Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Quarter Finals !!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie even calls himself in decider for fouls so i give him the benefit of the doubt

Oh here we go.

He has done great things and one incident does not ruin that. However, he knew he cheated tonight and if you defend it then you are making yourself less credible.

Why should he do it now? Why?

I think Chalk nailed it as he was having a tough time when it happened and thought he had got away with it. I agree that nobody would rationally do it, but he knew that contact had happened. You just know when there is contact. And in the video on youtube, his eyes flick back as he senses that contact.

I do agree that he has always been fair in the past. Today he let himself and the sport down.

His eyes were totally on the ball which dropped.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie even calls himself in decider for fouls so i give him the benefit of the doubt

Oh here we go.

He has done great things and one incident does not ruin that. However, he knew he cheated tonight and if you defend it then you are making yourself less credible.

Why should he do it now? Why?

I think Chalk nailed it as he was having a tough time when it happened and thought he had got away with it. I agree that nobody would rationally do it, but he knew that contact had happened. You just know when there is contact. And in the video on youtube, his eyes flick back as he senses that contact.

I do agree that he has always been fair in the past. Today he let himself and the sport down.

His eyes were totally on the ball which dropped.

Keep going sir - I think you have nearly convinced yourself

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I think the officials should have made more of it. I dont think the ref did her job properly tonight, I think it's fair to say. It's not all on Ronnie.

Of course it's all on Ronnie.

If the ref missed it what to you expect her to do? Go back in time? If she'd been standing elsewhere then yes she may have noticed it. But Ronnie committed the foul.

Some here already bending over backwards to dig Ronnie out of responsibility.

There's no way he wouldn't have felt that contact. That wasn't a brush of the red, it was clear movement.

There's not a doubt in my mind that Ronnie knew he had fouled and in my opinion anyone who says otherwise is saying it because it's Ronnie.

Ken Doherty blames Bingham.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Its a pity that incident happened. Cuz people actually didnt even realize he made two superb pressure clearances in frame 6 and 7 to go 4:3 up.

It was unfortunate. That's probably the best way to describe this whole debacle - unfortunate.

The most important thing is Ronnie is still in the tournament.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I think the officials should have made more of it. I dont think the ref did her job properly tonight, I think it's fair to say. It's not all on Ronnie.

Of course it's all on Ronnie.

If the ref missed it what to you expect her to do? Go back in time? If she'd been standing elsewhere then yes she may have noticed it. But Ronnie committed the foul.

Some here already bending over backwards to dig Ronnie out of responsibility.

There's no way he wouldn't have felt that contact. That wasn't a brush of the red, it was clear movement.

There's not a doubt in my mind that Ronnie knew he had fouled and in my opinion anyone who says otherwise is saying it because it's Ronnie.

Ken Doherty blames Bingham.

rofl rofl

Postby mantorok

I think it's the fact that he is always the first to call a foul on himself that shocks everyone.

Whether he knew or not it's a shame but it probably didn't dictate the outcome of the match. But now we'll never know.

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie will get slaughtered till his retirment for this mistake I feel.

It'll all be forgotten about when he lifts the trophy on Sunday.

Postby Chalk McHugh

From 2-0 ahead Ronnie suddenly found himself 3-2 behind and his opponent was playing very well. In frame 6 Lou was doing well again but missed two or three balls but in doing so left the cueball safe or on the cushion or a red was covered. He was getting a good run even when he missed and Ron had to be getting a little frustrated.

Then Ron finally gets in with a decent chance he thought he probably wouldn't get at that stage and he was desperate to make the most of it. The last thing he needed was that brush off the red as he was peeved enough already. He just couldn't bring himself to own up at that stage.

He made a massive mistake tonight. No win was worth it. A mans reputation is worth 10 World Championships. Only takes one bad moment to tarnish a lot of good work.

I was hoping he'd belatedly say he wasn't sure at the time but he totally dismissed it which is not believable or credible.

Anyway whats done is done. Never had the displeasure to see Ronnie blatantly go against the honour of the game like that before but i guess he's human and nobody is perfect.

Sad night for snooker and Ronnie fans. This tournament is finished for me.

Postby Andre147

Also have a feeling ROS will get crucified for this the rest of his life.

But he's done worst.. walk out of a match against Hendry 4-1 down was by far the worst.

But I'm not trying to make excuses here... if he felt it he should be fined or even disqualified from this tournament but we'll probably never know...

But I hope like Cloud says he wins it.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Chalk McHugh wrote:From 2-0 ahead Ronnie suddenly found himself 3-2 behind and his opponent was playing very well. In frame 6 Lou was doing well again but missed two or three balls but in doing so left the cueball safe or on the cushion or a red was covered. He was getting a good run even when he missed and Ron had to be getting a little frustrated.

Then Ron finally gets in with a decent chance he thought he probably wouldn't get at that stage and he was desperate to make the most of it. The last thing he needed was that brush off the red as he was peeved enough already. He just couldn't bring himself to own up at that stage.

He made a massive mistake tonight. No win was worth it. A mans reputation is worth 10 World Championships. Only takes one bad moment to tarnish a lot of good work.

I was hoping he'd belatedly say he wasn't sure at the time but he totally dismissed it which is not believable or credible.

Anyway whats done is done. Never had the displeasure to see Ronnie blatantly go against the honour of the game like that before but i guess he's human and nobody is perfect.

Sad night for snooker and Ronnie fans. This tournament is finished for me.

https://youtu.be/xM0eQ6jpRl0

1:35:05

Last year Ronnie was 2:3 behind vs Higgins at the English Open. Feathered the white. Nobody spotted it. But Ronnie knew it and called the foul. Could have cost him the match in the end.

Postby Andre147

ROS always owns up to fouls so this is very strange indeed...

He can be a pin end at times but parakeet? Never... but in this case I'm not sure really...

Postby Iranu

Just because he doesn't normally do it, that doesn't mean it wasn't deliberate this time. Anything can happen in the heat of battle.

Honestly, the mental gymnastics of my fellow Ronnie fans in attempt to absolve him of blame is almost as disappointing as the incident itself.

Stop with this "I'm not sure", "it's not conclusive". I mean I get it, it's hard to accept when your fvourite player does something like this. But he did.

He cheated.

Accept it. Support him from now if you wish. I probably will. But don't claim he didn't parakeet.

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan will say that the smell of urine clouded his judgement regarding the foul!

Seriously though, I have never been a fan of O'Sullivan's attitude, but this is on another level.

He is now on a par with John Parrott.

I am surprised that this happened. He is not a player I would have ever have thought would resort to this.

I feel disappointed for his fans more than anything else.

Has he said anything about it yet?

Postby Andre147

Maybe he did parakeet, I'm more inclined to say he did, but we cant be 100% sure can we...

Only he can and if he did it he should own to it.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Also have a feeling ROS will get crucified for this the rest of his life.

But he's done worst.. walk out of a match against Hendry 4-1 down was by far the worst.

But I'm not trying to make excuses here... if he felt it he should be fined or even disqualified from this tournament but we'll probably never know...

I don't see any reason to crucify an honest mistake. As you say, he's done worse deliberately.

Postby Andre147

By the way, some of you may not know, but the marker SHOULD have stopped the game immediatly because he has acess to replays and as soon as he saw the foul, he should have told the ref and claim the foul.

The marker is also at fault here, more than the referee herself.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Also have a feeling ROS will get crucified for this the rest of his life.

I don't see any reason to crucify an honest mistake. As you say, he's done worse deliberately.

He hit the red accidentally, he failed to call the foul deliberately.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:By the way, some of you may not know, but the marker SHOULD have stopped the game immediatly because he has acess to replays and as soon as he saw the foul, he should have told the ref and claim the foul.

The marker is also at fault here, more than the referee herself.

Thanks for the info :hatoff: FWIW I don't blame the ref

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Maybe he did parakeet, I'm more inclined to say he did, but we cant be 100% sure can we...

Only he can and if he did it he should own to it.

You think he did it deliberately?

Postby Andre147

Anyway, I hope ROS wins and I'll continue to suport him like I've done until he hangs up his cue.

He's done far worst than this. Deliberate or not, I'll continue to support my favourite player. But I would prefer this hadnt happened.