Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Kerry v Dublin, Gaelic Footballs version of the El Classico, on later this evening at 7pm. I do love my snooker but both Gaelic football and hurling take precedence for me. Always have. Always will. Together with football it is good to have a varied interest in a few different sports. They are my 4 loves. Rugby i'd shut the curtains if it was on out the back garden.

Hope to catch the end of the snooker tonight and would like Trump to clip the Hawks wings and set up a Micky Dazzler final.

Trump 6-4.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Why do you never see women working in Indian restaurants?

Not sure if serious.

It always seems to be men.

Just an observation.

Is that not a culture where women are expected to work?

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Xiao looking for his third ranking final after losing to Ding in Shanghai and to McGill in a Final Frame Decider in the 2017 Shootout

That statement got very near a 10 year ban from Snooker Island.

Shootout isnt and never will be a ranking event no matter what Barry Hearn or anyone else says.

It is and I can’t wait for this years addition

Postby Chalk McHugh

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Xiao looking for his third ranking final after losing to Ding in Shanghai and to McGill in a Final Frame Decider in the 2017 Shootout

That statement got very near a 10 year ban from Snooker Island.

Shootout isnt and never will be a ranking event no matter what Barry Hearn or anyone else says.

It is and I can’t wait for this years addition

Hope Wildey doesn't ban me but i like the Shootout, too. It doesn't bother me one iota whether its a ranking event or not. I'll leave worrying about ranking points to the aficianados on here.

Postby gallantrabbit

The shootout is a bit of fun and a different event. Good thinking from BH. Making it a ranking event is surely in poor taste but I guess he's allowed the odd slip up or excess of ego.

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:I don't give a monkeys about the ranking vs non-ranking distinction.

At first I thought it was a very strange decision, now I'm not too fussed, to be honest. Barry Hearn knows the inner workings of snooker better than anyone and if he thinks the sport will benefit in some way by the Shootout becoming a ranker then so be it. We should trust his judgement.

Postby KatherineParsons

I enjoy watching the shootout but think it's crazy to have it as a ranking tournament.

Shall we have a 15 minute 5-a-side weekend in middle of football season and give 3 premiership points to the winners? Exactly.

As for this tournament, with Trump Long-Head, Captain Moron and Egg Hawkins the leftovers still in it I regrettably won't be watching any more of my 'home' tournament. Hopefully one or all of them will get some of that equine flu that's hanging around here.

As for me, new plans are to watch 'The Punisher' season 2 in 4K with my cat!

Catch up with you all for the Welsh Open :)

Postby Chalk McHugh

KatherineParsons wrote:I enjoy watching the shootout but think it's crazy to have it as a ranking tournament.

Shall we have a 15 minute 5-a-side weekend in middle of football season and give 3 premiership points to the winners? Exactly.

As for this tournament, with Trump Long-Head, Captain Moron and Egg Hawkins the leftovers still in it I regrettably won't be watching any more of my 'home' tournament. Hopefully one or all of them will get some of that equine flu that's hanging around here.

Honest, hard hitting and to the point. Catch ya later man. There's more to life than snooker and plenty of snooker to choose from.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:I dont eat in Indian restaraunts all that much. Much prefer Chinese. But i am surprised to hear woman dont work if thats the case.

It's just an observation. I've eaten in several different ones, and don't remember having a waitress.

I only thought about it last night.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:I don't give a monkeys about the ranking vs non-ranking distinction.

At first I thought it was a very strange decision, now I'm not too fussed, to be honest. Barry Hearn knows the inner workings of snooker better than anyone and if he thinks the sport will benefit in some way by the Shootout becoming a ranker then so be it. We should trust his judgement.

Is that supposed to be sarcasm?

Anyway... I love the Shoot-Out, different to anything else and fun... however should never have been a ranker and only for fun purposes and to give players lower down the rankings TV exposure.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I dont eat in Indian restaraunts all that much. Much prefer Chinese. But i am surprised to hear woman dont work if thats the case.

It's just an observation. I've eaten in several different ones, and don't remember having a waitress.

I only thought about it last night.

I have had the same experience. I've never seen a woman working in an Indian restaurant.

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Anyway... I love the Shoot-Out, different to anything else and fun... however should never have been a ranker and only for fun purposes and to give players lower down the rankings TV exposure.

I feel much the same. I've always enjoyed watching it, as I've always found it to be a fun change to the regular formats. It has no business in being a ranking event though, and it amazes me that anyone would think otherwise.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I feel much the same. I've always enjoyed watching it, as I've always found it to be a fun change to the regular formats. It has no business in being a ranking event though, and it amazes me that anyone would think otherwise.

Honestly, i couldn't care less about ranking points. I like watching snooker, thats all.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:We're all agreed that it shouldn't be a ranker.

Nobody is saying it shouldn't be enjoyed if you like it.

Pretty much everyone knows it shouldn't be a ranking event.

No we haven't all agreed it shouldn't be a ranker.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Sarcasm? Not at all.

As I said before, I'm not too bothered about it being a ranker. Obviously, would prefer it not to be, but if that's what Hearn wants, so be it. I think he deserves abit of leeway to run the tour as he sees fit.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Postby Ash147

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Honestly, i couldn't care less about ranking points. I like watching snooker, thats all.

Do you not think that the idea of someone getting 32,000 ranking points for winning it is a bad thing? Not only does it get them into the Champion of Champions, but it could also give that player enough points to qualify for things like the Masters, and the other ITV Coral events.

Postby Chalk McHugh

No Ash i dont think its a good or bad thing as it doesn't interest me. I like watching the snooker and dont take any notice of world ranking positions. I never have.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I asked a friend of mine and he said the two Indian restaraunts close to where i live have woman working there.

He's lying.

My friend Rogon Josh never lies.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:
KatherineParsons wrote:I enjoy watching the shootout but think it's crazy to have it as a ranking tournament.

Honest, hard hitting and to the point. Catch ya later man. There's more to life than snooker and plenty of snooker to choose from.

Dude, you do realize this poster is probably a woman, :huh:

Postby HappyCamper

The last time I went to an Indian restaurant I was served by a waitress. It does seem less common than in European or East Asian style eateries but it's hardly unheard of.
Last edited by HappyCamper on 09 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.