Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Scotland Open Quarter Finals !!

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:Blimey VD loving your positive posts :) Yeeaah I love Scotland. Edinburgh is one of my favourite places to party. Everyone so helpful and friendly.

Quite enjoying having Ronnie on the couch with us and letting the other players shine.

Yes Dan-Cat. Edinburgh is great. Love the city more than any other in Britain.

Daniel Wells must have been relieved to have got a walkover in the first round!

I like O'Sullivan's comments but Jimmy White needs replacing.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Wells was lucky Ronnie pulled out of this. And he's certainly making the most out of his opportunity.

And this is what a player like him needs to do if the draw opens up.

Most cant do it.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Wells was lucky Ronnie pulled out of this. And he's certainly making the most out of his opportunity.

Most cant do it.

Some beat him and then collapse in the next round. It knocks their concentration and adds pressure for the next match.

Wells didn't have to beat him. It was a get out of jail card.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Most cant do it.

Some beat him and then collapse in the next round. It knocks their concentration and adds pressure for the next match.

Yeah thats why I said the draw opened up massively for him.

Had he played ROS, he had about 1% chance of beating him.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Most cant do it.

I think for some players it takes all their mental energy to beat Ronnie which leaves them drained for the next round.

Postby hendry_fan

vodkadiet wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:The Scottish Open drew there short straw of all The home nations regarding the dates for this event.

The timing of the event is bad for 2 reasons. a) players need a rest after the UK; b) the weather in Glasgow at this time of year. It should be played in early October.

The weather in Glasgow is 11 months o the year like it is atm tbf. ;-) <laugh>

But,yeah,i can see where both your comments are coming from.

I actually went to Glasgow this year,the first time i,ve been there in years,i just went for a day out,sometime at the end of August,and the weather was decent,no rain,but to cold to walk around without wearin a jacket.

Intrestin city.very BIG. :-)

I really like Glasgow. I have never really minded cold weather. I love the Glaswegian accent and most the folks are great. There are a few exceptions, but overall Glasgow and the Glaswegians are worth enjoying on a regular basis,

The real reason i had,nt been to Glasgow for a long time,in fact,for many years,was due to me hearing that it was a very rough place.

I got into a conversation with a guy in a pub that i rarely go to and he told me he,s originaly from Glasgow,but he moved away many years ago,cause he got a new job.

I told him that it,s been donkeys years since i actually set foot in Glasgow,he wanted to know why,then i told him,cause i heard that it,s a very rough place,lots o muggings,stabbings,crime in general.

He then looked at me full of shock and said that it used to be like that,but it aint anymore,he said if you stay in the middle of the city,the city area itself,then you have nothin to fear,it,s <only> the outskirts of Glasgow that are still very rough.

He then said,the people from the city of Glasgow are in fact very freindly,helpful.

I smiled at him and said,ok,i,ll take your word for it,i,ll go sometime next week,i indeed ended up going about a week later and i was impressed. :-)

i have to say,since that day out,i have,nt been back since though,but i will pay Glasgow sometime next year another visit.

Edinburugh,i know much better,in fact,i don,t live far from there,i go about once a month,great city,love the castle,the shops,plenty of other things to see,the people are also very easy going/freindly. <ok>