Post a reply

Re: Championship League Snooker 2019 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:how much longer does this nonsense go on for it must end soon the german is next week?

It takes breaks.

Bear in mind, it started before The Masters.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:It's a pity Jimmy White never plays in this. The conditions are so much like they are in practice, he'd be my favourite to win it every year.

Must also surely be one of the reasons Judd Trump usually does so well in it.

He has to get higher up the rankings to get a ivite

Postby SnookerFan

Martin Gould overcame Barry Hawkins 3-2 to win Group Six at Championship League Snooker and make his way through to the Winners’ Group in March.

Finishing the group in third place, Gould beat Mark Davis 3-1 in the semi-finals before going 2-0 up against Hawkins in the final match. The Hawk battled back with runs of 80 and 63, but 2013 champion Gould took the match with telling breaks of 34 and 42 in the decider.

Londoner Gould said: “It’s nice to have won the group. I made five or six breaks over 70 in the first six frames I played today. I had a bit of a lull in the last group game but I felt good in the semis and the final.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/gould-strik ... group-six/

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:Will Barry Hearn make this a ranking event? :chin:

Yes he probably should. If someone is getting 32,000 ranking points for winning the Shootout, then I have no problem with them getting the small amount of ranking points on offer here. It takes more effort to win the Champonship Legaue than the Shootout.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:

Yes he probably should. If someone is getting 32,000 ranking points for winning the Shootout, then I have no problem with them getting the small amount of ranking points on offer here. It takes more effort to win the Champonship Legaue than the Shootout.

I kind of agree. This would be preferable to offering ranking points for the Shootout.

Though, in an ideal world, the Shootout wouldn't be ranking, and the Championship League wouldn't exist and there'd be a full ranking event in it's place.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

I kind of agree. This would be preferable to offering ranking points for the Shootout.

Though, in an ideal world, the Shootout wouldn't be ranking, and the Championship League wouldn't exist and there'd be a full ranking event in it's place.

I'm inclined to agree with that too.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:You can't give ranking points in a tournament where you earn more money through not winning.

Fair point.

They'd have to restructure it somehow.

Either way, it isn't going to happen.

Postby vodkadiet

Hawkins and Gilbert have withdrawn their labour from group 7. Hearn needs to up the prize if he wants keep the top players involved. It should still be a bonanza of snooker the next couple of days, particularly with Tom 'dazzler' Ford entering the fold.

Postby vodkadiet

Koninkaulus wrote:I see Gilbert withdrew in the end. Probably a smart thing to do.

Hawkins has also withdrawn for some reason.

His mum is writing him his absence note to give to the 'other Barry' right this minute!

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:I see Gilbert withdrew in the end. Probably a smart thing to do.

His mum is writing him his absence note to give to the 'other Barry' right this minute!

Mark Joyce's mum don't do that for him.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

For Hawkins?

Be weird if she did, to be fair.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

For Hawkins?

Be weird if she did, to be fair.

rofl

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:Higgins has been looking strong so far. Peaking at the right time for another good Crucible run?

I hope not. Anyway, there's no pressure whatsoever in this event.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Higgins has been looking strong so far. Peaking at the right time for another good Crucible run?

Hasnt Higgins won this twice in a row or something like that?

I wouldn't make much of it. BUT he does seem to have starting to play well at the right time... he admits he felt good at the Indian Open and at the Players knocked out Selby with a strong performance, only to be stopped by the eventual champion.

His game is slowly getting back, however this is just the CL.