Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Last 64 !

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Excellent win from Judd. Sets him up nicely to crash out with a whimper in the next round as per usual.

rofl rofl rofl was thinking the same.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Excellent win from Judd. Sets him up nicely to crash out with a whimper in the next round as per usual.

rofl rofl rofl was thinking the same.

Well theres any chance he might lose to Lisowski isnt it?

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If there's one department ROS has declined a little bit its the cuepower imo. I think he had a lot more cuepower in the early 00's.

Yeah he has but slightly.

I think he's declined in splitting the packs. He's not good at he was before in that department. You require some luck of course but it's also skill, knowing what red to hit, the pace etc he's still good but not brilliant as he once was.

I agree with that and you could argue it has something to do with cuepower as well. Not when you try to split the pack from the blue obviously. But when you're on a half ball black and then go into the pack of reds. And have to play a screw shot to not get stuck.

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp4XyjeUwP8&t=23m10s

And this is from the 2001 World Championship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYkjOF41Rl0
You could see how much cuepower he had. Not sure if he could play that shot today.

That 2001 shot is something ROS could not do today, and cloths are even faster than back then.

Good thing for him is he doesnt that type of shot.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Haha love that they got Judd to recreate his banana shot. Jimmy had about 6 goes. Judd needed 2

Watch my previous post

What country are you from JB?

Brazil

Anyway, I'm off to bed, I need to go to work tomorrow....I'm working double shifts

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Haha love that they got Judd to recreate his banana shot. Jimmy had about 6 goes. Judd needed 2

Watch my previous post

What country are you from JB?

Brazil

Anyway, I'm off to bed, I need to go to work tomorrow

:wave:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Jack in a decider that should never have been.

He has greatness in the bones, but as yet not in the head. This match should be over. If he is to lose this match it is no measure of his ability on the table, but rather his lack of acumen in the tactical department.

A shame if his talent does not play out to it's full potential.

Postby eraserhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jack in a decider that should never have been.

He has greatness in the bones, but as yet not in the head. This match should be over. If he is to lose this match it is no measure of his ability on the table, but rather his lack of acumen in the tactical department.

A shame if his talent does not play out to it's full potential.

Bad frame to lose going into the decider. rubbish positional play on the colours.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Jack made it by the slimmest of margins and with the fattest feast of fortune. He chances his arm too often and against a more incisive player would have lost.

A rare gem survives the killing fields of flat 128s, but a gem that might yet remain unpolished.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If there's one department ROS has declined a little bit its the cuepower imo. I think he had a lot more cuepower in the early 00's.

Yeah he has but slightly.

I think he's declined in splitting the packs. He's not good at he was before in that department. You require some luck of course but it's also skill, knowing what red to hit, the pace etc he's still good but not brilliant as he once was.

I agree with that and you could argue it has something to do with cuepower as well. Not when you try to split the pack from the blue obviously. But when you're on a half ball black and then go into the pack of reds. And have to play a screw shot to not get stuck.

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp4XyjeUwP8&t=23m10s

And this is from the 2001 World Championship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYkjOF41Rl0
You could see how much cuepower he had. Not sure if he could play that shot today.

That 2001 shot is something ROS could not do today, and cloths are even faster than back then.

Good thing for him is he doesnt that type of shot.

Today he plays much within himself thoes shots are to please the crowds Judd Plays them today and comes unstuck with it.

Ronnie today plays the percentages much more than he used to and some of thoes shots were high tariff shots.