Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Finals : Ryan Day v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby D4P

I watch all of Ronnie's matches on Youtube replays. The "Short Form" vids always appear first, then followed by the full matches. For events like the Masters, you can usually watch both the BBC and Eurosport versions. You can also usually find the preview/review/MSI/interview vids at Vimeo if they're not at Youtube.

It seems pretty rare for Ronnie videos to be taken down, though I always make a point of downloading them as soon as I can after they're put up just in case they disappear...
Last edited by D4P on 17 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Trimming still has it's risks though. It increases the chance that you will contract an STD.

I'm guessing that mostly applies to herpes?

Although I guess if you're making small cuts when you shave that it can apply to other STIs too.

If you trim it will increase the likelihood of contracting Herpes, mainly. The small cuts to the skin as a result of shaving will put you at risk of HPV.

Postby Andre147

Just came back today.

Sad to have to return but been a wonderful 4 days.

Will watch Ronnie's match later, but from what I gather Ryan could have easily made it 4-4 and then maybe who knows what can happen... Ronnie must have made a great clearance to win that frame.

Postby Ash147

Scooper wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Deewee wrote:Nah, I think it's a Thing of sorts, "short form" they call it. Some people prefer it

I understand the appeal of highlights but the amount of cutting just made it jarring to me.

Are we still talking about pubes?

pmsl

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:Just came back today.

Will watch Ronnie's match later, but from what I gather Ryan could have easily made it 4-4 and then maybe who knows what can happen... Ronnie must have made a great clearance to win that frame.

Did SF buy you a mars bar?

Postby D4P

The clearance itself wasn't overly challenging from a technical standpoint, but there was a lot of pressure at that point in the match and many players probably would have choked and not been able to clear up in that situation. It was a killer blow to Day, who really should have won the frame...

Postby eraserhead

Glad you enjoyed yourself. :-D

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:

Did SF buy you a mars bar?

No but he should! :no:

Just joking... he offered a beer but me and Dan don't drink.

It was very nice meeting them two. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:Sory not to have posted whilst I was there, but I barely had time to look at SI... I was just fully engrossed by the atmosphere of this great event.

<ok> We missed you man. Glad to hear you had a good time. Must be a great experience!

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Sory not to have posted whilst I was there, but I barely had time to look at SI... I was just fully engrossed by the atmosphere of this great event.

<ok> We missed you man. Glad to hear you had a good time. Must be a great experience!

It is!

Next year I plan to go to the Semis and Final, and maybe Friday with the last Quarter finals

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

It is!

Next year I plan to go to the Semis and Final, and maybe Friday with the last Quarter finals

<ok> Is it true you're going to Q school to be a ref?

Postby Iranu

You missed Cloud's triumphant return.

Postby SnookerFan

Reckon you'll do more live snooker?

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:Front Row Bryan must be as rich as an ant, with all the snooker he watches. He's there again.

Do you happen to know who the red-headed woman is that I see in the crowd at all of Ronnie's matches? She wears glasses, probably in her 30s-40s, often wears a blue shirt?

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Front Row Bryan must be as rich as an ant, with all the snooker he watches. He's there again.

Do you happen to know who the red-headed woman is that I see in the crowd at all of Ronnie's matches? She wears glasses, probably in her 30s-40s, often wears a blue shirt?

Stop perving red headed girls in the crowd. Wouldn't catch me doing that.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:
D4P wrote:

Stop perving red headed girls in the crowd. Wouldn't catch me doing that.

Heh. Not attracted to her, but I seem to notice her in the crowd at all of Ronnie's (UK) events and wondered if she's some kind of "superfan" or something...

Postby TheSaviour

That match was a pure rubbish. The lad (Ronnie) certainly does get from bad to worse, he learns absolutely nothing and has failed to gather the pace when he´s and was actually playing very well. There were a top break from Ronnie against Bingham but this show seemingly was just purely rubbish. Playing just to a certain standard just doesn´t ring the bell at all.

It is impossible to get the joke if there isn´t any. Then we all must go along with it with nothing to say. That´s what I have been trying to tell the people; try to finally to get the joke. But obviously you can´t get a joke when there isn´t any. So I have been wrong and sorry for that. Usually I hardly make any mistakes but now I have made. It is just that to some people even that fact hasn´t been "funny" enough. I mean trying to get the joke when there isn´t a one. But that just a purely physical problem, I am sure they do understand the mental aspects of it very well... I have been criticising the people of to pop in only to each time to discover that they eventually didn´t had anything to say. But can´t complain about that any more. At least it tells me they are interested. Which is a nice to discover lol. So I am now bored to beg the people to finally get the joke when there obviously isn´t a one. So that´s a good news, also. Some other good news also available. For example that the people just can´t claim anymore to be something. Well well they all have come through the boredom and the challenges of the childhood. Great. But we all have. Only the current children are the only ones who doesn´t posses that utter arrogance. As they are still struggling out there. So just put on that jacket or a shirt and do nothing else. That will sort out that arrogance (of their) problem. And luckily they can´t argue anymore that someone wouldn´t have any comprehension. Really glad that rubbish also is finally over now. But realistically, it is just too late the people to get rid of that utter arrogance of their. That jacket and a shirt business could work but it is also can once again fail. But at least I have now sign in to be a threat to children lol.

Glad Robertson is on action tonight. Going to watch that match. He´s the real magician. How well he did play against Mark Williams. That was simply superb whole body actions and a real show with some amazing tricks in order to make those red balls to disappear from the table.... A real showman and a magician of the snooker world, Neil Robertson. I don´t know what Barry should be eating or drinking to get better of him now...

But it is also the truth..... It is a bloody cold out there just to sit in and to wait..... Well well, put in a bit of an efforts to sort everything out.....