Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Finals : Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sulliv

Postby HappyCamper

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:at no point during this match has o'sullivan not been favourite.

I disagree. I think he was second favourite after Ding won three frames in a row to go 4-3.

You're wrong.

Maybe. All the momentum was with Ding at that point, and Ronnie wasn’t looking as good as he did before the interval.

frames on the board is much more important than 'momentum'. o'sullivan is a significantly better player and is more likely to win two frames before ding wins three.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Favourite and second favourite are just guesses at the end of the day. It seems weird to change who is favourite several times in the match.

Ronnie was favourite pre-match, he'll either win or he won't.

Ronnie been Favorite in this Match before they won the 1st round or Quarters and nothing has changed during the match. some people expect too much. Snooker players miss pots they miss position and they miss judge safeties ronnie no different.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Ronnie is pulling out some great shots here. That brown could win him this match.

That seems to surprise you, when it was very likely this was going to happen.

It surprises me because of the way he played in the middle part of the match.

Postby Andy Sparky

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie hugging Ding and motivating him and telling him to keep going! That is so nice to see! Ronnie's a great guy.

That was really nice to see.

I think Ronnie instinctively knows the importance of encouraging these key overseas players and gets to know them as people.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:13th Masters final. And for the first time he's got to the Mastersfinal after winning the UK Championship.

This is Ronnie's chance to win all the 3 majors in one season. Obviously the Crucible will be the hardest of them all.

No doubt. I've said it a few times. This is his best chance. Huge match tomorrow. Can't afford to lose that one.