Post a reply

Coral World Grand Prix Final !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image Monday 4th of February ~ Sunday 10th of February at The Centaur, Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham

Down to the Final match of this World Grand Prix, and Ali Carter is through to his first ranking event final since the 2017 German Masters, whilst his opponent Judd Trump won his Semi-Final in a final frame decider and finds himself into his 3rd Final of the season, having won The Masters and Nortern Ireland Open.

History between these two players isn't that much, with Carter leading 4-3 in proper matches but beating Trump in their only multi-session match, the 2012 World Championships in a 13-12 battle.

Can Carter claim his 5th ranking event title, or will Trump get to double figures with a 10th? All to play over 19 frames.

DRAW

Final

Allister Carter v Judd Trump

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: Trump leads 11-10
Main Tournaments: Carter leads 4-3
Multi-session matches:Carter leads 1-0
Finals : First Final

ORDER OF PLAY

NOT AVAILABLE IN THE UK

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Final !!!!!

Postby Andre147

As I said in the Semis thread and TR mentioned it as well, if Carter tries to apply a similar strategy to his 13-12 win in 2012 Trump will hammer him. He can now compete with safety play, and Selby is the best at that and he even managed to beat him in that department in the last few matches. At The Masters Judd was very impressive against Selby on his own game.

Here Carter needs to score heavily when he gets the chances and not hope for Trump to go for something crazy.

Postby Andre147

Off to bed :zzz:

Don't really like either player so I'm just hoping for a good Final but hopefully Carter won't start with his usual antics again...

Postby vodkadiet

Trump seems to be a better player since he stopped wearing that 'Burger (murder) King' logo. That is karma for you...

Postby Wildey

I Agree with Andre.

Trump is a better player this season hes applying himself to practice.

Last season Hawkins would have won that Match last night because Trump would have lost intrest at 4-3 that he couldnt get ahead of Hawkins.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Judd's resilience in the semi-final was very impressive. Despite numerous set-backs he remained positive and clear-minded.

He will need that same stoicism tonight as Ali is a fierce competitor who will exploit any perceived weakness.

I am hoping for a close final with an interesting second session.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:I Agree with Andre.

Last season Hawkins would have won that Match last night because Trump would have lost intrest at 4-3 that he couldnt get ahead of Hawkins.

Trump spent far too long believing his own hype. The BBC have been sucking him off years, and I think he believed all he had to do was turn up to win every match. It's taken him until recently to realise that this isn't the case.

Postby Dan-cat

Alex0paul wrote:Trump head and shoulders the best in the World right now

Level with Ronnie i’d say, possibly a hair’s breadth to the Earl of Trumpton.

Did you hear that Willie Thorne is bringing out a shampoo? It’s called Shoulders.

Postby Alex0paul

Dan-cat wrote:

Did you hear that Willie Thorne is bringing out a shampoo? It’s called Shoulders.

I’d say the Masters and Northern Ireland finals clearly show he’s ahead of O’Sullivan

Postby Dan-cat

Ali brings the drama, you can’t deny him that. A character for sure. What a tasty match up!

I’m making techno in a country pile in Esher (Esher Place, one of Henry 8th’s old palaces.) we set up all the synths and drum machines in the snooker room. We work on music (wrote three tunes yesterday, very productive), take breaks to play pool, and today i’ll have the snooker on. Bliss.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:

Trump spent far too long believing his own hype. The BBC have been sucking him off years, and I think he believed all he had to do was turn up to win every match. It's taken him until recently to realise that this isn't the case.

I agree with this and it was exemplified in his 2017 WC exit which I had hoped for a reaction to. It did not come and he continued his series of poor defeats to lesser players.

He will definitely have further setbacks and could easily have lost last night, but it does seem that his brother is having a positive effect on him. It is vital that he does not get complacent and applies himself in the run-up to the WC.

I do not believe he is yet the dominant force. It is far far too early to say that but recent evidence suggests he is hungry for more success.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

rofl Shoulders.

I get own brand Head And Shoulders from the Sam's 99p Store in Croydon. It's called Hair And Scalp.

#classy

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Ali brings the drama, you can’t deny him that. A character for sure. What a tasty match up!

I’m making techno in a country pile in Esher (Esher Place, one of Henry 8th’s old palaces.) we set up all the synths and drum machines in the snooker room. We work on music (wrote three tunes yesterday, very productive), take breaks to play pool, and today i’ll have the snooker on. Bliss.

I never really warmed to Ali Carter. Not sure why. I just don't really like him.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I don't mind Carter.

He is definitely pugnacious and shows his emotions more than most but he is (obviously) a great player and I admire the fact that he has overcome some tough medical conditions to get back to the top of his game.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Lets put it like this hes a very slow learner

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Stating the obvious, but Judd is favourite today.

Big call there

Postby Chalk McHugh

Trump 1/4
Carter 11/4

Carter + 3.5 frames at 8/11.

Dont see Trump at 1/4 favourite. Its a final between two good players. Anything can happen. I'd have thought a more reasonable market woukd see Trump 8/11 and Ali 2/1. At 1/4 Trump is unbackable. I fancy Carter + 3.5 frames at 8/11.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:Ali brings the drama, you can’t deny him that. A character for sure. What a tasty match up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZlFt3CQHoc

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Is it 8 and 11 or 9 and 10?

its 9 and 10.

only BBC Events goes 8 and 11

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
rofl Shoulders.

I get own brand Head And Shoulders from the Sam's 99p Store in Croydon. It's called Hair And Scalp.

#classy

That's a better name than head and shoulders!

I heard that joke from the Nugget. He was filling in at a spare session at the crucible and doing his exhibition schtick. Another joke was 'Barry Hearn's so rich he's got a bigger garden these days.... Kent'