Post a reply

BetVictor English Open Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th ~ Sunday 21st of October at The K2, Crawley

Last 32 Ronnie O'Sullivan despite struggling in his Match with Allan Taylor is still there. and the longer hes in the better he will play.

But World no 1 Mark Selby is out losing 4-3 to his good Friend Ben Woolaston.

Who will make the Last 16 and stay on course to win the Steve Davis trophy?

DRAW

Last 32
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Matthew Stevens O'Sullivan leads 16-5
Eden Sharav v Craig Steadman Never played before
Alan McManus v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 2-1
Luo Honghao v Anthony McGill Luo Honghao leads 1-0
Judd Trump v Jack Lisowski Tied at 4-4
Ryan Day v Mark King Day leads 10-6
Mark Davis v Mei Xiwen Mei Xiwen leads 1-0
Martin Gould v John Higgins Higgins leads 9-3
----------------------------------------
Ben Woollaston v Ricky Walden Walden leads 7-3
Stuart Bingham v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Un-Nooh leads 2-1
Matthew Selt v Allister Carter Tied at 3-3
Daniel Wells v Barry Hawkins Hawkins leads 2-0
Shaun Murphy v Robert Milkins Murphy leads 7-4
Yuan Sijun v Noppon Saengkham Never played before
Jordan Brown v Stephen Maguire Never played before
Zhou Yuelong v Mark J Williams Williams leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor English Open Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Well ROS struggled for 2 frames and the other he was brilliant... but like he said post match, if his opponent had won those 2 frames he struggled the match certainly could have had a different pattern.

Despite making those 147 and 135 breaks, ROS has to cut the silly mistakes he's made.

But yeah still there and the longer he is the harder he is to beat fot sure.

Postby Andre147

I like the fact its two rounds tomorrow...

Last 32 and Last 16 best of 7. The thing I dont like is that the last 16 should be Best of 9. The first 3 rounds is fine best of 7, but not a last 16 one when you see some top players facing each other.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:I like the fact its two rounds tomorrow...

Last 32 and Last 16 best of 7. The thing I dont like is that the last 16 should be Best of 9. The first 3 rounds is fine best of 7, but not a last 16 one when you see some top players facing each other.

I agree, but still looking forward to some great matches

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Craig Steadman could be the new Hitman.

Ricky has hit 4 half centuries in 3 frames played.

Yes I love playing the Hitman games. Cant wait for Hitman 2 coming out in November.

But yeah, Steadman bears a striking resemblance.

Postby Andre147

Carter thinks himself as 'Mr Angry' like ROas described in their shoulder barge issue... he's not very respectful to other players and not just ROS but loads of others...

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:Carter thinks himself as 'Mr Angry' like ROas described in their shoulder barge issue... he's not very respectful to other players and not just ROS but loads of others...

tough to feel sympathy for him and his health struggles when he behaves like an trumper.

Postby Chalk McHugh

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ali didnt give a buck on the other table yesterday when Ronnie made the maxie.

Why should he?

Brecel acknowledged the effort in the end. Carter was playing with his nose.

Brecel looked happy. Beaming smile. Ali remainded welded to his seat, not even a wee round of applause. He looked very serious and angry.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Carter thinks himself as 'Mr Angry' like ROas described in their shoulder barge issue... he's not very respectful to other players and not just ROS but loads of others...

Yeah, I get that. Regarding yesterday, I don't see what the issue was with him not acknowledging the 147. He has own match to play and think about, that's where his focus should be. I didn't think it was disprespectful at all.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Sharav will he the opponent of the stevens/ronnie clash.

That means Ronnie will have a easy draw if he beats Stevens.

Ronnie has already got an easy draw, by drawing Stevens.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Yeah, I get that. Regarding yesterday, I don't see what the issue was with him not acknowledging the 147. He has own match to play and think about, that's where his focus should be. I didn't think it was disprespectful at all.

The Metro this morning, on reporting Ronnie's 147, suggested that Ronnie had said he didn't like all the other players stopping their games. He felt the other players watching him added pressure. Now he's upset at Ali Carter for ignoring it?

I suspect a lot of of these 'issues' that the media report on are nonexistent. They make them up.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Sharav will he the opponent of the stevens/ronnie clash.

That means Ronnie will have a easy draw if he beats Stevens.

Ronnie has already got an easy draw, by drawing Stevens.

Same was said in 2015 at the Welsh open when he played Stevens and lost

Postby SnookerFan

I've negotiated getting out of work an hour early. Going to get back to Croydon, jump straight on a train to Crawley. <ok>

Check into my hotel, bit of dinner. Ready for tomorrow's matches.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

The Metro this morning, on reporting Ronnie's 147, suggested that Ronnie had said he didn't like all the other players stopping their games. He felt the other players watching him added pressure. Now he's upset at Ali Carter for ignoring it?

I suspect a lot of of these 'issues' that the media report on are nonexistent. They make them up.

Ronnie's not upset, unless I've missed something. It's the people on here that are upset.

Postby Andre147

Difference is back then ROS was losing to lots of lower ranked players, nowadays he rarely loses to them, maybe Slessor the exception.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie's not upset, unless I've missed something. It's the people on here that are upset.

That's the Island for you.

Why accept that something small and trivial doesn't matter? It's Ronnie. If he takes 2 seconds longer eating his toast in the morning than he did yesterday, we have to analyse why...