Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Quarter Finals !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:Just because he doesn't normally do it, that doesn't mean it wasn't deliberate this time. Anything can happen in the heat of battle.

Honestly, the mental gymnastics of my fellow Ronnie fans in attempt to absolve him of blame is almost as disappointing as the incident itself.

Stop with this "I'm not sure", "it's not conclusive". I mean I get it, it's hard to accept when your fvourite player does something like this. But he did.

He cheated.

Accept it. Support him from now if you wish. I probably will. But don't claim he didn't parakeet.

Yeah, you're probably right, as hard as it is to accept it.

The most gutting thing about this whole thing is it will make the haters and those who dislike Ronnie feel like they have been vindicated.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Iranu wrote:Just because he doesn't normally do it, that doesn't mean it wasn't deliberate this time. Anything can happen in the heat of battle.

Honestly, the mental gymnastics of my fellow Ronnie fans in attempt to absolve him of blame is almost as disappointing as the incident itself.

Stop with this "I'm not sure", "it's not conclusive". I mean I get it, it's hard to accept when your fvourite player does something like this. But he did.

He cheated.

Accept it. Support him from now if you wish. I probably will. But don't claim he didn't parakeet.

Go out and playin front of the camera as a pro and replicate that. and then tell this stuff.

you werent in his body and in his situation.

We could argue all day long. only ronnie knows the truth. everything else is speculation.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:By the way, some of you may not know, but the marker SHOULD have stopped the game immediatly because he has acess to replays and as soon as he saw the foul, he should have told the ref and claim the foul.

The marker is also at fault here, more than the referee herself.

That's what I said before. The officials also need to share some culpability for this incident. What are they there for if not to spot things like this?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:It's not letting me view the video.

Do we definitely think it was deliberate?

Well as I said, he didn't hit the red on purpose (it was as he was retracting the cue and rest) but there's no way he wouldn't have felt it, so not calling the foul was deliberate.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:This what we're discussing, right?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aH_Esz9qHRU

Ronnie could retire tomorrow, and I wouldn't miss him. But on first glance, that looks accidental to me.

It's not so much the act itself that is the issue. It's the fact that he didn't own up to it that is causing the consternation. The general consensus is that he must surely have known he touched the red.

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:

you are there. ask ronnie himself.

Maybe be can go bang on Ronnie's hotel room door. Demand some answers from him.

Postby SnookerFan

He's not in my hotel room with me. rofl

Maybe I'll go looking for him tomorrow.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

:limp:

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:

"Oi Ronnie! Open up!

I need to know!

The internet needs to know!

Tirs or ass?"

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

"Oi Ronnie! Open up!

I need to know!

The internet needs to know!

Tirs or ass?"

What's a tir?

Postby vodkadiet

I saw the interview and I would say O'Sullivan is disappointed in himself. He was half admitting it there. I am sure it was just a heat of the moment thing. Even the most honest people make the occasional mistake in certain situations. It shows how much he wants to win.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fair play Vodka. I know you are not a Ronnie fan but you make a rational point. He cheated but he is human as we all are. Let it not ruin his legacy.

Yes Badsnookerplayer. It won't ruin his legacy.

I remember Hendry playing in the UK in 1994. This was the year he made 7 centuries against Doherty in the final. In the round before the tv stages he was 8-4 down to Dean Reynolds and he was trying to distract Reynolds by continually banging his cue on the carpet whenever he missed. This wasn't cheating but it was unfair play.

Luo Honghao must be wondered about snooker's etiquette after this week. Firstly Adam Duffy refuses to shake his hand and now this incident this evening!

Postby Wildey

Just a thought Here had Luo Honghao done that against Ronnie i wander what the reaction on here would have been.

Would it be a case of understanding or would it be a case of racism thrown in for good measure as ive seen before on here.

People are Human they make mistakes just remember that the next time this sort of thing happens because it will.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fair play Vodka. I know you are not a Ronnie fan but you make a rational point. He cheated but he is human as we all are. Let it not ruin his legacy.

Best comment I've read all day Vodka!

Deliberate or not, we all make mistakes we might regret.

I'm not tryibg to say this isnt bad.. it is and there is no room for cheating in our sport, but this wont ruin his legacy.

His walk out at the UK Champs and his China presser in 08 were by far the worst things he's done.

Hopefully he wins the tournament with great performances.

Postby Wildey

For the Record as someone thats done exactly what Ronnies done the fact he was with the rest and trying to move it out of the way he would not have felt it. it so different to playing with a bridge hand the clinking of the cue on ball could easily be the clinking of cue on rest head.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:For the Record as someone thats done exactly what Ronnies done the fact he was with the rest and trying to move it out of the way he would not have felt it. it so different to playing with a bridge hand the clinking of the cue on ball could easily be the clinking of cue on rest head.

Honourable to defend him but he knew. The second look when he feels it makes that clear. Dissapointing that he would parakeet but not the worst thing he has done I agree.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:For the Record as someone thats done exactly what Ronnies done the fact he was with the rest and trying to move it out of the way he would not have felt it. it so different to playing with a bridge hand the clinking of the cue on ball could easily be the clinking of cue on rest head.

Honourable to defend him but he knew. The second look when he feels it makes that clear. Dissapointing that he would parakeet but not the worst thing he has done I agree.

Cant think of a worst thing than cheating someone out of a potential win to be honest.

Postby Andy Spark

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This what we're discussing, right?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aH_Esz9qHRU

Ronnie could retire tomorrow, and I wouldn't miss him. But on first glance, that looks accidental to me.

It's not so much the act itself that is the issue. It's the fact that he didn't own up to it that is causing the consternation. The general consensus is that he must surely have known he touched the red.

Well, I disagree with the consensus. Three reasons...
1) the red was touched well after the shot, when a player is not concentrating. Therefore it can easily go unnoticed.
2) It was accompanied by considerable other movements of environment. Therefore the sensory experience of committing the foul would be far less likely to register.
3) Ronnie has admitted fouls upon himself in more important situations on tour, so why would he not own up to this one?

On balance Ronnie probably did not perceive the foul.