Post a reply

BetVictor Scotland Open Quarter Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 16th of December at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow, Scotland

Sam Baird has reached his first ever Ranking quarter Final with a 4-3 win over Ali Carter who is yet to beat Sam Baird in 3 Matches.

Kyren Wilson lost a tight battle with Shaun Murphy and Alfie Burden sent the home croud home disapointed with his victory over John Higgins.

Its Crunch time in Glasgow will Trump Triumph or can Mark Allen get back in to the winner circle quickly after his disapointment in york last Weekend.

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Sam Baird v Shaun Murphy Tied at 2-2
Stuart Carrington v Judd Trump Trump leads 3-1
----------------------------------------------
Alfie Burden v Mark Allen Tied at 1-1
Ryan Day v Daniel Wells Day leads 3-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Scotland Open Quarter Finals !!

Postby HappyCamper

Pink Ball wrote:I think Sullivan is greater than Hendry. Discuss.

neither made it to the quater-fianls of the 2018 betvictor scottish open so they're both rubbish.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Day beat Ding. <doh>

Really thought Ding would reach far in this event, he seemed up for it and playing as well as I've seen for some time. Hope someone like Allen wins the title now.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Never trust Judd with an easy route.

He played really well last night so I expect a fuck-up today.

Carrington is the sort to frustrate him as well - he is not a fluent player.

Come on Judd

Agree with everything you said, but history tells us Judd is more likely to buck up a easy draw in a big event than a regular one like this Scot Open.

Postby Dan-cat

Come on Judd

Since his new increased practice he's been collapsing less though. Also he seems really smiley and happy in the interviews I've seen recently. A good sign.

Postby Dan-cat

TWITTER ATTACK

Ronnie O'Sullivan @ronnieo147 minutes ago
Going to be having a bit of fun in the @Eurosport_UK studio today in Glasgow. If you want certain snooker tips from myself and Jimmy or want either of us to create a specific shot let us know using the hashtag #homenations

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Probaly won't see much this weekend. Hoping I might see some of the final.

Aint seen much of the tournament anyway, to be fair.

Me either. Could have done with a week off after the UK. Burn out.

I've just had other stuff to do/watch this close to Christmas. Knowing that I won't be watching the quarter/semis and possibly the final also dampened my enthusiasm. If I won't be watching the end of a tournament, why go out of my way to watch the start?

If I'd have had more time, I'd have probably watched more. Though best of sevens don't help.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 14 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:

Come on Judd

Since his new increased practice he's been collapsing less though. Also he seems really smiley and happy in the interviews I've seen recently. A good sign.

Yes I detect signs of improvement but Judd rarely gives an easy ride.

Should wipe the floor with Carrington but......

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:The Home Nations are a bit cookie cutter. 4 identical tournaments really. Is this a complaint? Not really.

Doesn't really bother me that they are identical.

What bothers me is that there are too many best of seven matches involved in them. If the format was decent, then I'd have no problem it being repeated throughout the season.

I find the presentation of ITV tournaments to be more cookie cutter. They're all decorated the same, sponsored the same, have the same disco balls. It's hard to remember which one is which sometimes, especially when they rotate which tournament is held at which venue.