Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Barry Hawkins v Shaun Murphy

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Just packin my stuff for London. I'll be wearing my '2nd Referendum!' T Shirt on Thursday night.

Shall we keep having referenda until you get the result you want? Best of 3 perhaps?

Never knew that the plural of referendum was referenda.

Does that mean that one panda should be called a pandum?

Maybe.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Just packin my stuff for London. I'll be wearing my '2nd Referendum!' T Shirt on Thursday night.

Shall we keep having referenda until you get the result you want? Best of 3 perhaps?

The people were conned into this by spin and lies and misstruths. Everyone is a little wiser now as to the ramifications of exiting Europe. Whats wrong with another vote just to see if many change their minds?

Don’t give my that, that’s intellectually lazy. People knew what they were voting for. Don’t paint the picture of the British public being amazingly deceived, it’s not accurate.

The referendum happened, the result was to leave, and that’s it. Irrespective off whether or not people may have changed their minds.

That is silly Ash.

I really couldn't give a buck if we stay in or out. We'll be fine either way. But to say that we have to go ahead because once upon a time a majority voted for it just seems stupid. If more people want remain now, why not ask the question?

Postby Ash147

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

The people were conned into this by spin and lies and misstruths. Everyone is a little wiser now as to the ramifications of exiting Europe. Whats wrong with another vote just to see if many change their minds?

Don’t give my that, that’s intellectually lazy. People knew what they were voting for. Don’t paint the picture of the British public being amazingly deceived, it’s not accurate.

The referendum happened, the result was to leave, and that’s it. Irrespective off whether or not people may have changed their minds.

I have heard quite a few on radio saying they feel deceived. Lets see how it pans out. Im not overly bothered one way or the other to be honest.

I’ve heard a few people say they’d vote leave instead of remain now. It’s all irrelevant.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

That is silly Ash.

I really couldn't give a buck if we stay in or out. We'll be fine either way. But to say that we have to go ahead because once upon a time a majority voted for it just seems stupid. If more people want remain now, why not ask the question?

The vote was considered a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was a one off. Vote or don’t vote, it’s only happening once. That was the whole point of it.

It’s not going to happen anyway. The likelihood is we’ll be leaving with no deal, which is what we should have done from the start.

Postby Iranu

I think many who voted leave didn't bank on the government's complete and utter ineptitude in agreeing and negotiating a deal.

Not that I think it should necessarily happen (I go back and forth on whether as a democracy we ahould respect the vote, or whether as a democracy we should have the right to vote again now we know how it's been handled) but it would be interesting to see whether Leave would still get the majority.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:I think many who voted leave didn't bank on the government's complete and utter ineptitude in agreeing and negotiating a deal.

Not that I think it should necessarily happen (I go back and forth on whether as a democracy we ahould respect the vote, or whether as a democracy we should have the right to vote again now we know how it's been handled) but it would be interesting to see whether Leave would still get the majority.

The government, specifically May, have been awful at handling Brexit. The country needed someone who backed leave to take charge of this thing.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I think the other countries in Europe should get to vote on the Brexit now.

No. The UK is sovereign in its own decision making. Our government listens to its own citizens, not the citizens of other countries.

Of course. I was just joking.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I agree Iranu.

Another vote can do no harm that I can see.

It can do a lot of harm. You see the protests happening in France right now? That will be us if the politicians decide to offer another vote.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I think the other countries in Europe should get to vote on the Brexit now.

No. The UK is sovereign in its own decision making. Our government listens to its own citizens, not the citizens of other countries.

Good. I always thought you were more intelligent than that.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

I wouldn't go that far.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

I wouldn't go that far.

Toxic passive aggressive masculinity!

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7vBMO6-Mw0

Ban!

I don't think the mods would dare ban Sf.

There would be civil unrest.

At least the mods can ban each other now. Wildey couldn't do it to himself.

Don't tempt them. I want to see the end of this tournament.