Topic locked

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Final :O'Sullivan v Wilson

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Can we not just all chill out?

Does there have to be a massive forum argument every time there's a snooker final?

No because it needs bucking saying ive had a gutfull of this rubbish for well over 10 bucking years and im sick of it

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I thought the crowd were trying to console Kyren when he said he was rubbish today by trying to say he wasn't bad at all. I dont think they were being disrespectful to him at all.

I'm glad someone else said this because that's what I thought as well.

I thought they were showing their disagreement with Kyren as if to say not to be so hard on himself.

Exactly. I'm surprised your the only one who thought the same as me on that. Doubt it very much the crowd were abusing him. It was the complete opposite. Thats what it felt like to me. Think Ronnie and 90% on here took it up wrong to be honest.

I will listen back and analyse the crowd's reaction. I thought that's what the noise was also - a show of good will towards Kyren as if to say well done lad for putting up a fight, we like you, and we will watch with interest how your career develops even though you do look like an extra from Pirates of the Caribbean Part 5 or whatever one we are on now.

I have finely-tuned social acuity. Having said that I am mr positive.

Postby Chalk McHugh

LC wrote:Sounded to me like the crowd were disagreeing with Wilson’s assessment that he’d been rubbish all day, trying to make him feel better, no malice intended

That makes three posters who felt the crowd were being the opposite of disrespectful. I never thought it any other way.

Postby Wildey

Chalk McHugh wrote:
LC wrote:Sounded to me like the crowd were disagreeing with Wilson’s assessment that he’d been rubbish all day, trying to make him feel better, no malice intended

That makes three posters who felt the crowd were being the opposite of disrespectful. I never thought it any other way.

With Respect all that thought have actually come from fans of Ronnie more than likely some of you was actually in the audience now defending your actions.

Ronnie himself has class and he knew what he heard in there

Postby Chalk McHugh

Wildey wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

With Respect all that thought have actually come from fans of Ronnie more than likely some of you was actually in the audience now defending your actions.

Can only speak for myself. I'm a Ronnie fan and that's the way i read it. I would be shocked if that large amount of people were kicking a man when he was down just because he said he played poorly.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:With Respect all that thought have actually come from fans of Ronnie more than likely some of you was actually in the audience now defending your actions.

Maybe... it was a bit of both? people with different opinions like on here. Opinions are like ******* we've all got one

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Can we not just all chill out?

Does there have to be a massive forum argument every time there's a snooker final?

No because it needs bucking saying ive had a gutfull of this rubbish for well over 10 bucking years and im sick of it

You were sick of it last time, Wild and asked to be banned.

Let's just enjoy this as a place to watch snooker. No need to take it so seriously.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Very dissapointed in Wild's posts.

A couple of idiots shout something and all of a sudden all Ronnie fans are idiots again... THose idiots are in the minority. Most Ronnie fans are just snooker fans who like the best player there is.

Are Hendry and Clive idiots too? Cause they are two of the biggest Ronnie fans out there. Ronnie doesn't like the idiot Ronnie fans, and most other Ronnie fans don't like the idiot Ronnie fans either. But guess what? If you have hundreds of fans, some of them will be idiots...

Ronnie was very respectful in his speech, you would think Wild would focus on that... but no, let's focus on a couple of idiots in the crowd.

I Said some jesus christ why do people constantly put words in my bucking mouth so frustrating.

i defy anyone to say some of his fans are not the Worst kind esra proves that with that ridicilous post

I thought Esra’s post was rubbish. But Selby fans are trumpers too.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:With Respect all that thought have actually come from fans of Ronnie more than likely some of you was actually in the audience now defending your actions.

Maybe... it was a bit of both? people with different opinions like on here. Opinions are like ******* we've all got one

That why i say some however through paranoia or what ever you call it some sees some as ALL <doh>

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Listened back. It does sound a bit negative. I'm conflicted. However a few seconds later there is a huge warm cheer for him. The cheer for Ronnie was only marginally greater.

He had fans there that actually wanted him to win SHOCK HORROR other players do actually have suport BUT when he said he played rubish throughout the match he was acurate and honest as was pointed out by Ronnie but some in the audience were being hammers and now i have a poster on here saying Kyren infact had no right to say he was playing rubbish jesus christ ofcourse he had a right to say it ffs

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Something and nothing.

Kyren did not play as well as we would have liked.
He then told the truth - was he supposed to say he played superbly??
Some people may have booed which would qualify them as hammers.
If not then no problem.

:bs:

Postby Erza Scarlet

Wildey wrote:He had fans there that actually wanted him to win SHOCK HORROR other players do actually have suport BUT when he said he played rubish throughout the match he was acurate and honest as was pointed out by Ronnie but some in the audience were being hammers and now i have a poster on here saying Kyren infact had no right to say he was playing rubbish jesus christ ofcourse he had a right to say it ffs

Stay mad. Keep frothing like a child through your computer screen.

I said it's wrong to say he played rubbish for the WHOLE match, and this isn't the first time he's said he's played rubbish against O'Sullivan either. He said this at the English Open and the Shanghai Masters. Surprise, surprise, the only 3 big, multi-session losses he's had against Ronnie. To say he played rubbish for the WHOLE match is disingenuous, that's like me saying Ronnie played rubbish for the entire final - which is flat out wrong. He played rubbish at times and played brilliantly at times.

Also, Kyren being honest is subjective. YOU think he was being honest. Don't think what YOU think applies to the rest of the Snooker fans, hence the reaction of the fans.

Postby Johnny Bravo

I'll go and watch the interviews again myself.
Kyren said that he played rubbish throughout, so there is a high probability that some people in the crowd thought he was implying in a way that's the reason Ronnie beat him, thus devaluating Ronnie. So maybe that's the reason some boowed him.
The thing is both played rubbish at times and both showed flashes of brilliance.
In the end Ronnie's win was a matter of the fact that his rubbish was better than Kyren's rubbish.
Both had some good run of the ball and both were unlucky at times.