Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Finals : Judd Trump v Neil Robertson

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well of course he was trying to get to baulk, but do you honestly believe he had no idea that the white would head towards the corner pocket?
Even at my level of play I would have a fair idea of the line I was taking.
As Andre said, avoiding the reds in itself made it a very impressive shot.

Doesn't really matter does it?

Yeah avoiding the reds was impressive. But the safety from Ronnie I was talking about was inch perfect just as he intended while Judd's had some luck with it, in my opinion.

Fair enough HC - I am more than happy with that as I did not see ROS

Judd's maybe was 2nd best shot?

Postby eraserhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Am I right to think that Judd a year ago would have lost this?

He is starting to look a much more balanced player IMO

Hard to say as they both dragged each other down. Neil was especially bad. Biggest test tomorrow.

Postby HappyCamper

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Am I right to think that Judd a year ago would have lost this?

He is starting to look a much more balanced player IMO

well trump a year a go lost to wilson from 5-2 up so...

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well of course he was trying to get to baulk, but do you honestly believe he had no idea that the white would head towards the corner pocket?

Yeah avoiding the reds was impressive. But the safety from Ronnie I was talking about was inch perfect just as he intended while Judd's had some luck with it, in my opinion.

Not sure. Ding had some great shots in his 147 attempt as well.

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Not sure. Ding had some great shots in his 147 attempt as well.

Mother of Jesus...

Postby Badsnookerplayer

That was a really enjoyable semi-final IMO.

Lots of errors and luck but fascinating nonetheless.

I would like Judd to win tomorrow but the weight of opinion on SI does not favour him. Judd has had a tough run to the final and if he does win it then it will be one of his most impressive tournament wins.

I promise that if he loses I will not mention fatigue as I have always maintained that is a feeble excuse in snooker.

Let's have a great final

Postby D4P

In three matches, Judd Trump has beaten three players who have won all 3 Triple Crown events. That probably doesn't happen very often...And I hope (for Ronnie's sake) he doesn't end up beating four such players in four matches...

Postby mantorok

D4P wrote:In three matches, Judd Trump has beaten three players who have won all 3 Triple Crown events. That probably doesn't happen very often...And I hope (for Ronnie's sake) he doesn't end up beating four such players in four matches...

I wouldn't put it past him. Then I wouldn't put it past Ronnie to play outstanding tomorrow either.

Postby Andre147

This is Trump's chance to win a Major title beating a top opponent, and none tougher than ROS.

Mantorok is right, he's beaten Ronnie, but never in a Big Final like this. If he does beat him, then I think he will finally establish himself as a player capable of winning multiple TC events.

Unless he faces Higgins rofl