Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Quarter Finals !!

Postby Andre147

Iranu asked this and yes, other than the referee the marker is the only one allowed to stop play if a foul is commited and nobody else noticed it.

The marker has access to replays so therefore seems very strange he didnt stop play preventing ROS to play the next shot.

And tatiana was standing in the correct position, so that she could receive the rest after ronnie made the shot.

How the marker didnt stop play os beyond me...

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Iranu asked this and yes, other than the referee the marker is the only one allowed to stop play if a foul is commited and nobody else noticed it.

The marker has access to replays so therefore seems very strange he didnt stop play preventing ROS to play the next shot.

And tatiana was standing in the correct position, so that she could receive the rest after ronnie made the shot.

How the marker didnt stop play os beyond me...

Standing in the correct position for what? The ref's primary responsibility is to keep an eye on what is happening on the table, not putting away the rest. She failed in her duties.

If Luo is angry at anybody about the situation, it should be the officials. They are the ones that have let him down badly.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:This happened to Selby as well in 2009. He pulled back the rest and made an obvious foul while doing it and he didn't notice it. It happens.

I have no memory of that.

We'll be talking about this until 2029, probably.