Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Group 4 !!

Postby Andre147

So ROS could play Higgins if he wins.

I like this tournament, and would watch it with or without ROS, but for me I dont care much about his performances here anymore...

He's already won this twice, and reached 2 other finals. Being a non-ranker means its just a good build up for important tournaments ahead.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:So ROS could play Higgins if he wins.

I like this tournament, and would watch it with or without ROS, but for me I dont care much about his performances here anymore...

He's already won this twice, and reached 2 other finals. Being a non-ranker means its just a good build up for important tournaments ahead.

Agree with the general sentiments of this post, but I would still be gutted if he lost to Higgins yet again, and moreso if he plays like a mong which he tends to do against John.

Postby Wildey

I Think Ronnie is at the stage of his career he just wants to do enough in Rankers these are the events he really wants to play in.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:I Think Ronnie is at the stage of his career he just wants to do enough in Rankers these are the events he really wants to play in.

But he has said one of his goals is to beat Hendry's 36 rankers. And he certainly can do it and probably will.

That and winning at least one more TC event to go above 18 are his last major goals in Snooker. Winning a world title in his 40s too, but the first 2 are definately the ones he aims for.

But yes, he loves events like these when only the best come in, no numpties as he calls them.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Day will beat Higgins

It will be Bingham v Day lol...

What would surprise people more? Bingham beating ROS or Day beating Higgins?

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Can’t see Higgins beating many top 16 players over 7 frames at the moment

Yes he's more vulnerable than ROS over 7 frames I agree.

But having said all this he might win the match and be inspired by the fact he could play Ronnie. We know that usually inspires him to play his best.

Postby TheSaviour

I see both of these opening matches as a toss of a coins. Obviously slightly need to favour Ronnie, and obviously would make him as a comprehensive favourite if it would best of 11. But the best of 9 against Stuart Bingham looks quite even. If Ronnie gets through can´t see him losing that group final.

Shaun started very strongly, and I predict Mark Williams also will be playing very well this time. Now would still assume Ronnie could start even more strong than what Shaun did. But will it be enough against Stuart Bingham, not so obvious.

The future is all that matters. No matter how well it may have previously gone. But still they try to get better and better. I don´t know if there will be any inspired snooker or not, the life is full of troubles, and I mean that almost everyone´s life. But the future is all that matters. So could be that the luck will favour the most brave one..

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:I see both of these opening matches as a toss of a coins. Obviously slightly need to favour Ronnie, and obviously would make him as a comprehensive favourite if it would best of 11. But the best of 9 against Stuart Bingham looks quite even. If Ronnie gets through can´t see him losing that group final.

Shaun started very strongly, and I predict Mark Williams also will be playing very well this time. Now would still assume Ronnie could start even more strong than what Shaun did. But will it be enough against Stuart Bingham, not so obvious.

The future is all that matters. No matter how well it may have previously gone. But still they try to get better and better. I don´t know if there will be any inspired snooker or not, the life is full of troubles, and I mean that almost everyone´s life. But the future is all that matters. So could be that the luck will favour the most brave one..

Ronnie isn't playing a best of nine against Bingham. Or anybody. It's best of seven, then best of eleven.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:What happened to DECLINE, did it get RUSTY?!

Because we only invented the Rusty gag yesterday. To send up the ITV analysis that Ding must be playing badly due to being rusty. Lazy analysis, really. Suggesting that the only reason a person might be out of form, is due to them not playing often. (Especially when Ding played several games last week.)

Dan-cat wrote:WHY CAN'T THEY DO GROUP 2 ON DAY TWO!! Argh.

Annoys me every year, that.

For the same reason they're called groups when they aren't groups, I guess. <laugh>

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Who reads this horse manure?

Don't know, the other day I deleted three of his paragraphs. It was going on about communists though.

Maybe i was a bit harsh with the guy. I got up with a splitting headache but i can safely say after reading one or two of the saviours posts when i first came on here my head was so bamboozled i chose to not go there again. And i've stuck to that principle.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Im off to visit my folks for few days so will watch some snooker with them. Both love Ronnie. Especially my mother. Can't wait to be spoiled with some good, wholesome tucker.