Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Quarter Finals !!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:While Trump plays like a man posssessed against Ronnie and Selby, Higgins seems to do so against Trump. So I wouldn't write off Higgins against Trump.

Peaking in one match is always a possibility. I hope they'll meet in a multi session match, maybe again at the World Championship. Trump needs a big win over Higgins.

Trump has never played Higgins with the type of Form hes in at the Moment.

Well depends. Maybe he never felt as confident as he is now but he played to a very high level in a few matches against Higgins. Shanghai Masters 2012 , World Open 2014, Scottish Open 2016. Even at the World Championship last year he was playing quite well.

Trump started off like a train and knocking in break after break but Higgins suddenly found another gear and overpowered Trump.

But fair to say Trump let him off the hook.

Trump led 7-2 in Shanghai and 4-0 up at the World Open in a Best of 9. SHould never have lost those 2 matches.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Hawkins is playing well. He could give Trump a really tough game.

I remember quite well most were saying it was a garanteed win for Trump at the 2016 Masters Semis, but Hawkins played Beast Mode and beat him.

Beast Mode Barry is a machine hard to stop.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Hawkins is playing well. He could give Trump a really tough game.

I remember quite well most were saying it was a garanteed win for Trump at the 2016 Masters Semis, but Hawkins played Beast Mode and beat him.

Beast Mode Barry is a machine hard to stop.

Looking forward to seeing how Trump plays against Barry. I thought he was more likely to lose against him than Robbo at the masters. Not because of ability just maybe taking him lightly.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
I'm glad Selby did that. It saved everyone from having to endure more of Trump's showboating nonsense.

I love that nonsense.

Me too. :bowdown: :hatoff:
I wish players would do that more often. I'm also annoyed at the fact that nobody tries to double the black these days in the same fashion the "Hurricane" and the "Whirlwind" did it. :irk:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The 2005 Masters final? I don't think Higgins threw his towel on the table. But placed his towel on his cue and raised the "white flag".

You're right.

Allen did the same thing when he lost to ROS at the 2010 Welsh Open.