Post a reply

Re: Championship League Snooker 2019 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Lisowski won Group 2, beating Luca in 27 minutes in the Final.

I think that beats the fastest Best of 3 match, Ronnie had it when he beat Fergal here in 30 odd minutes.

Is it best of 3 now?!

Sory Best of 5. He won 3-0.

Epic.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Lisowski won Group 2, beating Luca in 27 minutes in the Final.

I think that beats the fastest Best of 3 match, Ronnie had it when he beat Fergal here in 30 odd minutes.

Is it best of 3 now?!

Sory Best of 5. He won 3-0.

Epic.

Better than the China Championship final I heard

Postby The_Abbott

The Champions League makes me want to pull my teeth out, pull my hair out and gorge my eyeballs out with spoons. Preferably all at the same time.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:The Champions League makes me want to pull my teeth out, pull my hair out and gorge my eyeballs out with spoons. Preferably all at the same time.

Go for it.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:The Champions League makes me want to pull my teeth out, pull my hair out and gorge my eyeballs out with spoons. Preferably all at the same time.

Go for it.

juste did utr

cant see what I am tyoungs

Postby Dan-cat

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Go for it.

juste did utr

cant see what I am tyoungs

OUCH! Taxi for Abbott

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Who makes money from the CL?

Apart from the players obviously.

Betting companies obviously.

And Hearn.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Who makes money from the CL?

Apart from the players obviously.

Betting companies obviously.

And Hearn.

Thanks.

It just surprises me that anbody makes much at all out of this as it is not sponsored (I think) and I would hate to bet on it. Others must disagree.

Postby SnookerFan

There must be people betting on this, or it wouldn't exist.

Though I can't understand it either. I'm assuming the people who bet on this stuff don't necessarily know anything about snooker, and just see it being played on stream and have a bet. Seems silly to bet on a sport you know nothing about.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:There must be people betting on this, or it wouldn't exist.

Though I can't understand it either. I'm assuming the people who bet on this stuff don't necessarily know anything about snooker, and just see it being played on stream and have a bet. Seems silly to bet on a sport you know nothing about.

And CL is hard to predict a winner as the format is so short. So yeah, the people who do most likely arent die hard fans like us.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker Result @WSResults
(R): Championship League, Round Robin, Luca Brecel 0 (5) 3 Mark Selby

I hope this doesn't dent Luca's confidence for his game on Sunday. :gag:

Postby Deewee

HappyCamper wrote:How is qualification for this nonsense determined? Is it just whoever applies. And how are the groups determined?

Highest ranked players get to decide whether to play and which group they want to play in until every spot is filled.

Postby HappyCamper

Deewee wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:How is qualification for this nonsense determined? Is it just whoever applies. And how are the groups determined?

Highest ranked players get to decide whether to play and which group they want to play in until every spot is filled.

I see, makes sense I suppose. Muchas gracias!

Postby Deewee

Got tickets to the Tour Championship from Wednesday to Sunday :happy: expect sadly the final session . Not one of my wisest financial decisions to fly in for a week of snooker but hey-ho, two years without world class live snooker is long enough. Really excited for some long format matches! I'm going with a friend who I play snooker with whenever I visit my hometown. He's more of a casual fan, so hopefully his first live snooker experience converts him completely to the dark side

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:Got tickets to the Tour Championship from Wednesday to Sunday :happy: expect sadly the final session . Not one of my wisest financial decisions to fly in for a week of snooker but hey-ho, two years without world class live snooker is long enough. Really excited for some long format matches! I'm going with a friend who I play snooker with whenever I visit my hometown. He's more of a casual fan, so hopefully his first live snooker experience converts him completely to the dark side

In Llandudno?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Deewee wrote:Got tickets to the Tour Championship from Wednesday to Sunday :happy: expect sadly the final session . Not one of my wisest financial decisions to fly in for a week of snooker but hey-ho, two years without world class live snooker is long enough. Really excited for some long format matches! I'm going with a friend who I play snooker with whenever I visit my hometown. He's more of a casual fan, so hopefully his first live snooker experience converts him completely to the dark side

Impressive commitment :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Unbelievable Group with only 5 Matches to go nobody is eliminated and nobody mathematicly safe to make the play off.

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image

Group 5 21st and 22nd of January
Group 6 23rd and 24th of January
Group 7 11th and 12th of March
Winners Group 13th and 14th of March

Group 5 Players
Mark Selby
Barry Hawkins
Ali Carter
Luca Brecel
Stephen Maguire
Joe Perry
Anthony McGill

DRAW and GROUP TABLE

ORDER OF PLAY

Postby Deewee

SnookerFan wrote:

In Llandudno?

Yep. Beautiful place apparently