Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Last 16 !!

Postby Iranu

Yuan Sijun's won fewer frames this week than Michael Wasley won to beat Ding at the Crucible.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Drew1404 wrote:Oh there's some salty comments on the original post, people siding with snooker backer. Honestly sijun has impressed me so much this week, he has that air of confidence,he even said in an interview he fancies beating the top players, and he seems to thrive in the spotlight. That to me is signs of a special talent.

He's certainly a great prospect. But usually we need time to tell.

Yan Bingtao was headed for great things a year ago, and has done basically nothing since.

Hopefully Sijun bucks the trend, and is as good as he already looks.

Hendry wasn't saying Sijun was going to achieve this or that, he was just saying he's the best 18-year-old he's seen since the class of '92. If that is his opinion, it's his opinion.

yea exactly.

some you win some you dont. But Snookerbacker or anyone else cant say it wont happen because nobody knows. it took Judd Trump 4 seasons to reach the last 16 he was 19 at the time.

I Remember in the 80s Brian Morgan was touted as the Next Steve Davis by some even before he turned Pro that obviously didn't happen.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Not a fan of Snookerbacker but he's spot on this time. There has always been a massive hype and expectation regarding these Chinese youngsters but if you look at the facts and stats you gotta say that Ding has been more impressive and won more as well when he was at the age of his compatriots.

He won the China Open and UK Championship as a 18 year old. And even though he's probably underachieved and not won the World title by now he's still had a good career.

So it even remains to be seen if these Chinese supertalents can justify that hype and even get to Dings level and has that success. Let alone to surpass him.

Fully agree with this. I think Hendry's chatting rubbish if he honestly thinks Yuan is the best teen he's seen since the class of 92. I have my doubts as to whether he genuinely believes it himself, probably he's been pushed by his employers to hype up and hyperbolise the so-called new kid on the block. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Personally, I see nothing special with Yuan Sijun, to be honest. His safety is poor and positional play is erratic from what I've seen. Sure, he can pot them off the lamp-shades, but they can all do that. He's produced nothing yet that we haven't seen from countless others over the years.

He's still very young, so let's wait and see before annointing him the next chosen one.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Not a fan of Snookerbacker but he's spot on this time. There has always been a massive hype and expectation regarding these Chinese youngsters but if you look at the facts and stats you gotta say that Ding has been more impressive and won more as well when he was at the age of his compatriots.

He won the China Open and UK Championship as a 18 year old. And even though he's probably underachieved and not won the World title by now he's still had a good career.

So it even remains to be seen if these Chinese supertalents can justify that hype and even get to Dings level and has that success. Let alone to surpass him.

Fully agree with this. I think Hendry's chatting rubbish if he honestly thinks Yuan is the best teen he's seen since the class of 92. I have my doubts as to whether he genuinely believes it himself, probably he's been pushed by his employers to hype up and hyperbolise the so-called new kid on the block. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Personally, I see nothing special with Yuan Sijun, to be honest. His safety is poor and positional play is erratic from what I've seen. Sure, he can pot them off the lamp-shades, but they can all do that. He's produced nothing yet that we haven't seen from countless others over the years.

He's still very young, so let's wait and see before annointing him the next chosen one.

Hendry lost in a final to 18 year old Ding so he is in a much better position to judge it and obviously he wasent that impressed with Ding at that time as he is with the Way Yuan plays today.

it really has jack rubbish to do with what you win.

Postby Iranu

I think Hendry probably just forgot how young Ding was when he came through.

He kept comparing Yuan to Ding, so otherwise he means Yuan's a better version of Ding at the same age.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Alex0paul wrote:Ali carter’s live score pic just sums him up so well

His body language always annoys me. He's a tiny little hobbit but he walks around with his chest pumped up as if he's the heavyweight boxing champ or something.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:

His body language always annoys me. He's a tiny little hobbit but he walks around with his chest pumped up as if he's the heavyweight boxing champ or something.

He should focus on intimidating opponents with his play rather than his body language.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

He should focus on intimidating opponents with his play rather than his body language.

Spot on.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Spot on.

Body Language is important you have to look like you can win but obviously you have to back it up.

Postby Dan-cat

Hendry blocked me on Twitter! That's sad. I was only joking. I remember he once signed a poster for me when I was 14, in Harrogate, at a Matchroom event. Wished him luck for April, he won that year. It's the era of the over-sensitive isn't it? Yes it's state the obvious day.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Hendry blocked me on Twitter! That's sad. I was only joking. I remember he once signed a poster for me when I was 14, in Harrogate, at a Matchroom event. Wished him luck for April, he won that year. It's the era of the over-sensitive isn't it? Yes it's state the obvious day.

Ronnie has Blocked me a long time ago i wear it as a badge of honour.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:Hendry blocked me on Twitter! That's sad. I was only joking. I remember he once signed a poster for me when I was 14, in Harrogate, at a Matchroom event. Wished him luck for April, he won that year. It's the era of the over-sensitive isn't it? Yes it's state the obvious day.

What did you say that made him block you?

Postby Iranu

rofl

Twitter's a cesspool, can't blame him for taking you more seriously than you meant it.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Hendry lost in a final to 18 year old Ding so he is in a much better position to judge it and obviously he wasent that impressed with Ding at that time as he is with the Way Yuan plays today.

Hendry has said this is the first time he's seen Yuan play. So his comments about him being the best teenager since the class of 92 are based on two bo7 matches. Hardly a convincing argument.

Ding on the other hand has won the UK Championship (pure multi session-format back then) as a 18 year old. And he even destroyed the opposition. And outfoxed Steve Davis in the final who had some revival back then.

So you have the bare facts and stats on the one side and Hendrys premature comments based on two matches on the other.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Hendry has said this is the first time he's seen Yuan play. So his comments about him being the best teenager since the class of 92 are based on two bo7 matches. Hardly a convincing argument.

Ding on the other hand has won the UK Championship (pure multi session-format back then) as a 18 year old. And he even destroyed the opposition. And outfoxed Steve Davis in the final who had some revival back then.

So you have the bare facts and stats on the one side and Hendrys premature comments based on two matches on the other.

you can tell in a few frames you dont need a long time..its about the way he goes around a table how he plays shots the all round way he does it the fact he won was a bonus.

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:

@Dan_Cat 1h1 hour ago

Replying to @snookerbacker @SHendry775
Stephen did you watch 17 year old Yan Bingtao get to the final of a Home Nations event, losing to Willo by the odd frame? Oh wait no you weren’t being paid to commentate :-P

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

@Dan_Cat 1h1 hour ago

Replying to @snookerbacker @SHendry775
Stephen did you watch 17 year old Yan Bingtao get to the final of a Home Nations event, losing to Willo by the odd frame? Oh wait no you weren’t being paid to commentate :-P

Cheeky!

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:I can see why he wouldn't want that on the thread. Still, I enjoyed his tweets. Boo hoo.

i could talk to him if you want

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I see Snookerbacker is still pushing the idea of China being all hype and fading away in a few years which is the reverse of the "in ten years half the top 16 will be Chinese" argument.

Postby Dan-cat

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I see Snookerbacker is still pushing the idea of China being all hype and fading away in a few years which is the reverse of the "in ten years half the top 16 will be Chinese" argument.

I think they will come stronger it's just not happening as quickly as they thought it would