Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Last 32 !!

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I would have watched the next game if Judd hadn’t taken so bloody long. It’s almost my bed time, so I shan’t bother.

That's why I wanted the Ding match first.

I’m surprised you’re up this late.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Breaking news: The Premiere in of Liam Neeson's latest film in New York has been cancelled!

Should have kept it to himself. Did he not realise the sort of reaction he would get in this current ultra-PC climate?

Actually I think the reactions have been pretty fair. Condemning him for what he did, 'applauding' him (for want of a better word) for admitting it and recognising how awful it was etc, while still explaining how he could have handled it better.

Unsurprisingly the more reactionary, well, reactions have come from sensationalist pseudo-journalists like Piers Morgan, for whom the only applicable descriptor would unfortunately get me banned.

Postby vodkadiet

Trump may not be the brightest bulb but at least he seems more intelligent than Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:A good first 2 days of this event. The 2 'classless' members of the 'class of 92' beaten and now the most boring personality on the snooker tour going home. Carrington couldn't pack out a telephone box!

At least they don't parakeet.

https://youtu.be/EEXCtkSd_UA

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:the draw for the welsh open has been made. higgins v dott in the first round ffs.

Allen vs Joyce.

david gilbert v jimmy robertson too.
bingham v carter
some ridiculous matches for the first round.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:Trump may not be the brightest bulb but at least he seems more intelligent than Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Imagine Trump negotiating Brexit for us. We certainly would not be in this current mess if he was.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 05 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Breaking news: The Premiere in of Liam Neeson's latest film in New York has been cancelled!

Should have kept it to himself. Did he not realise the sort of reaction he would get in this current ultra-PC climate?

Actually I think the reactions have been pretty fair. Condemning him for what he did, 'applauding' him (for want of a better word) for admitting it and recognising how awful it was etc, while still explaining how he could have handled it better.

Unsurprisingly the more reactionary, well, reactions have come from sensationalist pseudo-journalists like Piers Morgan, for whom the only applicable descriptor would unfortunately get me banned.

I must be following the wrong Twitter feeds and reading the wrong forums because from what I've mostly read, the reaction has been quite harsh. And now the cancellation of his film premiere. Yep, some things you should just keep to yourself.

Postby Iranu

We probably have different benchmarks for what constitutes harsh/fair.

By the way, it's only the red carpet that's been cancelled, not the premiere itself.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:A good first 2 days of this event. The 2 'classless' members of the 'class of 92' beaten and now the most boring personality on the snooker tour going home. Carrington couldn't pack out a telephone box!

His eye were on the red he potted, he wasn't paying attention to the tip of the cue.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

No shortage of competition for that prize.

Postby Iranu

Jack just played one of the best roll ups behind the yellow I've ever seen with the white tight on the baulk cushion!

Postby Andre147

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:the draw for the welsh open has been made. higgins v dott in the first round ffs.

Allen vs Joyce.

david gilbert v jimmy robertson too.
bingham v carter
some ridiculous matches for the first round.

Thats the 128 format you. Everyone outside Top 16 is drawn randomly v the top players, which in turn sees matches like this happen.

Postby Iranu

Jack may be the Dreamboat, but it's Ding who sails through 4-1 after what ended up being a really, really good performance.

339 points without reply.

Postby vodkadiet

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

His eye were on the red he potted, he wasn't paying attention to the tip of the cue.

It was blatant. He knew he had done wrong and that showed in his performance the following day. I cannot ever remember Higgins cheating.

In fairness to O'Sullivan it was an aberration. I would be very surprised if it happened again. He went over the top the following day, he made sure he made a foul and called himself for it immediately. And then there was the 'offering Luo a place in The Champion of Champions'.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Trump may not be the brightest bulb but at least he seems more intelligent than Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Imagine Trump negotiating Brexit for us. We certainly would not be in this current mess if he was.

I was referring to Judd Trump!! Even Rees-Mogg is more intelligent than Donald Trump!
Last edited by vodkadiet on 06 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Perry laying snooker after snooker in the decider against Ford on the last red.

Currently 56-10 to Ford after one foul.

Postby vodkadiet

Alex0paul wrote:Ford getting angry?

An angry Tom Ford is someone you don't want to mess with. Liam Neeson with a baseball bat wouldn't even fancy the job!

Postby Alex0paul

vodkadiet wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Ford getting angry?

An angry Tom Ford is someone you don't want to mess with. Liam Neeson with a baseball bat wouldn't even fancy the job!

At least he’s not black