Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Final !!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Judd lacks that certain X factor in the personality department, doesn't he? He hasn't been too blessed with charisma, which makes it hard to see how he will carry the baton when Ronnie finally retires.

It seems he doesn't really like being interviewed etc, but that's improved this season as well as his game.

He could do with some elocution lessons.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Judd lacks that certain X factor in the personality department, doesn't he? He hasn't been too blessed with charisma, which makes it hard to see how he will carry the baton when Ronnie finally retires.

It seems he doesn't really like being interviewed etc, but that's improved this season as well as his game.

He could do with some elocution lessons.

Snob

Postby hendry_fan

A brilliant 54 break from Judd in that final frame!. :bowdown: :clap:

Great stuff from Judd!,very pleased for him.

He had a scare in the very 1st round against Carrington,after leading 3-0,it was suddenly 3-3,but then Judd narrowly got over the line.

Had no problem in beating Ford in round 2.

In the 1/4,s he took the world Nr.1 apart by outplaying and thumping him 5-1.

Had a close shave in the semis against the Hawk,was behind the whole time in that match until he ended up winning the decider.

Played well in the final,fully deserved to win.

JUDD TRUMP!. :win: :cracker: <ok> :clap: :happy:

This win now puts him tied 9th,along with LEGEND Jimmy White on the list of the most ranking titles won list.

Jimmy won 10 ranking tourneys,had 24 ranking final appearences.

Judd has also won 10,but has <only> been in 19 ranking final appearences so far.

Postby Andre147

It might be only an hour's drive away by car, but Judd should be given the chance to play on Tuesday, same with Carter.

No.player involved in a Final should play less than 24 hours after it ends. If they dont mind then thats good, but they should be given the chance.

Postby Alex0paul

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Judd plays again tomorrow evening. Wtf.

It’s like a 45 minute journey

Postby Ash147

No one who’s just played in a final should be scheduled to play the next day. He should be playing on Tuesday, at the earliest.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:

its a bit of a come down from a final though with how the Welsh Open works he could have easily been drawn someone tougher than Harvey Chandler. Ali Carter has Stuart Bingham on Tuesday

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

its a bit of a come down from a final though with how the Welsh Open works he could have easily been drawn someone tougher than Harvey Chandler. Ali Carter has Stuart Bingham on Tuesday

It ain't a tough life though is it?

The tour now is heaven compared to how it was.

People talk about Judd and Ronnie and top players being fatigued but it is bullocks. Harvey Chandler has probably had to work for a living.

Postby HappyCamper

it's not as ridiculous as mark selby playing in the china championship on the sunday, then having to play in the european masters in beligum on the tuesday.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

People talk about Judd and Ronnie and top players being fatigued but it is bullocks. Harvey Chandler has probably had to work for a living.

That's a very good point you make there, BSP.

Who is likely to be more tired? Harvey Chandler after week of grinding and stacking shelves at his local supermarket or Judd after a week of playing best of 7 snooker, where he also enjoyed the high of winning another trophy?

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Good posting today my man. From early doors you were on top form.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Good posting today my man. From early doors you were on top form.

Snooker Island's MVP of the week.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:Snooker Island's MVP of the week.

He wasn't even here for half of the week <laugh>

Then again I guess silence probably puts him ahead of most of us rofl

Postby Pink Ball

Trump is in fine form.

Yes, he’ll still have to do it at the Crucible, but I’ve been very impressed with him this season. I was impressed by his performance against Higgins there last year, even though he lost. I felt I was seeing something different from him, and he has followed that up.

What has impressed me most is not that he is doing anything extraordinary, it’s that he has finally worked on his failings. He is a much better safety player now. He is beating the players who have always caused him trouble: Wilson, Hawkins, Carter. Not great players, but to be a great player, you have to beat everyone, not just the top fellas. Trump has always acquitted himself well against the better players bar Higgins. What he needed to do is beat the bread and butter players. He is now doing that consistently. If he played Higgins right now, let’s be honest, he’d slaughter him.

Is he the best player in the world? I’m not convinced he’s better than Sullivan right now, all things considered. But he finally belongs in that debate, so that’s something.

I make no apologies for praising his form. I’ve praised Sullivan to the moon this season, and Sullivan fans didn’t say a thing. Trump has been roughly as successful this season. Why wouldn’t I praise him?

I’m not a massive Trump fan, but he has improved significantly. And he was already a bloody good player as it was.

Postby Wildey

On a sidenote Mark Allen is confirmed as top seed for the Player Championship.

Even if Trump wins the Welsh Open he cant overhaul Allen and none of the top guys playing the marmite out or diarrhea if you prefer.

Postby gallantrabbit

It was a cracking tournament and final I thought. Carter certainly played his part. I don't understand Carter's annoyance at the pundits. He's a spiky little feker ain't he? I prefer Hawkin's attitude..."I'm not fancies for tournaments because I don't win many..." In a nutshell.
Trump has the taste for it and he really enjoys a big occasion and a little pressure. Any player who plays his best under pressure is dangerous. It can only be good for the game if someone with his flair wins the WC.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

gallantrabbit wrote:It was a cracking tournament and final I thought. Carter certainly played his part. I don't understand Carter's annoyance at the pundits. He's a spiky little feker ain't he? I prefer Hawkin's attitude..."I'm not fancies for tournaments because I don't win many..." In a nutshell.
Trump has the taste for it and he really enjoys a big occasion and a little pressure. Any player who plays his best under pressure is dangerous. It can only be good for the game if someone with his flair wins the WC.

+1

Postby Andre147

gallantrabbit wrote:It was a cracking tournament and final I thought. Carter certainly played his part. I don't understand Carter's annoyance at the pundits. He's a spiky little feker ain't he? I prefer Hawkin's attitude..."I'm not fancies for tournaments because I don't win many..." In a nutshell.

Hawkins thinks the way it is, because he often reaches Quarters or Semis but fails to deliver at the crunch. Against Trump though he played well and didnt fall apart.

Carter rightly so wasnt expected to win from 6-3 down but we know he can do it, just like that 2012 match against his opponent.

Postby SnookerFan

I don't mind that attitude. The pundits said he had no chance of winning, so he set about trying to prove them wrong. Nowt wrong with that.

It's better than him shrugging and going; "Yeah. I'm not very good, am I?"