Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Semi Finals !

Postby mantorok

Cloud Strife wrote:
mantorok wrote:Ronnie looks focused.

Focused on going home.

He's focused on working out when to foul again and call it on himself.

Postby Andy Spark

I would point out that I told people before this match that Ronnie may be discombobulated by the last match and clearly implied that 9/2 Mavis was wrong and worth taking advantage of in a financial way.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:If Ronnie takes this frame, I'd bet my house on him winning the match.

There's no need for that, our man is going home.
He's been rubbish the entire match.

Postby LC

Andy Spark wrote:I would point out that I told people before this match that Ronnie may be discombobulated by the last match and clearly implied that 9/2 Mavis was wrong and worth taking advantage of in a financial way.

Totally agree I had a £10 on it, and a few quid on to win the next frame which ROS is inexplicably massive odds to win, #easy money

Postby TheRocket

Embarrassing from ROS. But just one of those rubbish days as a Snookerpro I guess.

I hope Mavis wins his first ranker now. And if he plays like this he can.

Postby LC

TheRocket wrote:Embarrassing from ROS. But just one of those rubbish days as a Snookerpro I guess.

I hope Mavis wins his first ranker now. And if he plays like this he can.

He won’t play like this tomorrow, cos Bingham won’t let him have it this easy

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:That bucking foul. i wonder how long ronnie will keep this in my mind.

Yeah, I hope it doesn't bucking ruin his season.

Postby Andy Spark

LC wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:I would point out that I told people before this match that Ronnie may be discombobulated by the last match and clearly implied that 9/2 Mavis was wrong and worth taking advantage of in a financial way.

Totally agree I had a £10 on it, and a few quid on to win the next frame which ROS is inexplicably massive odds to win, #easy money

Not easy money surely! But the fruits of diligently watching Ronnie over numerous years and gradually understanding his unusual psychology.

Postby Alex0paul

Credit to Davis for punishing these mistakes . We’ve seen time and again players Maguire etc rubbish themselves when they have an opportunity to beat him.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Andy Spark wrote:
LC wrote:

Not easy money surely! But the fruits of diligently watching Ronnie over numerous years and gradually understanding his unusual psychology.

Excellent observation and thinking. I agree wholeheartedly. I wouldn't have fancied Ronnie to beat Andy Goldstein tonight.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:That bucking foul. i wonder how long ronnie will keep this in my mind.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the foul has anything to do with how he's playing?

He hasn't been great all week. The second part of last night's match was an anomoly and I think he's too strong mentally for something like that to affect him.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn't think the foul has anything to do with how he's playing?

He hasn't been great all week. The second part of last night's match was an anomoly and I think he's too strong mentally for something like that to affect him.

Yes I agree with this. He's been struggling throughout the whole tournament but for the first time he plays an opponent who's punishing every mistake. If he had somehow won the English Open it'd have just cover up his erratic form.

Postby LC

If it was me I’d ask to be excused from tv duties tomorrow, would not show my face for a while after that pathetic performance, but no doubt he will be there giving it how superb Mark Davis is!