Post a reply

BetVictor English Open Final-Mark Davis v Stuart Bingham

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th ~ Sunday 21st of October at The K2, Crawley

Well Stuart Bingham reached his first Ranking Final 15 years after Turning Pro in 2011 and he won beating Mark Williams 9-8 in the Australian Open.

Mark Davis has surpassed all that at the age of 46 and 27 years after he turned proffesional becomes the oldest World Ranking Final debutant since Rex Williams at 53 years of age in the 1986 Rothmans Grand Prix.

Can he win the Title?

DRAW

Mark Davis v Stuart Bingham

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Davis leads 13-11
Main Tournaments 6-6
Multi Session Matches Bingham leads 2-0
Finals Bingham leads 1-0 (Championship League)

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor English Open Final-Mark Davis v Stuart Bingham

Postby TheSaviour

One thing Stuart Bingham is not lacking is the killer instincts amongs the balls. I watched that Mags vs Bingo yesterday, and Stuart was right bang on it straight away when needed to cannon the problem balls! And he got those almost all of those cannons absolutely spot on. I haven´t been noticing any other would have a killer instinct like that. To me he even looks quite scarely. His safety was top notch, missed a few easy balls among the balls but Stephen also did that, so no surprise at all when Stuart sailed through. Maguire´s break-building ideas were really, really great and top-notch as he was really carefull to round up the cue ball really surely and with a millimetres to spare. I thought Stephen lost the match when he missed a few sitters and his safety was rather poor.

But couldn´t had thinking that it could had been Judd Trump or Mark Selby, for example, also to play the standards they did. Or perhaps even better. Always just a matter of form, confidence, momentums, motivation, freshness and so on. Stuart Bingham looked quite BAD but he has that magic killer instincts also.. And so a very well deserved semi-final victory to him. He certainly fits the bill of producing that magic-snooker everyone are always expecting to see and to wittnes. To bang the problem balls immeaditely with a first shot when getting in to even make that 40 frame winning brake. Solid enough also when it matters for sure also.

But can Mark Davis outplay him too as he obviously outplayed Ronnie O´Sullivan quite nasty? Mark Davis´ certainly calmer lad, and that can be the key to be able to outplay Stuart Bingham.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hopefully all the Ronnie fans will still be posting and supporting their favourite player in the final.

That doesnt make any sense does it? My favourite player lost yesterday.

However, I want Mavis to win the title like Hamilton and King did.

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:
kolompar wrote:Am I right this is a record for average age of the finalists?

What was The Crucible finalist average age?

Something like 43 and a month. This one's over 44. I think this even beats the 1975 World final between Reardon and Charlton.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hopefully all the Ronnie fans will still be posting and supporting their favourite player in the final.

That doesnt make any sense does it? My favourite player lost yesterday.

However, I want Mavis to win the title like Hamilton and King did.

He's being passive-aggressive again...