Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Group 1 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:Getting to the business end. Time to turn off Breath of the Wild (no relation to our Wild) and focus on the match.

Great game. I'm probably the only one on here who fully understood this post.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Getting to the business end. Time to turn off Breath of the Wild (no relation to our Wild) and focus on the match.

Great game. I'm probably the only one on here who fully understood this post.

Haha. It is! I've sunk like 100 hours into it and haven't even beat Ganon yet because I keep getting sucked into side quests and shrine hunting and cooking.

I reckon I've spent a good 30 hours just cooking.

(Which is probably more than I've spent cooking in my real life)

Postby Alex0paul

Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Everyone wearing the poppy. It's really caught on.

They wear it every year.

Always around this time of year too

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:

They wear it every year.

I dont ever remember so many tv and sports pundits wearing it. Only in recent years.

Postby Iranu

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

They wear it every year.

I dont ever remember so many tv and sports pundits wearing it. Only in recent years.

No it's been done for as long as I can remember.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

They wear it every year.

It's been turned into a political weapon, sadly. Those who choose not to wear it get absolutely lambasted in the media over here.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

They wear it every year.

It's been turned into a political weapon, sadly. Those who choose not to wear it get absolutely lambasted in the media over here.

Absolutely. Its gone to the stage where if you dont wear it you look out of place. Its way over the top imo.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

They wear it every year.

No it's been done for as long as I can remember.

Not to the levels we see today and the last few years. It was never as evidant before. Nowhere near.

Postby Iranu

Disagree. It's been the same in my opinion.

Might be a bit more this year because it's 100 years since the end of WWI so there'll be more exposure I guess.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:Disagree. It's been the same in my opinion.

Might be a bit more this year because it's 100 years since the end of WWI so there'll be more exposure I guess.

There has been numerous pieces and articles written over the last few years about the widespread wearing of the poppy in recent years. Not to mention radio shows over here. It's certainly not the same as it always was. It's gone off the richter scale completely.

Thousands of Irish men fought and died for Britain in the war. We dont wear the poppy over here.

Postby Chalk McHugh

By the way, i've nothing against people wearing the poppy. What i have an issue with is people being pressurised to wear it for fear of a backlash and that's especially true for any public speakers on tv or sports people. If you dont wear it now it's more trouble than it's worth. It's gone ridiculous.

Postby SnookerFan

Look at James Mcclean, (The footballer.) He refuses to wear poppies, due to the actions in Derry in the 1970s. That's fair enough, in my opinion. But he gets blasted by the press for it.

The people who risked their lives in the war for our freedom. That includes freedom for how to remember the wars.

Postby Chalk McHugh

I must say that James McLean is my least favourite Irish footballer. I dont like him at all but on this issue i'm with him 100%. I see Nemanja Matic (Serbia and Man Utd foitballer) has also chose not to wear the poppy. It shouldn't be a big deal at all but it makes the headlines of BBC Sport and other outlets.

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:By the way, i've nothing against people wearing the poppy. What i have an issue with is people being pressurised to wear it for fear of a backlash and that's especially true for any public speakers on tv or sports people. If you dont wear it now it's more trouble than it's worth. It's gone ridiculous.

I had a meeting on Friday eve and the other three people were all wearing poppies. I was wearing a red t-shirt and said that was my effort