Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
KatherineParsons wrote:I enjoy watching the shootout but think it's crazy to have it as a ranking tournament.

Shall we have a 15 minute 5-a-side weekend in middle of football season and give 3 premiership points to the winners? Exactly.

As for this tournament, with Trump Long-Head, Captain Moron and Egg Hawkins the leftovers still in it I regrettably won't be watching any more of my 'home' tournament. Hopefully one or all of them will get some of that equine flu that's hanging around here.

As for me, new plans are to watch 'The Punisher' season 2 in 4K with my cat!

Catch up with you all for the Welsh Open :)

Honest, hard hitting and to the point. Catch ya later man. There's more to life than snooker and plenty of snooker to choose from.

Dude, you do realize this poster is probably a woman, :huh:

Says the man who never realised Ezra Scarlet was a lady haha . Oops sorry my mistake.

Postby Chalk McHugh

HappyCamper wrote:The last time I went to an Indian restaurant I was served by a waitress. It does seem less common than in European or East Asian style eateries but it's hardly unheard of.

Quite common i'd imagine.

Postby HappyCamper

Ash147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
At first I thought it was a very strange decision, now I'm not too fussed, to be honest. Barry Hearn knows the inner workings of snooker better than anyone and if he thinks the sport will benefit in some way by the Shootout becoming a ranker then so be it. We should trust his judgement.

Is that supposed to be sarcasm?

Anyway... I love the Shoot-Out, different to anything else and fun... however should never have been a ranker and only for fun purposes and to give players lower down the rankings TV exposure.

I feel much the same. I've always enjoyed watching it, as I've always found it to be a fun change to the regular formats. It has no business in being a ranking event though, and it amazes me that anyone would think otherwise.

Honestly, i couldn't care less about ranking points. I like watching snooker, thats all.

Do you not think that the idea of someone getting 32,000 ranking points for winning it is a bad thing? Not only does it get them into the Champion of Champions, but it could also give that player enough points to qualify for things like the Masters, and the other ITV Coral events.

32k is't really that many ranking points though. Only the PHC has a lower tariff. For the provisional rankings for the Worlds only three players could currently move into the top 16 with a Shoot-Out victory (Bingham, Perry, Carter).

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
KatherineParsons wrote:I enjoy watching the shootout but think it's crazy to have it as a ranking tournament.

Shall we have a 15 minute 5-a-side weekend in middle of football season and give 3 premiership points to the winners? Exactly.

As for this tournament, with Trump Long-Head, Captain Moron and Egg Hawkins the leftovers still in it I regrettably won't be watching any more of my 'home' tournament. Hopefully one or all of them will get some of that equine flu that's hanging around here.

As for me, new plans are to watch 'The Punisher' season 2 in 4K with my cat!

Catch up with you all for the Welsh Open :)

Honest, hard hitting and to the point. Catch ya later man. There's more to life than snooker and plenty of snooker to choose from.

Dude, you do realize this poster is probably a woman, :huh:

Says the man who never realised Ezra Scarlet was a lady haha . Oops sorry my mistake.

Yeah, u are right, u both messed up. But in my defense, Katherine is more common woman name than Erza. :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:The last time I went to an Indian restaurant I was served by a waitress. It does seem less common than in European or East Asian style eateries but it's hardly unheard of.

I didn't mean it to be a big discussion. Just that I don't remember having seen any.

If it's less common, that's probably why

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:
D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I didn't realise Tramp vs Hawkins were 9-9 in the head to head.

It's 4-3 Tramp in real matches.

What are the rest, Championship League?

Mostly

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Xiao looking for his third ranking final after losing to Ding in Shanghai and to McGill in a Final Frame Decider in the 2017 Shootout

That statement got very near a 10 year ban from Snooker Island.

Shootout isnt and never will be a ranking event no matter what Barry Hearn or anyone else says.

Unfortunately it is a ranking event. It carries ranking points.

I don't like it any more than you do, and have refused to watch it since it became a ranking event. I even sent World Snooker an e-mail telling them this.

Sadly, it's not up to me. Despite it being the worst and most unfair decision in the history of sport, it is a ranking event.

PTC Carried Ranking Points 3 tournaments in the 90s carried ranking points one won by Tony Drago.

BTW Regarding the ban hope nobody took me serious that was obviously a joke

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Xiao looking for his third ranking final after losing to Ding in Shanghai and to McGill in a Final Frame Decider in the 2017 Shootout

That statement got very near a 10 year ban from Snooker Island.

Shootout isnt and never will be a ranking event no matter what Barry Hearn or anyone else says.

Unfortunately it is a ranking event. It carries ranking points.

I don't like it any more than you do, and have refused to watch it since it became a ranking event. I even sent World Snooker an e-mail telling them this.

Sadly, it's not up to me. Despite it being the worst and most unfair decision in the history of sport, it is a ranking event.

PTC Carried Ranking Points 3 tournaments in the 90s carried ranking points one won by Tony Drago.

BTW Regarding the ban hope nobody took me serious that was obviously a joke

I for one think we should all start pretending that the Shoot Out isn't a ranking event.

Mod rules are mod rules. <ok>

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Anything interesting on pre-match chat?

Just confirmation that Rishi is 20x better than Jill.