Post a reply

BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 12th ~ Sunday 18th of October at The Waterfront Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Another impressive performance from Mark Selby sees him through to the last 16 of a Home Nations event for the very first time. Ronnie O'Sullivan and Selby are still on course for a Semi final meating in Belfast they havent played in tournament play for almost 2 years When Selby beat Ronnie 10-7 to win the UK Championship in 2016.

Also still in is Judd Trump, Ali Carter and Luca Brecel but Neil Robertson has gone.

Who will make it to the Quarter Finals and keep on track for the Alex Higgins Trophy?

DRAW

Last 16
Allister Carter v Eden Sharav Never played before
Li Hang v Peter Ebdon Li Hang leads 3-2
Judd Trump v Luca Brecel Trump leads 6-1
Ryan Day v Andrew Higginson Day leads 3-2
----------------------------------------
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Zhou Yuelong Never played before
Lu Ning v David Gilbert Gilbert leads 3-2
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Robbie Williams Tied at 1-1
Martin O'Donnell v Mark Selby Selby leads 3-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Last 16 !!

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:I've just sorted my train tickets for Preston.

Think that's everything sorted. Transport and accomodation sorted for York, Cardiff and Preston.

It has to be said, my train tickets to Preston were extortionate. They were triple the price for train tickets to York. Going from the same station, on the same train company.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:

Think that's everything sorted. Transport and accomodation sorted for York, Cardiff and Preston.

Read that as 'I've just snorted my train tickets...'

Is that Cockney slang for lines? Train tickets - Pickets - Picket Lines.

Postby Ronnie79

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Ah no

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:And that banana shot from yesterday... https://twitter.com/WorldSnooker/status ... 1624714252

He's the ace in the pack, the Juddernaut, and he plays naaaaaaaughty!!!

It would be fitting for him to win this tourney, since he's the player that resembles the great Alex Higgins the most. He hasn't got the best cueball control, just like Alex, but he can pot his way out of trouble and make some crazy shots.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:Trump is playing too well for Brecel. Another 4 zip hiding I'm afraid

Don't count your chickens just yet...

how many times we have seen this... plays great in the early rounds, then flops in the next...

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Hahaha no, there are plenty of rhymes for that, this aint one..

Postby Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:And that banana shot from yesterday... https://twitter.com/WorldSnooker/status ... 1624714252

He's the ace in the pack, the Juddernaut, and he plays naaaaaaaughty!!!

It would be fitting for him to win this tourney, since he's the player that resembles the great Alex Higgins the most. He hasn't got the best cueball control, just like Alex, but he can pot his way out of trouble and make some crazy shots.

I'd still love ROS to win it though, but I'm not so convinced he can atm. He must be very tired.

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Trump is playing too well for Brecel. Another 4 zip hiding I'm afraid

how many times we have seen this... plays great in the early rounds, then flops in the next...

I'm not counting anything. I'm just stating my opinion. I can't stand Trump and I hope he is beaten, but I can't see it tonight.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I'm not counting anything. I'm just stating my opinion. I can't stand Trump and I hope he is beaten, but I can't see it tonight.

Also dont really like Trump... but hopefully Luca can beat him.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:ROS interview this afternoon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tv4nyUL_7c

The first few minutes are irrelevant, he just he bables on about China. But at the end, he says he's playing for us Ronnetes. :hatoff: :-D :party:

rofl Gotta love how he talks... trying to immitate an Aussie at the beggining...

rofl

Postby Andre147

Yuelong is more than capable of beating ROS, unlike his other 3 opponents who seemed "scared" of his kamikaze attitute.

Yuelong certainly wont be phased by this.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Supprised Judd didn't play that pink faster.

Edit: Jimmy demonstrating why. :gag:

The faster you play it, it squares off the cushion and you cant get the angle required.