Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Scotland Open Last 128 !!

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Why can't people say that Perry played well rather than focus on a negative like Judd bottling it.

Bit of a shame to have that outlook really.

Watch the match from 4:3 (for Judd) on. In frame 8 and 9 he was in prime position twice or thrice and still couldn't win the frames. Either because of missing a sitter or messing up a straight forward positional shot. Perry was the same.

And yes Perry did well in the last frame to win with a century but he should have never been in that position in the first place.

The point is. If Judd wants to be a serial and consistent winner he can't afford to lose to players like Perry at a major tournament.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Why can't people say that Perry played well rather than focus on a negative like Judd bottling it.

Watch the match from 4:3 (for Judd) on. In frame 8 and 9 he was in prime position at least thrice and still couldn't win the frames. Either because of missing a sitter or messing up a straight forward positional shot. Perry was the same.

And yes Perry did well in the last frame to win with a century but he should have never been in that position in the first place.

The point is. If Judd wants to be a serial and consistent winner he can't afford to lose to players like Perry at a major tournament.

Yeah - not a big thing TR.

Probably not a bottle job though was it. If he was a bottler, he would probably have bottled in the previous final which was quite tense and close. I think he can let his attention drift.

I know there ain't a lot of love for Judd but to call him a bottler is wrong IMO.

Certainly no offence intended.

Postby TheRocket

I didnt call him bottler in general. Just that he bottled the match against Perry. Ronnie and Higgins have bottled matches as well in the past so no big deal. But they have also won a lot more than Judd. And if Judd wants to win more he has to win those type of matches. Thats all I'm saying.

I don't hate Judd btw. In fact I like to watch him play. Even if he's not my favourite player.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:I didnt call him bottler in general. Just that he bottled the match against Perry. Ronnie and Higgins have bottled matches as well in the past so no big deal. But they have also won a lot more than Judd. And if Judd wants to win more he has to win those type of matches. Thats all I'm saying.

I don't hate Judd btw. In fact I like to watch him play. Even if he's not my favourite player.

Fair points.

As I said no offence intended, and I agree that Judd loses matches that he shouldn't given his ridiculous talent. You are generally very balanced (for a Ronnie fan ;-) ) and seem to appreciate good snooker whoever is playing.

:hatoff:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Watch the match from 4:3 (for Judd) on. In frame 8 and 9 he was in prime position at least thrice and still couldn't win the frames. Either because of missing a sitter or messing up a straight forward positional shot. Perry was the same.

Yeah - not a big thing TR.

Probably not a bottle job though was it. If he was a bottler, he would probably have bottled in the previous final which was quite tense and close. I think he can let his attention drift.

I know there ain't a lot of love for Judd but to call him a bottler is wrong IMO.

Certainly no offence intended.

Trump is not a bottler, except for when he meets Higgins. He wets himself then.
But apart from Higgo, he fancies his chances against anyone.

IMO his game has 3 major issues atm:
1. he doesn't have the best technique
2. his cueball control causes him problems from time to time
3. he can loose focus at times, especially against lesser players (from his viewpoint)

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:Trump is more scared of players he’s better than than those who’re better than him.

I think he’s said before that he really doesn’t like being the favourite in matches. He seems to do his best when he’s the underdog.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:Trump is more scared of players he’s better than than those who’re better than him.

I agree with that. I think he feels a sense of embarrassment when he loses to players without his talent. The Rory McLeod match was won that has probably stayed in his mind.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I agree with that. I think he feels a sense of embarrassment when he loses to players without his talent. The Rory McLeod match was won that has probably stayed in his mind.

That was a huge upset, one of the biggest ever at the Crucible. I think Judd would benefit from someone like Steve Peters, because so many of the things that hold him back are in his head.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

That was a huge upset, one of the biggest ever at the Crucible. I think Judd would benefit from someone like Steve Peters, because so many of the things that hold him back are in his head.

Agree totally.

A few grand spent on a mind coach would pay him back handsomely.

Dan-Cat should offer his services as he knows about all of that.

Postby TheRocket

When Oliver Lines beat Selby at the International Championship in 2014 they called him a big talent. But I think he's virtually done nothing since that match. Even his dad is playing at a much higher level.

Postby Andre147

When it comes to regular rankers, Trump is up there as one of the best.

However, the really big ones, not just TC events but other big chinese ones, he often loses and sometimes to players who aren't even at the top.

Like TR says, if he truly wants to challenge for these big events, he needs to stop losing to players like Perry.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:

I think he’s said before that he really doesn’t like being the favourite in matches. He seems to do his best when he’s the underdog.

Which isn't a great quality to have if he wants to be the best in the world...

Postby kolompar

tsurani wrote:Parris posted this pic on twitter the other day
caption was
It was fantastic to see my old friend Tony Drago today. He is looking really great after his serious illness. #snooker #cues

Also Hi everyone I am new here

:bowdown:
Welcome :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Which isn't a great quality to have if he wants to be the best in the world...

He should relish being favourite, like Ronnie or Selby often do. Not look over his shoulder.

Postby Iranu

Suggested improvement to that Burger King ad:

"We're gonna put 8 slices on."

"You want me to put 8 slices on?"

"Did I bucking stutter? Yes idiot, I want you to put 8 slices on. That's why I said 8. Moron."

Postby Iranu

Oli Lines has the hair that Kyren desperately wishes he could have.

Dreamier than Judd? Tough call man.

Tough call.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Agree totally.

A few grand spent on a mind coach would pay him back handsomely.

Dan-Cat should offer his services as he knows about all of that.

I have a feeling that Ronnie has Steve on an exclusivity contract I.e. he can’t help other snooker players.

Judd: here I am. I’m Steve Peters-lite. With a bit more rock’n’roll