Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Last 32 !!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Carter thinks himself as 'Mr Angry' like ROas described in their shoulder barge issue... he's not very respectful to other players and not just ROS but loads of others...

Yeah, I get that. Regarding yesterday, I don't see what the issue was with him not acknowledging the 147. He has own match to play and think about, that's where his focus should be. I didn't think it was disprespectful at all.

The Metro this morning, on reporting Ronnie's 147, suggested that Ronnie had said he didn't like all the other players stopping their games. He felt the other players watching him added pressure. Now he's upset at Ali Carter for ignoring it?

I suspect a lot of of these 'issues' that the media report on are nonexistent. They make them up.

Ronnie's not upset, unless I've missed something. It's the people on here that are upset.

No ones upset. Just an observation.

Postby Iranu

Nice break to go 1-0 up for Ronnie. Higgins also 1-0 up.

The ad breaks seem really long in this tournament.

Postby Cloud Strife

I think it's really shitty that they always seem to put Ronnie on in the daytime's now. They even do it for the BBC events.

I can understand why they do it, but it's unfair for those who are working or have something else going on during the day.

Postby Alex0paul

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Carter thinks himself as 'Mr Angry' like ROas described in their shoulder barge issue... he's not very respectful to other players and not just ROS but loads of others...

Yeah, I get that. Regarding yesterday, I don't see what the issue was with him not acknowledging the 147. He has own match to play and think about, that's where his focus should be. I didn't think it was disprespectful at all.

The Metro this morning, on reporting Ronnie's 147, suggested that Ronnie had said he didn't like all the other players stopping their games. He felt the other players watching him added pressure. Now he's upset at Ali Carter for ignoring it?

I suspect a lot of of these 'issues' that the media report on are nonexistent. They make them up.

Ronnie's not upset, unless I've missed something. It's the people on here that are upset.

No ones upset. Just an observation.

I am upset

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:I think it's really shitty that they always seem to put Ronnie on in the daytime's now. They even do it for the BBC events.

I can understand why they do it, but it's unfair for those who are working or have something else going on during the day.

Two rounds today so he'll be on this evening anyway if he wins won't he? But in general I agree.

Postby Johnny Bravo

masterdoctorgenius wrote:1-1

and it all started when Ronnie missed a sitter of a black.

That was an unexpected miss. I thought ROS was gonna make a second 147 from that chance.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I think it's really shitty that they always seem to put Ronnie on in the daytime's now. They even do it for the BBC events.

Two rounds today so he'll be on this evening anyway if he wins won't he? But in general I agree.

Yeah I meant in general. Obviously today they had no other options with the schedules so can't criticise them for that.

Anyway, provided something catastrophic doesn't happen, I'll get to see him live this evening.

Postby vodkadiet

Carter has been reprimanded by World Snooker for not jumping over on to O'Sullivan's table and bowing down kissing his feet. It showed total disrespect.

Postby Chalk McHugh

vodkadiet wrote:Carter has been reprimanded by World Snooker for not jumping over on to O'Sullivan's table and bowing down kissing his feet. It showed total disrespect.

Has he?

Postby Chalk McHugh

masterdoctorgenius wrote:3-1 Ronnie

Fair play for posting the scores. The most important matter that can be hard to find on here at times.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Carter has been reprimanded by World Snooker for not jumping over on to O'Sullivan's table and bowing down kissing his feet. It showed total disrespect.

Has he?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Seriously though. Was he really disciplined for not stop playing, when somebody else was on a 147? How stupid.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Has he?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Seriously though. Was he really disciplined for not stop playing, when somebody else was on a 147? How stupid.

He wasn't at the table. He was slumped in his seat like a man who was just about to receive some bad news - Ronnie getting another Maxi!!! He looked evem more miserable than usual haha.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:He wasn't at the table. He was slumped in his seat like a man who was just about to receive some bad news - Ronnie getting another Maxi!!! He looked evem more miserable than usual haha.

Is that it? He was sat down in a grumpy fashion? :roll:

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:He wasn't at the table. He was slumped in his seat like a man who was just about to receive some bad news - Ronnie getting another Maxi!!! He looked evem more miserable than usual haha.

Is that it? He was sat down in a grumpy fashion? :roll:

No acknowledgement of any sort. First time i ever saw that for a player after knocking in a maxi from a player on next table. Unique i must say. No big deal all the same and nobodies upset bar Alex.

Postby Johnny Bravo

masterdoctorgenius wrote:The biggest mystery in snooker till date:

How on earth did Nigel Bind reach a WC final?

Cause the snooker tour wasn't as strong, in depth, as it is nowadays.

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:

Totally agree. He sat down and let the break play out.