Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Semi Finals !

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:He didn’t throw tonight’s game. That is not in his nature, just like last night isn’t in his nature.

It could well be the case though that it did affect him. As I’ve said before, O’Sullivan can be an idiot, but he does have integrity as a snooker player. I think he made a bad decision in the heat of the moment last night and does feel badly over it.

Parrott is a man who would sell his soul for an advantage and think nothing of it. That’s never been O’Sullivan’s way. He’s not my favourite player, but I have a lot of respect for him as a snooker player.

Why should it bother him if his concience is clear. thats definitly a weakness in Ronnie this need to be liked..

i bet hes been looking at forums and instead of using it as inspiration he might have let it get to him.

Aswell as Davis played Ronnie just folded and missed easy chances.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:Also, tonight’s match was the first I’ve watched in full for a good few weeks, and I thought Dark Mavis was excellent. He’s one of the best players never to win a ranking title. I hope that changes later today.

Doing alright, Pinky?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I don't think he lost on purpose and I agree with the consensus that O'Sullivan is generally a very honest player. I think his 'mistake' on Friday did have an effect on him but he will not repeat what he did.
Hopefully all concerned will be able to move on from the unseemly moment.

Postby Andre147

He loves controversy, but this one he didnt have any control of. Doing it on purpose or not wasnt somethibg he had planned.

This wasnt like his China presser in 08 when he knew exactly what he was doing and the consequences of it.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:He loves controversy, but this one he didnt have any control of. Doing it on purpose or not wasnt somethibg he had planned.

This wasnt like his China presser in 08 when he knew exactly what he was doing and the consequences of it.

He who courts controversy, should not moan if he gets it. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

I don't think Ronnie losing this match has anything to do with the whole foul thing. He lost a match, it happens. He made a foul and didn't notice, it happens.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:I don't think Ronnie losing this match has anything to do with the whole foul thing. He lost a match, it happens. He made a foul and didn't notice, it happens.

He did not play well prior to the incident lets be honest Mark Davis was the first player to say BOO to him and had the experiance to play proper matchplay and Ronnie couldnt handle it this week.