Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Semi Finals !

Postby Andre147

No excuses from me.

Davis superb and ROS very poor.

Good luck to Davis for the final. Hope he can follow Hamilton and King.

Postby kolompar

I don't really care about yesterday's cheating but will hate Ronnie for losing this match. Mavis reaching a final would be a disaster anyway and against Bingham is the worst possible final I could think of.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

kolompar wrote:I don't really care about yesterday's cheating but will hate Ronnie for losing this match. Mavis reaching a final would be a disaster anyway and against Bingham is the worst possible final I could think of.

Seems like you took the defeat in good spirits no?

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ronnie rubbish or Mark good?

Both. ROS pot success was in the 70's. Davis scored really well though. 6:1 a very fair result in the end.

Hope Davis can go on and win his first ranker. I make Bingham favourite because of his experience though.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ronnie rubbish or Mark good?

Both. ROS pot success was in the 70's. Davis scored really well though. 6:1 a very fair result in the end.

Hope Davis can go on and win his first ranker. I make Bingham favourite because of his experience though.

Thanks Rocket I appreciate that..

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:No excuses from me.

Davis superb and ROS very poor.

Good luck to Davis for the final. Hope he can follow Hamilton and King.

Yes.

And imagine I could say I was there. :shock:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm pleased for Baddy.

Cheers DC. Can't watch but looking good

First Jimmy R, now Mark - your club must be buzzing!!

Mark ain't there yet but what a great time for the club. I have always known how good those boys are but it is what is between the ears that has held them back. I am really pleased as they are both lovely blokes.
Particularly sweet as Mark smashed ROS because it has not been an easy run to the final.

Postby Iranu

Delighted for Davis. And I'm glad he won by playing well rather than falling over the line. That one mid-range red was the only time he showed an inkling of nerves, and he quickly put those to bed. He showed his class today and it's another case of the youngsters being able to learn from the old guns.

Perversely, as a Ronnie fan I'm glad he hasn't won this tournament and subjected himself to "but you cheated your way to the title" responses. Hopefully that incident can now be put to bed.

Obviously I'll now be rooting for Davis out of solidarity with BSP :hatoff:

You can't exactly say he's had a simple run to the final either, aside from Day's tip troubles.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Couldn't care less about BSP, but I do hope Davis wins.

Cheers Cloud. Enjoy your fleshlight tonight.

pmsl you guys

Postby vodkadiet

What you saw tonight was one of the best players ever knowing they behaved in a very unsporting way yesterday and not able to put it out of their mind. Ronnie O'Sullivan is a decent guy at heart and certainly no John Parrott or Marco Fu. O'Sullivan knew he cheated last night and it was playing on his mind.

He didn't want to win an event he cheated in and gave the match to a player who is 2 levels below him.

I am sure O'Sullivan will apologise to Luo in the meantime and it will even help Luo to be a better player, and there is no one better to learn from than Ronnie O'Sullivan.

This was a very bad couple of days for O'Sullivan but he will learn from this and hopefully come out of it better. I suspected that cheating wouldn't help O'Sullivan. He is no John Parrott, who is very happy to be a blatant parakeet. The BBC shouldn't employ Parrott as he is a disgraceful parakeet.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:What you saw tonight was one of the best players ever knowing they behaved in a very unsporting way yesterday and not able to put it out of their mind. Ronnie O'Sullivan is a decent guy at heart and certainly no John Parrott or Marco Fu. O'Sullivan knew he cheated last night and it was playing on his mind.

He didn't want to win an event he cheated in and gave the match to a player who is 2 levels below him.

I am sure O'Sullivan will apologise to Luo in the meantime and it will even help Luo to be a better player, and there is no one better to learn from than Ronnie O'Sullivan.

This was a very bad couple of days for O'Sullivan but he will learn from this and hopefully come out of it better. I suspected that cheating wouldn't help O'Sullivan. He is no John Parrott, who is very happy to be a blatant parakeet. The BBC shouldn't employ Parrott as he is a disgraceful parakeet.

So you saying Ronnie lost only because that was playing in his mind?

I do agree it might have played a part, but Davis deserves every credit he gets... played superb of a bellow par Ron.

You never know... even without that incident Ronnie's level of play today could have been the same.

Fact is nobody apart from Lou for a couple of frames managed to take advantage of his bad form in this tournament... today Davis took full advantage of it,

Postby vodkadiet

Andre

I have seen O'Sullivan playing since he turned pro and this is the worst I have seen him play in a semi final. I suspected it might happen after last night's incident.

O'Sullivan isn't a natural parakeet. He is a very fair player. What happened last night was an aberration on his part. And that is why I think he didn't even try to win tonight.

Nothing more should be said about the incident after tonight. We all learn from our mistakes.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 21 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:What you saw tonight was one of the best players ever knowing they behaved in a very unsporting way yesterday and not able to put it out of their mind. Ronnie O'Sullivan is a decent guy at heart and certainly no John Parrott or Marco Fu. O'Sullivan knew he cheated last night and it was playing on his mind.

so he now cheated the punters who backed him to win?

how does that work.

Postby Pink Ball

He didn’t throw tonight’s game. That is not in his nature, just like last night isn’t in his nature.

It could well be the case though that it did affect him. As I’ve said before, O’Sullivan can be an idiot, but he does have integrity as a snooker player. I think he made a bad decision in the heat of the moment last night and does feel badly over it.

Parrott is a man who would sell his soul for an advantage and think nothing of it. That’s never been O’Sullivan’s way. He’s not my favourite player, but I have a lot of respect for him as a snooker player.