Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Allen v Luca Brecel

Postby PLtheRef

eraserhead wrote:
OoNebsoO wrote:Eleven frames in a bit over two hours of play time, fastest best of 11 match ever?

Ronnie beat Walden in an hour in 2014.

Would be interesting to see if it was the shortest 6-5 in a best of 11 match.

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
OoNebsoO wrote:Eleven frames in a bit over two hours of play time, fastest best of 11 match ever?

If it wasnt it must have been close to it.

Postby Andy Sparky

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andy Sparky wrote:Just had to add my congratulations to Luca! Great stuff! I’m really hoping this is a prelude to a great year for him.

Andy is that you? Why the new account?

Yes, it’s me. All I know is I got drunk and woke up next to a different account... If anyone sees my old one then please let me know.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andy Sparky wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andy Sparky wrote:Just had to add my congratulations to Luca! Great stuff! I’m really hoping this is a prelude to a great year for him.

Yes, it’s me. All I know is I got drunk and woke up next to a different account... If anyone sees my old one then please let me know.

:chin:

Postby Iranu

Andy Sparky wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

rofl

Postby clm

Andre147 wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

People are still chatting in the final thread, so I hope it's still fine to post here.

Was reading Clive Everton's book "Simply the Best" and he says Hendry and Ronnie had a semi-final that went 6-5 and lasted 1 hour 47 minutes.

But! he also stated that Ronnie's 13-4 match with Tony Drago only took 2 hours 12 minutes, which is much shorter than the 2 hours 47 minutes wikipedia and fansites have it listed at.

Postby Andre147

clm wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

People are still chatting in the final thread, so I hope it's still fine to post here.

Was reading Clive Everton's book "Simply the Best" and he says Hendry and Ronnie had a semi-final that went 6-5 and lasted 1 hour 47 minutes.

But! he also stated that Ronnie's 13-4 match with Tony Drago only took 2 hours 12 minutes, which is much shorter than the 2 hours 47 minutes wikipedia and fansites have it listed at.

2 hours and 12 minutes for a Best of 25 is like 5 min per frame!

I always wanted to watch that match on Youtube but sadly they only have Drago's 144 break in that match.