Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Last 128 !!

Postby carayip

The Daniel Wells- Zhao Xintong match was apparently a very crazy one. Zhao was 1-4 down and then won 4 frames in a row to go 5-4 up. In the 10th frame, he potted match ball brown with only blue, pink and black left on the table and Wells needed a snooker at that point. But for some reason, Zhao then potted the blue so hard that it went out of the table which got Wells the penalty points needed. Wells then cleared the table and won the respotted black to make the match 5-5. Finally, Wells won the decider.

Postby Dan-cat

carayip wrote:The Daniel Wells- Zhao Xintong match was apparently a very crazy one. Zhao was 1-4 down and then won 4 frames in a row to go 5-4 up. In the 10th frame, he potted match ball brown with only blue, pink and black left on the table and Wells needed a snooker at that point. But for some reason, Zhao then potted the blue so hard that it went out of the table which got Wells the penalty points needed. Wells then cleared the table and won the respotted black to make the match 5-5. Finally, Wells won the decider.

Wtf!

Postby Andre147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Liang Wenbo losing from 5-1 up isn't remotely surprising.

Selby still hasn't won a match on BBC since the 2017 World Final.

BBC hoodoo :stir:

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:

He didn't play on BBC though

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

He didn't play on BBC though

Well I suppose you're right...

last year he lost in the 2nd round which is the first one to be televised.

But it's another tournament he won't be winning a match on BBC.

Postby Holden Chinaski

carayip wrote:The Daniel Wells- Zhao Xintong match was apparently a very crazy one. Zhao was 1-4 down and then won 4 frames in a row to go 5-4 up. In the 10th frame, he potted match ball brown with only blue, pink and black left on the table and Wells needed a snooker at that point. But for some reason, Zhao then potted the blue so hard that it went out of the table which got Wells the penalty points needed. Wells then cleared the table and won the respotted black to make the match 5-5. Finally, Wells won the decider.

:shock:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:Had a lovely night watching the snooker with my nine-year-old daughter. It's been a horrible few months, but I think simple nights like tonight remind me of what I'm fighting for. Sorry for the mushy post.

<ok>

Postby hendry_fan

Wow!,Woww!,Wowww!.

Very many congrats to James!.

He kicks out MARK SELBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :dizzy: :shock:

I did,nt see any of the match,in fact i only just saw the final score this morning.

I read he potted a crackin pink to win the match,so i was too curious to wait n see how cracking the pink was,Just a few mins ago i saw the indeed cracking pink. :cracker:

What a shot!. :clap: :bowdown:

I,ll bookmark that match and watch it on a rainy/snowy day.

I,m surprised Uncle Stephen did,nt make any comment about the match at all on his Twitter. :chin:

I,m very pleased for James,not just cause Stephens his uncle,i,m mainly happy for him,cause he,s a nice lad + he went through a terrible patch,where he was thinking about calling it a day.

Of course,everyone has bad spells,some have,m more than others,but i admire not just James,but other players in general who almost quit,but in the end,decided to keep going on.

Very well done James!,i think i,ll even pop up a bottle o red :wine: later. :party:

Even though i like Selby,i,m not disappointed he lost,ok,on one hand i am a wee bit,but on the other hand,it was James who beat him,so,that weakens the disappointent so to speak. :roll: :-D

Postby Andre147

Having now watched the first 4 frames, I must say this time Wild is half right...

Because in the first 2, Selby had more than enough chances to punish Cahill, and Cahill wasnt playing well himself, but Selby was missing them all over the place.

Frames 3 and 4 Cahill started scoring better and Selby had less chances.

So for me it could have easily ended 2-2 at the MSI and from there a different match alltogether.

But the most important frame was that 6th, had Selby potted the pink and gone 4-2 down Cahill was starting to look edgy.

Postby Wildey

Watching 1st frame of Selby v Cahill only 14 mins in selby has had 2 chances scored nothing not sure how that is suppose to mean keeping Selby out

Postby TheRocket

Cahills best frame was frame 3 when he made a very solid 70 break. The 4th frame was decent. Some good pots.

But thats it. Cahill didnt play anything special. Not even close.

I was very surprised about Selbys poor performance. He did look very strong recently. Robertson and ROS had to be in peak form to beat him.

Murphys loss wasnt a surprise. But this one came out of nowhere.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Cahills best frame was frame 3 when he made a very solid 70 break. The 4th frame was decent. Some good pots.

But thats it. Cahill didnt play anything special. Not even close.

I was very surprised about Selbys poor performance. He did look very strong recently. Robertson and ROS had to be in peak form to beat him.

Murphys loss wasnt a surprise. But this one came out of nowhere.

Yes nobody was expecting this... but fact is BBC tournaments for Selby since his 2017 WC triumph have been a nightmare.

4 tournaments, 1 second round loss, 3 first round losses.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Is now the wrong time to admit I only had half an eye on those first four frames?

Wild will crucify you!

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
Yes nobody was expecting this... but fact is BBC tournaments for Selby since his 2017 WC triumph have been a nightmare.

Yeah true. And its not just the BBC tournaments but the UK tournaments in general. He hasnt really done well in any of those ITV events and Home nation events either. 1,5 years now since hes last got to a final of a UK event. On the other hand hes had a lot of success in China.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yeah true. And its not just the BBC tournaments but the UK tournaments in general. He hasnt really done well in any of those ITV events and Home nation events either. 1,5 years now since hes last got to a final of a UK event. On the other hand hes had a lot of success in China.

Ding was the same until 2011...

Many sucess in the UK, and then turned to China.

Selby doing the same lol?

But seriously, I think he'll turn it around.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Is now the wrong time to admit I only had half an eye on those first four frames?

Wild will crucify you!

I Watched the first 4 frames and what i saw was nowhere near what i was lead to believe on here.

1st frame Selby had a chance to clear he cocked up a basic position from Black to reds on balk cushing. and 4th frame Balls spread all over the table and Selby made 10 i think some on here are commenting on what they half see i made a better commentator on this match without watching any.

Back to the drawing board guys Must try harder very embarrassing on your part.

Postby Andre147

Cahill was good in 2 frames, the rest of them Selby could have easily won them and end 6-2 for him.

And for what its worth, I believed people here, but having watched it my opinion is diferent.

So for once Wild is right lol...

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wild should be happy Cahill won. He's always going on about how he wants to see new talent instead of old guys.

I stand by my statement. Selby was far from his best but Cahill played some great snooker. His long potting was great and his safety was very good as well. In the first frames he played a fast game, probably because he knows Selby likes a slower pace. When Cahill came closer to the winning line he started to play a bit crap but the way he handled himself in the last frame and decided to go for that pink and potted it was very impressive.