Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Finals : Judd Trump v Neil Robertson

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
IMO Trump's shot was a fluke. If he meant it, than it's the better shot, but my gut tells me it was a fluke.

How in the name of buck do people not think that’s what he meant to do? Could you explain what you think he was trying to play?

My (sizeable) brain hurts

I think he was just trying to get the cueball back to baulk.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
IMO Trump's shot was a fluke. If he meant it, than it's the better shot, but my gut tells me it was a fluke.

How in the name of buck do people not think that’s what he meant to do? Could you explain what you think he was trying to play?

Me too. Commentary on Eurosport said it as well.

Postby Pink Ball

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

He was clearly playing to finish near that corner pocket because the brown was in an awkward spot. Aiming for the corner was a great call. Had he not finished behind the brown, he could have had Robertson bridging over the brown. Had he missed the brown, he’d have Robertson on the cushion.

But he played it perfectly and got Outcome A. Which was hugely difficult to do.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Well of course he was trying to get to baulk, but do you honestly believe he had no idea that the white would head towards the corner pocket?
Even at my level of play I would have a fair idea of the line I was taking.
As Andre said, avoiding the reds in itself made it a very impressive shot.

Doesn't really matter does it?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well of course he was trying to get to baulk, but do you honestly believe he had no idea that the white would head towards the corner pocket?

Yeah avoiding the reds was impressive. But the safety from Ronnie I was talking about was inch perfect just as he intended while Judd's had some luck with it, in my opinion.
Last edited by Holden Chinaski on 19 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well of course he was trying to get to baulk, but do you honestly believe he had no idea that the white would head towards the corner pocket?

Yeah avoiding the reds was impressive. But the safety from Ronnie I was talking about was inch perfect just as he intended while Judd's had some luck with it, in my opinion.

What was lucky about it? Was he lucky to play it perfectly?