Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I read somewhere that Yan Bingtao's dip in form coincided with him getting a girlfriend. Maybe he's been distracted.

Yeah. The cold practice room or the warm bed with the tasty missus?

Put the Table in your bedroom gives a whole new meaning to mid session Interval ;-)

Postby carayip

stephen hendry
@SHendry775
Fancy Ding this week
David
@davidtgraham70
@SHendry775 who wins the world gran prix outright stephen ?? #Snooker

Right before Ding got whitewashed by Gilbert :-p

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I read somewhere that Yan Bingtao's dip in form coincided with him getting a girlfriend. Maybe he's been distracted.

Yeah. The cold practice room or the warm bed with the tasty missus?

Put the Table in your bedroom gives a whole new meaning to mid session Interval ;-)

Worked for Paul Hunter.

Postby SnookerFan

Raphael98 wrote:And a fabulous result for Gilbert, as he whitewashed Ding by 4-0. Just to inform the ones who aren't here at the moment.

I knew that'd be a tough one for Ding.

Postby Alex0paul

Raphael98 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Going to be an odd finalist

Amazingly Alex, that can pretty well happen.

Thanks, wasn’t aware

Postby carayip

Raphael98 wrote:And a fabulous result for Gilbert, as he whitewashed Ding by 4-0. Just to inform the ones who aren't here at the moment.

Gilbert was superb. I don’t think he missed one pot all match, at least not till frame already won. His pot success rate must be 98 or 99%. It’s a ROS at his best performance.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:I think Hendry probably just forgot how young Ding was when he came through.

He kept comparing Yuan to Ding, so otherwise he means Yuan's a better version of Ding at the same age.

But he's not.

At 18 Ding had won the China Open.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Hendry blocked me on Twitter! That's sad. I was only joking. I remember he once signed a poster for me when I was 14, in Harrogate, at a Matchroom event. Wished him luck for April, he won that year. It's the era of the over-sensitive isn't it? Yes it's state the obvious day.

To be fair, you didn't say anything that he doesn't freely admit himself.

He doesn't watch snooker unless he's paid to, and when asked he's honest enough to admit it.

Postby Drew1404

I think the young guys who grew up watching ding in his prime are what we are starting to witness now, looking at their ages, but it will still be some time before we see something special from them. Sijun could do that this week, we'll have to wait and see

Postby Raphael98

I was just checking the draw and there will be at least one player off the top 16 seeds on the semi finals, as Xiao and Sijun are 28 and 29th seeds respectively and are going to play each other in the next round. On the other side, there will be at least three players of the top 16 seeds, as Noppon is the only one off the top 16 seeds and is playing Selby.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:I think Hendry probably just forgot how young Ding was when he came through.

He kept comparing Yuan to Ding, so otherwise he means Yuan's a better version of Ding at the same age.

But he's not.

At 18 Ding had won the China Open.

I know.

Postby tsurani

Dan-cat wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:wtf did just happen? Allen conceded though there were still many points on the table.

Fine in coming

What happened?!

He missed an easy yellow and then conceded while it was still mathematically possible to win the frame.