Post a reply

BetVictor English Open Semi Finals !

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th ~ Sunday 21st of October at The K2, Crawley

Despite the contreversies of all sort the Ronnie O'Sullivan bandwagon keeps rolling on in Crawley his 9th straight win of the season sees him in the Semi Final playing Mark Davis and if he wins he will play either Stuart Bingham or Stephen Maguire in Sundays Final.

DRAW

Semi Finals
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Davis O'Sullivan leads 7-3
----------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Stephen Maguire Bingham leads 8-7

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor English Open Semi Finals !

Postby Andre147

Cant really see Mavis or Mags stopping ROS, but Bingham is a different story alltogether..

He's playing very well and he's one of those who has beaten ROS in a big match.

Postby Andre147

And with controversy or not, I want ROS to win the whole thing like at the start of the week and hopefully he plays some inspired Snooker.

Not a better time than now and the Final.

Postby Andre147

I think if ROS does lose, whether this match or the Final, many people might think... justice is served!

But I dont see it that way if he does lose. Were he to lose his opponent should be given all merit, and its a different match that has nothing to do with the Honghao one.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:I think if ROS does lose, whether this match or the Final, many people might think... justice is served!

But I dont see it that way if he does lose. Were he to lose his opponent should be given all merit, and its a different match that has nothing to do with the Honghao one.

Seriously Mate you know how these things Work in 2 or 3 years itll still be mentioned "remember that time ROS Cheated"

Its Sport that what happens.

The facts are it wasent subtle touch of a red it was a full blown hit had he seen it comon sense says he would have said something hes not a nieve 17 year old hes been around the block a few times

Postby vodkadiet

I am favouring Bingham. He has been the best player this week and won't be afraid of winning.

I think what happened tonight will affect O'Sullivan. He will feel that he shouldn't be lifting the trophy. This is unfortunate. But I reckon this is partly why Bingham will win.

Mavis won't win. He hasn't the belief.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Cant really see Mavis or Mags stopping ROS, but Bingham is a different story alltogether..

He's playing very well and he's one of those who has beaten ROS in a big match.

The way Mags was playing, Bingham isn't certainty.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I think if ROS does lose, whether this match or the Final, many people might think... justice is served!

Seriously Mate you know how these things Work in 2 or 3 years itll still be mentioned "remember that time ROS Cheated"

Its Sport that what happens.

The facts are it wasent subtle touch of a red it was a full blown hit had he seen it comon sense says he would have said something hes not a nieve 17 year old hes been around the block a few times

Yeah I fully agree with that.

And Vodka is right... Bingham has played the best Snooker this week so he must be favourite... Mags will probably have something to say about this though...

Postby SnookerFan

Re-watched it.

Just seen what Ronnie did. I misunderstood what happened originally. I thought that Ronnie hit the red ball, that a second later was hit by the cueball. I couldn't understand why I never saw it.

It was the red after, whilst picking the cue up. That was a lot more blatant, to be fair.

I can see now why people didn't believe he'd not seen it.

Postby gallantrabbit

Would like to see Mavis the person win, but as a player Ronnie is in another league. Davis is one of those who stuck around and waited for the Hearn revolution and has reapd benefits from it, similar to Bingham but a class below Stuart too. To be honest I think Ronnie will walk all over him. Maguire v Bingham is a better match up. Maguire has had a good wekk but I think Bingham is the slight favourite.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Imagine if Ronnie wins the million.

It started from a parakeet...

#dirtymoney

As a mod i would prefer if people did not harp on about it however as much as i dont believe he cheated it is there for people to make their own minds.....weve had it before with other players

Postby Andy Spark

Anyway, with Ronnie maybe slightly discombobulated by the last match I’ve certainly had “a nibble” at 9/2 Mavis for this match.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:Anyway, with Ronnie maybe slightly discombobulated by the last match I’ve certainly had “a nibble” at 9/2 Mavis for this match.

judas

Postby Andy Spark

Wildey wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Anyway, with Ronnie maybe slightly discombobulated by the last match I’ve certainly had “a nibble” at 9/2 Mavis for this match.

judas

“You shouldn’t need or want heroes”. That is a quote by another hero of mine, the great Christopher Hitchens.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

judas

<laugh>

Postby Cloud Strife

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Imagine if Ronnie wins the million.

It started from a parakeet...

#dirtymoney

Hearn would have a "screwjob" ready if he gets close to it.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Just saw the match in replay. Couldn't watch it live last night. Don't know what all the fuss is all about.
So Ronnie made a foul. Big deal. He said he didn't realize it. I for one believe him. He's always called fouls on himself before, even in a decider.
When u play a shot, your eyes are on the object ball first and after that on the cueball. Plus he played it with the rest, it's hard to feel or even hear the contact while the audience is clapping.
He even offered to play the match again.
Even if he goes on to win this event or not, nobody will even remember this incident in a few months time.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:Just saw the match in replay. Couldn't watch it live last night. Don't know what all the fuss is all about.
So Ronnie made a foul. Big deal. He said he didn't realize it. I for one believe him. He's always called fouls on himself before, even in a decider.
When u play a shot, your eyes are on the object ball first and after that on the cueball. Plus he played it with the rest, it's hard to feel or even hear the contact while the audience is clapping.
He even offered to play the match again.
Even if he goes on to win this event or not, nobody will even remember this incident in a few months time.

Ronnie could sneeze, and there'd be a 20 page thread about it.