Post a reply

BetVictor Scotland Open Final !!!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 16th of December at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow, Scotland

It's down to the Final match of this Scottish Open, and first up we have Shaun Murphy, who after having an horrendus season, with many first round exits, and even opting to do some punditry work for BBC last week, is now into the Final, having defeated one of the form players of the season in Judd Trump.

He's up against Mark Allen, who cameback from 4-0 and 5-2 down against Daniel Wells, by far having his most consistent calendar year to date, with a Masters and International Championship titles, having also just reached the Final of the UK Championship last week and now into yet another one.

The head to head clearly favours Murphy in main tournament matches, so can he get his season going with an 8th ranking event title, or can Allen finish his already 2018 year on a high? All to play for over 17 frames.

Final

Shaun Murphy v Mark Allen

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: Murphy leads 12-6
Main Tournaments: Murphy leads 9-3
Multi-session matches:Murphy leads 1-0
Finals : First Final

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Scotland Open Final !!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Great start of the season for Allen with 3 finals and winning one hes not in the German Masters so this Final will be his last match of 2018.

Postby Andre147

Godot wrote:That H2H is pretty shocking. Mind, Allen had a poor record against Neil Robertson prior to the International final...

Very true. He's in the form of his life so can beat any player, even if the h2h favours his opponent.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Great start of the season for Allen with 3 finals and winning one hes not in the German Masters so this Final will be his last match of 2018.

It sounds like the German Masters field is gonna be a bit depleted, isn't it?

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
Godot wrote:That H2H is pretty shocking. Mind, Allen had a poor record against Neil Robertson prior to the International final...

Very true. He's in the form of his life so can beat any player, even if the h2h favours his opponent.

Let’s hope he didn’t get on the raz too much last night!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:When Alan came through his first match ‘I came here to win. I didn’t want to end the year on a loss’

He might not if he wins in the German Masters qualifiers.

Postby hendry_fan

I won,t see much,if any at all of this final LIVE,as my best mates coming for a visit. :wine: :drunk: :-D

Tough one to call,but i think Allen will win.

Postby Iranu

boris_the_butcher wrote:only 2 top 16 players not currently scheduled to play german masters, but they just happen to be the 2 best players of the season so far, Ron and Allen.

Didn't MJW say he wouldnt play either?

Postby eraserhead

Some interesting thoughts from Ronnie on Murphy. I disagree though, Smurphs happy go lucky attitude always comes across as fake to me.