Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Quarter Finals !!

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:So it looks like it’s going to be Judd vs Hawkins for the other semi-final, unless Wilson can win the next three frames in a row.

Not impossible.

Though I'd prefer Judd vs Hawkins.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Last four wins of Trump against Selby.

6:1,6:2,6:2,5:1

No one has ever destroyed Selby like this.

I think Judd is finally becoming a top player, like he's promised to be for years.

I always thought he believed his hype too much, thought all he had to do is turn up to win.

Hopefully that's changed now.

He's definitely been looking more level-headed. And apparently practising harder than he's ever done before. And in recent time he's been reaping the benefits of his hard work.

So all credit to him.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:He's definitely been looking more level-headed. And apparently practising harder than he's ever done before. And in recent time he's been reaping the benefits of his hard work.

So all credit to him.

Remember when Steve Davis gave him a grilling for having the audacity to practice?

"What you practice? Even when there's not a tournament on? What's the point?"

<doh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:In no way is Higgins while Trump been top player is better than Selby in that Time Higgins has beaten Selby only once in proper non Championship league Matches 2015. and overall Selby 11-5 vs Higgins so no that's not the reason.

What?

I’m glad it wasn’t just me who didn’t understand that.

Let me translate that. :chuckle:
What Wildey is trying to say, in his own unique language, is that: in the past few years, since Trump has become a top player, Selbo has been better than Higgins and has beaten him in most of their encounters.

However, as we all know, if player A beats player B, and player B beats player C, it doesn't mean player A is automatically gonna beat player C.
For all purposes, in our example: Selbo is player A, Higgins is player B, and Trump is player C.

What Wildey fails to grasp is the fact that:
1. Higgins is a better breakbuilder than Selbo and can clear up tougher tables. So he can punish Trump more for his mistakes than Selbo can.
2. Trump has improved his shot selection in the past year and he doesn't go for as many stupid shots as he did before.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:In no way is Higgins while Trump been top player is better than Selby in that Time Higgins has beaten Selby only once in proper non Championship league Matches 2015. and overall Selby 11-5 vs Higgins so no that's not the reason.

What?

OK in language that idiots might understand Since 2010 Higgins has beaten Selby Once in 6 Matches last twice in Finals

Prior to 2011 Judd was not a top player.

does anyone follow that now or shall i use crayons to draw you some pictures like i might for under 5s?

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:How does everybody rate The Centaur as a venue?

If it's got a good atmosphere, it doesn't come acorss on television.

And did they have to decorate it blue?

I’ve been to Cheltenham for the geegees a few times. I was never too taken by the Centaur. And yes, it’s very blue.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

What?

OK in language that idiots might understand Since 2010 Higgins has beaten Selby Once in 6 Matches last twice in Finals

Prior to 2011 Judd was not a top player.

does anyone follow that now or shall i use crayons to draw you some pictures like i might for under 5s?

In my post above yours, I already explained it to them.

Postby Ash147

Johnny Bravo wrote:For the record, I think I'm the only one who can understand Wildey's language.
For the modest fee of 1 pounds per post, I will translate everything he says. :chuckle:

This time next year you'll be a millionaire.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:What Wildey fails to grasp is the fact that:
1. Higgins is a better breakbuilder than Selbo and can clear up tougher tables. So he can punish Trump more for his mistakes than Selbo can.

yea but that hasent been the case Trump game totally goes against Higgins Higgins hasnt had to play that well to beat him.

But i think after demolishing Ronnie the way he did next time he plays Higgins, Higgins will have to play better to stand any chance.

confidence breeds confidence and now for the first time Trump actually looks like he could string tournaments together.

Postby SnookerFan

Every player has mental scars.

Shaun Murphy has always struggled to beat Ronnie. (Admittedly Ronnie has probably been better than Higgins has in the last few years.) But snooker is a game of confidence, and traditionall Trump's has deserted him when he plays Higgins.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ash147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:For the record, I think I'm the only one who can understand Wildey's language.
For the modest fee of 1 pounds per post, I will translate everything he says. :chuckle:

This time next year you'll be a millionaire.

Unfortunately, that seems very unlikely. Wildey doesn't post too much. :-( :sad:

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Last four wins of Trump against Selby.

6:1,6:2,6:2,5:1

No one has ever destroyed Selby like this.

I think Judd is finally becoming a top player, like he's promised to be for years.

I always thought he believed his hype too much, thought all he had to do is turn up to win.

Hopefully that's changed now.

His form's lasted a month, let's not get carried away.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:What Wildey fails to grasp is the fact that:

yea but that hasent been the case Trump game totally goes against Higgins Higgins hasnt had to play that well to beat him.

But i think after demolishing Ronnie the way he did next time he plays Higgins, Higgins will have to play better to stand any chance.

confidence breeds confidence and now for the first time Trump actually looks like he could string tournaments together.

I agree, Trump is very likely to demolish Higgins atm. Although Higgins might pull of a Trump and give it 300% and win. <laugh>