Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Last 16 !!

Postby Andre147

That match was the best I've seen Day play.

Sadly for him those dont come everyday. But Trump is playing superb so Day will need that sort of form again.

Postby Andre147

ROS and Selby once again one match away from a meeting between the two.

Let's see if both can win their matches. The last 2 years this has happened one of them didn't. I remember Shanghai last year.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie-Ebdon final please. Back to the 90's and early 00's. Nostalgia.

Edit: I take it back. Because they play for the Alex Higgins trophy Ronnie-Judd would be the ideal final.
Last edited by TheRocket on 15 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:That match was the best I've seen Day play.

Sadly for him those dont come everyday. But Trump is playing superb so Day will need that sort of form again.

Yeah - haven't seen Trump look this good for a while, but not holding my breath as he disappoints so frequently.

He is a real draw for fans and if he can sustain his form for a while has the potential to dominate events.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:In case people don't know he has a form of it maybe I'm wrong but he has not developed as a player for me. He is not a tournament contender at all.

I did not know he was Autistic.
Where did you learn that?

I think Ronnie79 is right

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:In case people don't know he has a form of it maybe I'm wrong but he has not developed as a player for me. He is not a tournament contender at all.

Could well be but never seen anything about it.

Great if he is as that would be a superb example of how autism can have positive attributes. I know it is a difficult challenge for many people, but I have seen in some cases it's symptoms have profound positive outcomes.

Ronnie79 - can you point me in the direction?

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Great if he is as that would be a superb example of how autism can have positive attributes. I know it is a difficult challenge for many people, but I have seen in some cases it's symptoms have profound positive outcomes.

I know Monique mentioned it a few times years ago.

I feel like I've read it elsewhere too but can't think where. It's not on his Wiki.

Also, holy rubbish he's still only 23. Feels like he's been around for ages.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ronnie79 wrote:I read it when he turned pro tbh maybe on Snooker Scene or somewhere like that, I thought it might be harsh to mention it but thought people may understand a bit better.

No man - not harsh at all. I appreciate knowing that and it kind of fits.

Cheers :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I found this article on a blog that lists famous people that are autistic and Luca is on the list. Not sure how reliable it is though.

https://propelsteps.wordpress.com/2015/ ... ad-autism/

Postby Andre147

Luca is indeed autistic.

Many years ago I saw an inteview with his father confirming this. I'm also proud to say I was one of the very first to have seen Luca and his potencial... when he played in my country in 2009 at the Word Series of Snooker Grand Finals... back then he was only 13 and you could see how much potencial he had.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Yes, when Luca was younger his autism was mentioned a lot in articles and interviews. These days it doesn't get talked about anymore. I guess Luca doesn't want to talk about it and likes to be treated like any other person. Only guessing of course. He's ony slightly autistic, he's not rain man...

Postby rekoons

i remember before he turned pro people saying this could benefit him because in his particular case it meant he wouldn't be fazed or distracted as easily by off table things going on when playing because he would naturally be focussed so much on one task...

or so i read...

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Yes, when Luca was younger his autism was mentioned a lot in articles and interviews. These days it doesn't get talked about anymore. I guess Luca doesn't want to talk about it and likes to be treated like any other person. Only guessing of course. He's ony slightly autistic, he's not rain man...

Autism has such a wide perimeters. It can be so mild, that a person is an adult before it's diagnosed. Or it can be severe, that a person can barely function.

Obviously, Luca would be on the mild/barely noticeable end.

But, who knows what affect it has on his career?