Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:what a break. All that in the decider. This is another confidence booster for Trump, beating a Beast mode Hawkins.

Hawkins today was nowhere near Beast Mode.

He was being sarcastic.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:what a break. All that in the decider. This is another confidence booster for Trump, beating a Beast mode Hawkins.

I was just joking.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:

Iranu - I think the Rocket might have been jesting there

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
D4P wrote:Trump and Carter have played each other 21 times overall, but only 5 times in real matches. (Carter leads 3-2).

Come on Ali

Like you Cloud - I am a fan of Ali.

Also like judd so it's a no-lose final for me.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Iranu - I think the Rocket might have been jesting there

Seems that way :emb:

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:This is Trump's tourney now. Captain Angry doesn't stand a chance.

Trump does better against the likes of ROS and Selby than he does against the likes of Carter,Bingham or Hawkins. I wouldn't underestimate Carter as he isn't afraid of playing Trump.

Still expecting Trump to win. 10:7 or 8 is my prediction.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:This is Trump's tourney now. Captain Angry doesn't stand a chance.

Trump does better against the likes of ROS and Selby than he does against the likes of Carter,Bingham or Hawkins. I wouldn't underestimate Carter as he isn't afraid of playing Trump.

I agree - I think Carter will make a fight of it.
He will be elated at reaching another final and keen not to let the chance pass.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
D4P wrote:Trump and Carter have played each other 21 times overall, but only 5 times in real matches. (Carter leads 3-2).

Come on Ali

Good to see you back, BSP.

You're absence the last few days did not go unnoticed. Hope all is well.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Come on Ali

Good to see you back, BSP.

You're absence the last few days did not go unnoticed. Hope all is well.

:hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:

Image[

Postby TheRocket

<laugh>

This time I'm serious Cloud. I think Carter will be trying to implement his 2012 WC strategy. Making every frame tactical and just frustrating Trump a little bit.

But Trump has shown in recent time that he doesnt bother about tactical or scrappy frames. In fact he even won most of them, even against Selby. So Carters strategy aint gonna work I feel.

Carter needs to score heavily tomorrow rather than trying to be too clever and outfox Trump.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Well - I think all Judd fans will agree that his partnership with his brother has paid dividends. Three finals in quick succession are quite the antidote to a couple of poor seasons. Very poor seasons for the current dominant player which it is hard to dispute.

I genuinely would have liked Ronnie to have overcome an out-of-sorts low-ranked half-blind Marco Fu and met Judd as it would have given the opportunity for Judd to deliver three consecutive spankings or.....Ronnie to have given it a twist and beaten Judd.

But it wasn't to be and Judd has had a tough route to the final. I just hope that the Ronnie fans will be the 'bigger people' and enjoy a great final tomorrow night. I think we have a new challenger but he has a way to go yet before he can be crowned the new king.

The king is not yet dead eh?

Postby Ash147

I have just got back from dinner out and a couple of games of bowling. I’m happy to see that Judd has beaten Hawkins, and I’m looking forward to seeing him in the final tomorrow.

Good night everyone, see you all tomorrow. :zzz:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:<laugh>

This time I'm serious Cloud. I think Carter will be trying to implement his 2012 WC strategy. Making every frame tactical and just frustrating Trump a little bit.

But Trump has shown in recent time that he doesnt bother about tactical or scrappy frames. In fact he even won most of them, even against Selby. So Carters strategy aint gonna work I feel.

Carter needs to score heavily tomorrow rather than trying to be too clever and outfox Trump.

If there's one thing Judd has improved is his safety play and overall approach to defense.

So that 2012 strategy Carter may try will only see him getting hammered in this Final. As you say,Carter needs to be positive and score when he gets the chances, and look for opportunities, not trying his opponent to miss them.

Postby mantorok

I rest my case. This is the better final.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I just hope that the Ronnie fans will be the 'bigger people' and enjoy a great final tomorrow night. I think we have a new challenger but he has a way to go yet before he can be crowned the new king.

Speaking as a Ronnie fan, I do find myself not wanting Trump to win and establish himself as a threat to Ronnie's continued success in the next few years.

But I have to think that Ronnie doesn't really want his fans to think that way. Relative to most other people in his position, he has always had much more of a "share the wealth" attitude and I think he would be happy to see Judd reaching his potential and would generally welcome the challenge Judd might pose.

Postby Iranu

Honestly it's about time someone stepped up to challenge Ronnie's near-dominance of the tour (WC aside) over the last few years.

Postby SnookerFan

I don't really understand the hate for Barry. Not somebody who is going to end his career with dozens of ranking events. But a nice enough guy, fairly attacking player and always difficult to beat.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:I don't really understand the hate for Barry. Not somebody who is going to end his career with dozens of ranking events. But a nice enough guy, fairly attacking player and always difficult to beat.

I like him.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:I don't really understand the hate for Barry. Not somebody who is going to end his career with dozens of ranking events. But a nice enough guy, fairly attacking player and always difficult to beat.

You must be joking, right ?!
The hate comes from the fact that he plays negative snooker, he couldn't be further away from an attacking player.

Postby Chalk McHugh

So Judd won in the end.That's good news. I'm a Ronnie fan that also likes Trump. He's good for the game. Adds a bit of razmatazz to proceedings. I make him slight favouriye today v a very hungry Carter. One or two frames either way. I'll go 9-7 Judd but if Ali wins i will be happy for him as no man,no matter how angry he is, doesn't deserve a little ray of sunshine to brighten up his life.

Postby Chalk McHugh

As for Barry. Nice guy without a doubt. That is not up for debate but his playing style doesn't work for me. I've seen him twice at the Masters now and will do my best to make sure i dont score a Bazza hat trick. I must have got close to breaking the Ally Pally yawning record last month. Some may enjoy watching him. Others like me are bored to distraction. Horses for courses. Thank god Titillating Trump put Sleep Mode Bazza to sleep last night zzzzzzz.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:

The hate comes from the fact that he plays negative snooker, he couldn't be further away from an attacking player.

When he plays his best (beast mode) he is great to watch. He does not play negative snooker. He's a great break builder. He doesn't have a long game like Judd so it would be silly to go for every long pot, but he does attack when he needs to. His safety game is fantastic as well.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:

He did not play negative snooker last night. He played well and was as attacking as he needed to be. I certainly don't remember him refusing any potential pots.

Barry seems a nice guy who works hard and I believe he has the potential to win more ranking events.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

When he plays his best (beast mode) he is great to watch. He does not play negative snooker. He's a great break builder. He doesn't have a long game like Judd so it would be silly to go for every long pot, but he does attack when he needs to. His safety game is fantastic as well.

:goodpost:

I said he was fairly attacking. I didn't say he was Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Postby eraserhead

Not a fan of Barry because he plays his best in quarter finals. He’s just a pointless player because he’s never going to win the big events and stops potentially good matches happening.