Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Quarter Finals : Mark Selby v Judd Trump

Postby Johnny Bravo

Although Trump has been in good form in recent times, I was really impressed by Selbo's scoring against Mags.
He has always been a tough match player, but his scoring has never impressed me that much. He cleared some very tough tables against Mags.
I make Selbo favorite. However if his safety is not up to par and Judd gets in, than it might be the other way around.

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:Looking forward to this one, bigtime. Hope Judd wins but fancy Selby to win. I feel he's a luttle to savvy in the mental and tactical aspects of the game and will tie Judd up in knots. Selby 6-4.

Sorry I missed you Chalky! Next time. It will be the annual meet-up of the Phil Yates' fan club soon so will catch you there of course. Guess what we are eating?

Yes the matches we have lined up over the next few days.... wow. Nary a numpty in sight.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Looking forward to this one, bigtime. Hope Judd wins but fancy Selby to win. I feel he's a luttle to savvy in the mental and tactical aspects of the game and will tie Judd up in knots. Selby 6-4.

Sorry I missed you Chalky! Next time. It will be the annual meet-up of the Phil Yates' fan club soon so will catch you there of course. Guess what we are eating?

Yes the matches we have lined up over the next few days.... wow. Nary a numpty in sight.

You are a very positive person Dan. And i just cannot fathom the scorn poured on poor Phil Yates by most on here. Just let him wax lyrical all day. I like his sense of humour, too. We'll catch up no doubt. Cheers.

Postby Andre147

Selby played nearly flawless snooker, one of the most impressive performances I-ve seen from him, especially being there to witness it. Could easily have made 5 century breaks.

I think he'll beat Trump today 6-3.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Selby played nearly flawless snooker, one of the most impressive performances I-ve seen from him, especially being there to witness it. Could easily have made 5 century breaks.

Selby didn't nearly play "flawless snooker". Stop exaggerating please.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Selby played nearly flawless snooker, one of the most impressive performances I-ve seen from him, especially being there to witness it. Could easily have made 5 century breaks.

Everytime he came to the table he cleared up, so yes he did play FLAWLESS SNOOKER!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Everytime he came to the table he cleared up, so yes he did play FLAWLESS SNOOKER!

I respect the fact English is not your first language, I suggest you go and look up the meaning of the word 'flawless'. Maguire had plenty of chances himself which on another day he would have capitalised on.

Postby hendry_fan

As my dad used to say and actualy still does say,......

......"What a rasper of a match".

I,m really lookin forward to it,i canny remember the last time i watched these 2 play against each other. :chin:

Talk about a tough call,it certainly aint a match one would wanna bet on,i certainly canny pick the winner.

I hope Selbs wins though,although i won,t be too disappointed if Judd wins.

I,ve never been into Judd as a person,but after watchin an interview he did with Mr Walker the other day,he,s actually grown on me a bit more.

Intrestin to hear that he,s calmed down on partying,thinkin lots bout goin on holidays and is now more focused on snooker these days and that he,s now eager to win more titles than to be satisfied just pickin up the odd 1 here n there. <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Must have been a great match to watch live Andre.

Selby's performance was amazing.

I hope he can maintain that form.