Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Last 64 !

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:I am skeptical of SightRight, but is it a coincidence that Ronnie’s long potting has been more consistent since he started using it?

Not really.

Since 2012 his long potting has been great.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I am skeptical of SightRight, but is it a coincidence that Ronnie’s long potting has been more consistent since he started using it?

Not really.

Since 2012 his long potting has been great.

Indeed.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:If there's one department ROS has declined a little bit its the cuepower imo. I think he had a lot more cuepower in the early 00's.

Yes he had. He cant screw balls the lenght of the table like a Trump or Robbo does.

But he doesnt need to.

Postby Erza Scarlet

TheRocket wrote:If there's one department ROS has declined a little bit its the cuepower imo. I think he had a lot more cuepower in the early 00's.

Yeah he has but slightly.

I think he's declined in splitting the packs. He's not good at he was before in that department. You require some luck of course but it's also skill, knowing what red to hit, the pace etc he's still good but not brilliant as he once was.

Postby TheRocket

Erza Scarlet wrote:

Yeah he has but slightly.

I think he's declined in splitting the packs. He's not good at he was before in that department. You require some luck of course but it's also skill, knowing what red to hit, the pace etc he's still good but not brilliant as he once was.

I agree with that and you could argue it has something to do with cuepower as well. Not when you try to split the pack from the blue obviously. But when you're on a half ball black and then go into the pack of reds. And have to play a screw shot to not get stuck.

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp4XyjeUwP8&t=23m10s

And this is from the 2001 World Championship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYkjOF41Rl0
You could see how much cuepower he had. Not sure if he could play that shot today.
Last edited by TheRocket on 14 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

There was a period a couple of years back when Ronnie couldn't split the pack to save his life. The last season and a bit I think it's been great though.