Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Last 32 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Trump may not be the brightest bulb but at least he seems more intelligent than Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Imagine Trump negotiating Brexit for us. We certainly would not be in this current mess if he was.

I was referring to Judd Trump!! Even Rees-Mogg is more intelligent than Donald Trump!

I was talking about Judd Trump too. What made you think I was referring to Donald? :chin:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:the draw for the welsh open has been made. higgins v dott in the first round ffs.

Allen vs Joyce.

david gilbert v jimmy robertson too.
bingham v carter
some ridiculous matches for the first round.

Thats the 128 format you. Everyone outside Top 16 is drawn randomly v the top players, which in turn sees matches like this happen.

But thats what works about the Home Nations it means Top Players can meet and on the flip-side Minnows can play each other and get further in the event and can earn enough points to appear in the likes of the World GP and make some money.

What people have against 128 is it makes it hard for rookies against legends first off but it can mean you could reach the quarter finals without playing top 64 players if the draw works for you.

With the tiered system that could not happen.

Postby Andre147

So what you say those rookies need to get lucky with the draw they get...

If they keep drawing top players, they will never progress.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
Godot wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What a surprise, Hendry aint seen Yuan before..

Surprised at Hendry... raises the question does he watch no snooker apart from the games he commentates on? Yuan has beaten a lot of big names this season.

Exactly that.

If Ever there was a player id never thought of as a comentator was Hendry. He never watched Snooker as a player and then he was a Comentator i never saw that comming same with Ronnie really.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:So what you say those rookies need to get lucky with the draw they get...

If they keep drawing top players, they will never progress.

No but it helps them if they get a lucky draw the tiered system was harder for them to progress.

Sometime you used to have a Last 32 of a tournament with 30 out of 32 top 32 players you dont get that anymore much more players reach the later stages these days.

Postby tsurani

Wildey wrote:If Ever there was a player id never thought of as a comentator was Hendry. He never watched Snooker as a player and then he was a Comentator i never saw that comming same with Ronnie really.

I really believe that if Hendry had plenty of money in the bank we would not see him at all.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, Ding won?

Does your Internet connection only allow you to connect to Snooker Island...? :chin:

Sorry for joining in with the discussion.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:
D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, Ding won?

Does your Internet connection only allow you to connect to Snooker Island...? :chin:

Sorry for joining in with the discussion.

Don't beat yourself up. Everyone makes mistakes.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:A good first 2 days of this event. The 2 'classless' members of the 'class of 92' beaten

Wouldn’t call any of the three of them classy, if I’m honest

Ronnie feeds the homeless. Class. Gave his cue to a fan. Gives his prizes to fans. Comforted Ding. Class.

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:A good first 2 days of this event. The 2 'classless' members of the 'class of 92' beaten

Ronnie feeds the homeless. Class. Gave his cue to a fan. Gives his prizes to fans. Comforted Ding. Class.

He does some classy things occasionally. Doesn’t make him a classy person on the whole. Doesn’t make him a classless person on the whole. Probably somewhere on the middle. Like most of us.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

He does some classy things occasionally. Doesn’t make him a classy person on the whole. Doesn’t make him a classless person on the whole. Probably somewhere on the middle. Like most of us.

Agreed.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I didn't sleep very well last night.

Were you having nightmares about Coral?

No, the Trust A Trader man.

Postby Alex0paul

Dan-cat wrote:Hendry: 'Shaun Murphy is the best and most consistent long potter in the game.'

Really?

Was he laughing as he said it?