Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Finals : Ryan Day v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:This feels a lot like Ronnie’s performance against Carter at the World Championship last year. Some of the shots he‘s missing, that last blue off the spot for example, and his safety is not tight. He looks very beatable, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him going out here.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:This feels a lot like Ronnie’s performance against Carter at the World Championship last year. Some of the shots he‘s missing, that last blue off the spot for example, and his safety is not tight. He looks very beatable, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him going out here.

:bird:

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:

The MDG virus is very contagious...

Postby Ash147

clm wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Scooper wrote:Do you guys shave / trim your pubes? I never have.

No, I'm a man.

https://youtu.be/M72oumOGMVI?t=286

Ronnie's fiance sharing secrets about his trimming here.

I enjoyed the match and the BBC interview. Poor Ron saying he always feels sick around this time tho.
I'm still rooting for him o'course.

I've now got an image in my head of Ronnie sitting in his shed with a pair of shears attacking his genital region.

Postby Dan-cat

clm wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Scooper wrote:Do you guys shave / trim your pubes? I never have.

No, I'm a man.

https://youtu.be/M72oumOGMVI?t=286

Ronnie's fiance sharing secrets about his trimming here.

I enjoyed the match and the BBC interview. Poor Ron saying he always feels sick around this time tho.
I'm still rooting for him o'course.

Yes, always trim.

Postby Ash147

Scooper wrote:Lol I was just wondering whether Ronnie trimmed.

I reckon I’ll stick to not bothering.

It's not worth it. Your pubic hair prevents bad bacteria from getting near your genitals. Grooming your pubic hair also puts you at risk of infection.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:

It's not worth it. Your pubic hair prevents bad bacteria from getting near your genitals. Grooming your pubic hair also puts you at risk of infection.

I think trimming is OK but completely shaving increases the risks of what you mention. Could be wrong about that though.

Shaving/waxing is a weird thing to have caught on in society.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

I think trimming is OK but completely shaving increases the risks of what you mention. Could be wrong about that though.

Shaving/waxing is a weird thing to have caught on in society.

Shaving is definitely worse, because you remove the barrier that would help prevent infection, and you're opening up lots of small wounds in the process. If you shave regularly these will never properly heal until you stop shaving.

Trimming still has it's risks though. It increases the chance that you will contract an STD.

Postby Ash147

Alex0paul wrote:He’s not losing to Ding or Brecel. Once Allen went out he was basically all but in the final.

It would be surprising, but it's not impossible. Bingham, Day and Brecel would be one of the easiest runs to a Masters final you could hope for though.

Postby eraserhead

Just catching up on the Ronnie match on youtube. When someone uploads it with the time between shots cut out, are they editing that themselves or is it some algorithm marmite?. Because if they're doing it themselves it seems a lot of work for a worse result.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:
Trimming still has it's risks though. It increases the chance that you will contract an STD.

I'm guessing that mostly applies to herpes?

Although I guess if you're making small cuts when you shave that it can apply to other STIs too.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:Just catching up on the Ronnie match on youtube. When someone uploads it with the time between shots cut out, are they editing that themselves or is it some algorithm marmite?. Because if they're doing it themselves it seems a lot of work for a worse result.

I wonder if it's to avoid having it taken down?

Postby Deewee

eraserhead wrote:Just catching up on the Ronnie match on youtube. When someone uploads it with the time between shots cut out, are they editing that themselves or is it some algorithm marmite?. Because if they're doing it themselves it seems a lot of work for a worse result.

I assume it's just edited manually. I like to watch them when I don't have time for a proper match

Postby Deewee

Iranu wrote:

I wonder if it's to avoid having it taken down?

Nah, I think it's a Thing of sorts, "short form" they call it. Some people prefer it

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:I wonder if it's to avoid having it taken down?

I've found another now that's got the whole match, but that was the first that came up. Can't be that hard for world snooker to find.

Postby eraserhead

Deewee wrote:Nah, I think it's a Thing of sorts, "short form" they call it. Some people prefer it

I understand the appeal of highlights but the amount of cutting just made it jarring to me.