Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:
D4P wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Starting to think it may be Trump’s year

Just because he won a non-elite, rubbish event...?

Whatever I want to say about The Masters, there’s no doubt the players take it very seriously

Yes, no doubt the players consider it "elite".

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
D4P wrote:

Whatever I want to say about The Masters, there’s no doubt the players take it very seriously

All players who have won The Masters are elite and top players, no journeyman there, so you might want to reconsider that.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
D4P wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
D4P wrote:

All players who have won The Masters are elite and top players, no journeyman there, so you might want to reconsider that.

Perrie Mans

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The BBC really went to town on this one, using words like 'walloping', 'thrashed' and 'rout'.

I have always thought that they are normally quite reserved in their language but are these descriptions really justified?

If it weren't for a couple of careless shots from Judd it could have been 10-2 or even 10-1 tonight and I dread to think what hyperbolic phrases they might have dredged up then.

More respect please.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Perrie Mans

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Postby Pink Ball

Not really sure why I’ve gotten so much hate for being vocal about thinking The Masters is overrated. It’s an opinion. Not necessarily correct, but that’s what forums are about.

This week we’ve heard BadSnookerPlayer claim Selbys peak is better than Sullivan’s. I think that a far more outrageous statement, but I have shown nothing but respect to his cretin trumper analysis

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:Not really sure why I’ve gotten so much hate for being vocal about thinking The Masters is overrated. It’s an opinion. Not necessarily correct, but that’s what forums are about.

This week we’ve heard BadSnookerPlayer claim Selbys peak is better than Sullivan’s. I think that a far more outrageous, but I have shown nothing but respect for his idiot trumper analysis.

Claiming Selby's peak is better than ROS is not outrageous, just plain stupid really. Maybe Selby's safety play is better, but overall Ronnie's A game is much stronger.

As for your opinion about The Masters, of course it's your opinion and I respect it. I for one think it's one of the hardest events to win, because only the elite players win it (ok Perry Mans excluded rofl ) and it has had some of the best ever Finals I've ever seen in Snooker, and the standard in them was insane.

I would rate The Masters above the UK now because it has kept a similar format since it began. Hendry always used to rate it as his 2nd favourite tournament.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:Not really sure why I’ve gotten so much hate for being vocal about thinking The Masters is overrated. It’s an opinion. Not necessarily correct, but that’s what forums are about.

This week we’ve heard BadSnookerPlayer claim Selbys peak is better than Sullivan’s. I think that a far more outrageous statement, but I have shown nothing but respect to his cretin trumper analysis

You came out with a rubbish opinion and quite rightly caught some flak for it. That's all it is, so move on. Dont be a snowflake now and start playing the victim.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:

This week we’ve heard BadSnookerPlayer claim Selbys peak is better than Sullivan’s. I think that a far more outrageous, but I have shown nothing but respect for his idiot trumper analysis.

Claiming Selby's peak is better than ROS is not outrageous, just plain stupid really. Maybe Selby's safety play is better, but overall Ronnie's A game is much stronger.

As for your opinion about The Masters, of course it's your opinion and I respect it. I for one think it's one of the hardest events to win, because only the elite players win it (ok Perry Mans excluded rofl ) and it has had some of the best ever Finals I've ever seen in Snooker, and the standard in them was insane.

I would rate The Masters above the UK now because it has kept a similar format since it began. Hendry always used to rate it as his 2nd favourite tournament.

Does anyone really take badsnookerplayer seriously when he comes out with this stuff?

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:

You came out with a rubbish opinion and quite rightly caught some flak for it. That's all it is, so move on. Dont be a snowflake now and start playing the victim.

I wasn’t being bucking serious, you cretin. I love being an trumper rash.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Does anyone really take badsnookerplayer seriously when he comes out with this stuff?

He’s a dangerous client.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Perrie Mans

Perrie Mans at the time was a top player he was World no 2 at 1 point.

and he beat Steve Davis at the Masters in 1981 the only player to beat Davis at a TC event that season.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

That's it. Keep wallowing in your own self-created victimhood, you miserable snowflake.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Perrie Mans

and he beat Steve Davis at the Masters in 1981 the only player to beat Davis at a TC event that season.

He was largely rubbish

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

That's it. Keep wallowing in your own self-created victimhood, you miserable snowflake.

You really need to check your privilege, you fanny flap

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:It is silly to say ROS cannot win the Worlds. Of course he can.

He was demolished by Judd today but he is too long in the tooth to be scarred by that.

It will be interesting to see if he will respond well to this defeat or take his foot off the pedal. I would not be surprised if he wins the next tournament that he enters.

Great post mate, fully agree.

Who here thought MJW could win another WC? Nobody, maybe not even that big MJW fan here who I cant remember his nickname lol...

ROS can win another one, but needs consistency in his game and being able to focus for long periods.

I Do think though Judd is the closest Ronnie will get to being scared because hes such a brilliant long potter it puts pressure on safeties all the time and that department was woefull by Ronnie this afternoon.

Trump has that fearless persona Hunter and Hendry had before him especially when hes confident.

Judd's problem in the past was trying to screw the cueball back to balk instead of comitting to a pot but now hes much more comited to a shot than he used to be.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Perrie Mans

He was largely rubbish

looking back yea but you could say that about Kirk Stevens aswell but at the time Perry beat Thorburn, Reardon and Higgins to win the Masters in 1979 thats as tough as it got.

Postby Pink Ball

D4P wrote:To say that the Masters is rubbish is incomplete without indicating which tournament(s) is/are not rubbish, and indicating which system for selecting elite players to compete in an event is a superior system...

The Masters isn’t rubbish. In my opinion, it just doesn’t deliver on what it claims to be: an elite-only major. The matches are too short for it to feel like a major, and inviting as many as 16 players is too much for it to be elite, in my opinion.

The Tour Championship format is much closer to what I always wanted the masters to be.

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:The Masters isn’t rubbish. In my opinion, it just doesn’t deliver on what it claims to be: an elite-only major. The matches are too short for it to feel like a major, and inviting as many as 16 players is too much for it to be elite, in my opinion.

The Tour Championship format is much closer to what I always wanted the masters to be.

That seems reasonable, though I would point out that (if I understand correctly) the Tour Championship's field would currently feature Jack Lisowski and David Gilbert...