Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Finals : Judd Trump v Neil Robertson

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:This is Trump's chance to win a Major title beating a top opponent, and none tougher than ROS.

Mantorok is right, he's beaten Ronnie, but never in a Big Final like this. If he does beat him, then I think he will finally establish himself as a player capable of winning multiple TC events.

Unless he faces Higgins rofl

Can't see Higgins beating Judd atm.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:This is Trump's chance to win a Major title beating a top opponent, and none tougher than ROS.

Mantorok is right, he's beaten Ronnie, but never in a Big Final like this. If he does beat him, then I think he will finally establish himself as a player capable of winning multiple TC events.

In a Best of 11 or above, Higgins could beat Trump with one arm.

Postby TheRocket

Trump,Selby and Higgins have caused Ronnie the biggest trouble from all the current players. So naturally it should be a hard match for ROS.

I still think a Masters final is a different kettle of fish than all the finals Trump has won against Ronnie so far. But he came close in that 2014 UK final.

Postby Ash147

D4P wrote:In three matches, Judd Trump has beaten three players who have won all 3 Triple Crown events. That probably doesn't happen very often...And I hope (for Ronnie's sake) he doesn't end up beating four such players in four matches...

Kyren Wilson hasn’t won any Triple Crown events. :chin:

Postby D4P

Ash147 wrote:
D4P wrote:In three matches, Judd Trump has beaten three players who have won all 3 Triple Crown events. That probably doesn't happen very often...And I hope (for Ronnie's sake) he doesn't end up beating four such players in four matches...

Oops, for some reason I was thinking he beat Williams. I blame my cat, who's distracting me right now...

Postby Ash147

D4P wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Oops, for some reason I was thinking he beat Williams. I blame my cat, who's distracting me right now...

Still though, to beat two Triple Crown winners en route to the final is very impressive. If he makes it three that would be an amazing achievement for him.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

The key part was 'atm'

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Really don’t think that will be the case from here on out

Postby TheRocket

Very big match this. Probably their second biggest encounter after that WC semi in 2013.

ROS with a chance to win an eight Masters title and have a shot at winning all three Triple Crown titles this season.

For Trump its one of the biggest matches of his career. Chance to win a second TC and win two of the three Triple Crowns.

Both have a lot to win but also lot to lose.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Very big match this. Probably their second biggest encounter after that WC semi in 2013.

ROS with a chance to win an eight Masters title and have a shot at winning all three Triple Crown titles this season.

For Trump its one of the biggest matches of his career. Chance to win a second TC and win two of the three Triple Crowns.

I think the outcome of tomorrow's match will dictate how this rivalry plays out in the future. Ronnie could really do with putting Trump back in his box.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Very big match this. Probably their second biggest encounter after that WC semi in 2013.

I think the outcome of tomorrow's match will dictate how this rivalry plays out in the future. Ronnie could really do with putting Trump back in his box.

I think you're right.

I am starting to seriously respect Trump as a genuine rival to Sullivan – moreso than Selbo and Higgins nowadays – but knowing Sullivan, that can change very quickly.

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:

I agree. Should Trump win this it would be a big mental boost for him and you really fancy him to win most of the matches against an older and aging Ronnie in the future. Especially in finals.

You can always see the difference when he plays Higgins and then Ronnie. Against Higgins he knows he has never beaten him in a proper match and thats why he always crumbles against the Scot. Against Ronnie however he plays like a man possessed.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I agree. Should Trump win this it would be a big mental boost for him and you really fancy him to win most of the matches against an older and aging Ronnie in the future. Especially in finals.

You can always see the difference when he plays Higgins and then Ronnie. Against Higgins he knows he has never beaten him in a proper match and thats why he always crumbles against the Scot. Against Ronnie however he plays like a man possessed.

Famous last words, words which could be proven very wrong later today, but I felt that, even though he lost, he emerged from the Higgins match last year with a huge amount of credit. He has crumbled against him before, but that wasn't a bottle job. Higgins upped his game big time, Trump managed to live with him until the very bitter end. It was a defeat, but as moral victories go, it was one that gave him a lot of encouragement.

Postby Andre147

Trump winningthe Final would finally establish him as a major contender for TC events, even though the Worlds is way different to the rest.

I think ROS will be bang up for it and want some revenge from NI, which compared to this is a small event but a loss is a loss and they always stay in your head until you manage to win the next match.

Postby Wildey

to be honest i dont think Judd has anything to prove against Ronnie hes held his own extreamly well his Head to Head against Ronnie is as good if not better than anyone.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:to be honest i dont think Judd has anything to prove against Ronnie hes held his own extreamly well his Head to Head against Ronnie is as good if not better than anyone.

he doesnt have to prove anything against him, but rather the fact that if he wins it means he is ready to win these big titles v top quality opposition.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:to be honest i dont think Judd has anything to prove against Ronnie hes held his own extreamly well his Head to Head against Ronnie is as good if not better than anyone.

For all the jizzing over what Selbo does to Sullivan, Trump's record is considerably more impressive

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:

For all the jizzing over what Selbo does to Sullivan, Trump's record is considerably more impressive

Pretty sure the jizzing comes* from Selbo's painful, come from behind* victories over Ronnie in Triple Crown events. Judd's victories over Ronnie haven't hurt that much...

*See what I did there...?

Postby Chalk McHugh

Ronnie saying winning isn't that important and he just wants to enjoy himself for however long he has left is admirable if true.

I think he is under massive pressure to win today. First of all does he really want to lose his 6th final in 13 appearances in his 'home' major? A 7-6 win ratio as good as it is could have been so much better. Win today and an 8-5 final win ratio has so much more of a healthy look about it. More in tune with a player of his talent.

Secondly he is up against a player who has a better head to head record against him in finals and has already beaten him in the Northern Ireland Open final this year. Make no mistake, Judd has the game to beat Ronnie and has proven he doesn't fear him. Another Ronnie final defeat to Judd and especially in his home town would be a huge body blow to the Rocket no matter howw calm or zen he portrays himself. It will just chip away at his inner most belief that he's the games top dog and at 43 if Judd beats him again it could well signify a changing of the guard to some extent.

Judd has his own pressures but Ronnie is under more imo. The clock is ticking and these chances of major victories will not come around again as frequently.

So much at stake for the legacies of both men. It's a hard game to call but i'm giving Ronnie a hesitant nod to win that 8th Masters crown and send 95% of the Ally Pally crowd doolally.

Come on Ronnie!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Were you at the semi Chalk?

No wasn't at either semi. Ronnie v Ding was a good match. Last night was a little underwhelming.

I'm off away now to visit the Tower of London. Back for the big one. Enjoy.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

You blame your pussy?