports. Trading with this 44 per cent will, obviously, became far more complicated after March 29.

The mere prospect of this has seen your production output drop six months straight.

I wish you could tell my chairman this. He sends daily emails to the company that consist of pro-Brexit propaganda insisting that every economic stat is on the increase.

At least the NHS will get £350,000,000 extra a week

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

At least the NHS will get £350,000,000 extra a week

My chairman is basically Ash except I can't tell him to buck the buck off.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I am a hammer

<ok> No you're not.

You are a massive pin end though.

On a serious note, I thought it was pretty interesting, I doubt I'd ever have thought about it if Foulds hadn't mentioned it.

It is a good point.

It does always seem to be near it's spot - from what I can recall anyway.

Can't ever remember one where they have had to nudge it off a cushion

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Does that mean the UK is doing better?

Yes, because as a much bigger economy, our capacity for production, buying power and ability to trade across the world is far higher than that of Ireland. Debt wouldn't affect us as much for these reasons.

...and then I go and spoil it all by doing something stupid like leaving EU

Believe it or not, none of those things would diminish by leaving the EU.

Of course, that's because the whole thing has been run like a rubbish show from day One by the idiots in charge. It should never have come to this.

Production will stabilise once the final terms of Brexit are known and we'll find other markets for our exports.

Postby Iranu

Cloud: what's your opinion on the school of thought that there should be a second vote now that we know how badly the Government has screwed the pooch?

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:[quote="Cloud Strife”]

Yes, because as a much bigger economy, our capacity for production, buying power and ability to trade across the world is far higher than that of Ireland. Debt wouldn't affect us as much for these reasons.[/quote]
...and then I go and spoil it all by doing something stupid like leaving EU[/quote]

Believe it or not, none of those things would diminish by leaving the EU.[/quote]

The mere prospect of this has seen your production output drop six months straight.[/quote]

Of course, that's because the whole thing has been run like a rubbish show from day One by the idiots in charge. It should never have come to this.

Production will stabilise once the final terms of Brexit are known and we'll find other markets for our exports.[/quote]

No, it’s because the people of Britain voted for purple unicorns when the best they could actually hope for were brain-damaged shetlands.

Look, I hope you’re right, I really do, for our sake as much as yours. But I have grave doubts.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Godot wrote:Hope Davis wins so we don't have to suffer his commentary tomorrow.

I don't believe winning this tournament is one of Mark's objectives for the season

I would like to express my disinterest in sleeping with Kate Upton

rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:Cloud: what's your opinion on the school of thought that there should be a second vote now that we know how badly the Government has screwed the pooch?

I would support a second vote. That said, if Leave won again can anyone honestly see things being handled any differently the second time around? It will be the same shit-show we have currently.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Cloud: what's your opinion on the school of thought that there should be a second vote now that we know how badly the Government has screwed the pooch?

I would support a second vote. That said, if Leave won again can anyone honestly see things being handled any differently the second time around? It will be the same shit-show we have currently.

Yeah I pretty much agree with that.

I go back and forth: one the one hand, is the ability to make an informed decision, knowing what we now know, a cornerstone fo democracy? On the other, would doing do betray the democratic rights that stem from the original vote?

I do think it would be an interesting thought experiment if nothing else, to call a second referendum to see how people would vote with the knowledge of the government's incompetence (which I maintain should have been expected from the outset. It's the British government, after all.)

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:There’s nothing undemocratic about voting again. People change their minds all the time based on what they see happening. It’s why we have elections every few years.

Yeah, fair point.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:There’s nothing undemocratic about voting again. People change their minds all the time based on what they see happening. It’s why we have elections every few years.

Fair enough. I personally wouldn't change my mind, but would have nothing against those that did. That's mainly because I'm not a staunch Brexiteer, I was never 100% in or out either way. It was more like 55/45. There are downsides to Brexit obviously, but the industry I work in would get a significant boost from it, and that was the main deciding factor for me.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:

Fair enough. I personally wouldn't change my mind, but would have nothing against those that did. That's mainly because I'm not a staunch Brexiteer, I was never 100% in or out either way. It was more like 55/45. There are downsides to Brexit obviously, but the industry I work in would get a significant boost from it, and that was the main deciding factor for me.

Yes I agree - refuse collection is likely to be bouyant once we bring it back in house.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yes I agree - refuse collection is likely to be bouyant once we bring it back in house.

rofl

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

ZING!

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:1 Ronnie O'Sullivan
2 Stephen Hendry
3 John Higgins
4 Mark Williams
5 Steve Davis.

Believe you me i was snake hissed off with Steve in the 80s he was so much better than anyone until Hendry came on the scene late 80s ive seen them all and Williams and Higgins is far better than Steve Davis was.

Mark Williams is not a better than Steve Davis.

in early 2000s Mark Williams was better than Ronnie and Higgins.

bullocks

He reached 2 World Finals before John or Ronnie. he Won a World Title before Ronnie got to a final. hes won the TC in the same season 2002/2003 the list goes on and on you either have a selective memory or just stupid

Postby Andre147

MJW was better than ROS and Higgins until 2003, his achievments clearly show it.

Talent wise ROS was always ahead of him, and at the time until he won his first World Title many thought he would be like Jimmy White destined to never win it.

But yes until 2003 MJW was a cut above the rest. He was freaking good between 98 and 2003.

Postby Wildey

up to the end of 2003

Mark Williams 15 ranking titles 2 Masters 2 WC
John Higgins 15 ranking titles 1 Masters 1 WC
Ronnie O'Sullivan 13 ranking titles 1 Masters 1 WC