Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Group 2 !!

Postby SnookerFan

Hearn be peddling his old nonsense again, has he?

I agree, much though he's done for the game, some of the stuff he says is questionable at best. I agree, Hendry could speak up a bit. It doesn't seem to bother him at other times.

But I guess, nobody wants to snake hiss off the guy who kept snooker alive when it needed it.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Hearn be peddling his old nonsense again, has he?

I agree, much though he's done for the game, some of the stuff he says is questionable at best. I agree, Hendry could speak up a bit. It doesn't seem to bother him at other times.

But I guess, nobody wants to snake hiss off the guy who kept snooker alive when it needed it.

Keeping Snooker alive doesn't mean he can't be criticised... and there's some things he just speaks nonsense.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Well done Selby :hatoff:

It’s not the most important thing but hopefully the 147th gets made in a proper tournament and not the championship league.

Imagine Ronnie doing it... would be fitting wouldn't it..

Ronnie would probably deliberately get a 146, when on for the 147th 147.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

Keeping Snooker alive doesn't mean he can't be criticised... and there's some things he just speaks nonsense.

I agree. And a lot of what Hearn says is demonstrably nonsense. I just guess a lot of people see as him immune to criticism because of who he is. (Which he's not.) Maybe they're all a bit worried about biting the hand that feeds them. ITV don't want to lose the rights to TV tournaments because they snake hissed off 'the boss' etc.

I do think it's be good if somebody called him on his BS, though. I sometimes worry Hearn believes some of this stuff he claims.

Postby TheRocket

Deewee wrote:
TheRocket wrote:massive choke from Robertson.

How is that a choke?

It was a golden chance to make it 3:2 (on the final black) for Robertson which would have been a body blow to his opponent but he didn't take his chance. Choke was probably too harsh though I gotta admit.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
Deewee wrote:
TheRocket wrote:massive choke from Robertson.

How is that a choke?

It was a golden chance to make it 3:2 (on the final black) for Robertson which would have been a body blow to his opponent but he didn't take his chance. Choke was probably too harsh though I gotta admit.

Choke was the wrong word. I would've used 'bottlejob' instead.

Postby Dan-cat

You are all so cynical and ready to bash him. Tall poppy syndrome and you are suckers for it.

I'd like to see any of you do 1% of what he's done.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:You are all so cynical and ready to bash him. Tall poppy syndrome and you are suckers for it.

I'm not disagreeing with this either. I did point what Hearn has done for the game.

But, you must confess he does give it a bit of the old gob on occasion.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:You are all so cynical and ready to bash him. Tall poppy syndrome and you are suckers for it.

I'm not disagreeing with this either. I did point what Hearn has done for the game.

Of course, he's the king of the big talk.

'They are even building a replica of the Crucible in China'

Yes Barry. Course they are. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:

You are all so cynical and ready to bash him. Tall poppy syndrome and you are suckers for it.

He deserves Bashing sometimes complacency cocked up the sport in the first place and i fear he is getting a tad complacent to say the least

Postby TheRocket

The once rare match has become a great rivalry. They're very evenly matched.

Robertson though must be very confident now playing against Selby. He's beaten him twice within a very short space and Selby played quite well in both matches. Especially in China. But Selby is mentally tough. He'll try to put that right the next time.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Is that not true?

I actually believed that. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:The once rare match has become a great rivalry. They're very evenly matched.

Robertson though must be very confident now playing against Selby. He's beaten him twice within a very short space and Selby played quite well in both matches. Especially in China. But Selby is mentally tough. He'll try to put that right the next time.

ONCE RARE!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Is that not true?

I actually believed that. rofl

Me too for about 5 years!

Postby SteveJJ

According to Jill, Robertson's already through to the semi final so the next match might be a bit pointless.

She isn't showing any signs of improving as a snooker presenter is she?

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:

Pretty silly thing to say.

Doing great things for the game and speaking nonsense are not mutually exclusive.

Exhibit A: