Post a reply

BetVictor English Open Last 64 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th ~ Sunday 21st of October at The K2, Crawley

Last 64 and the only Kyren Wilson and Joe Perry losing was the major Surprises if not Shock Wilson was 3-1 up before Sunny Akani won 3 frames on the spin to put him out.

Ronnie O'Sullivan is still there and will be hoping to build on his good play in Round 1when he takes on Allan Taylor.

With Neil Robertson, John Higgins, Judd Trump, Shaun Murphy, Mark Selby and World Champion Mark Williams also still there it promises to be a great week in Crawley.

Who will still be there for the last 32?

DRAW

Selected last 64 Matches
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Allan Taylor
Jimmy White v Matthew Stevens
Liang Wenbo v Eden Sharav
Oliver Lines v Neil Robertson
Judd Trump v Zhao Xintong
Ian Burns v Jack Lisowski
Nigel Bond v John Higgins
Mark Selby v Ben Woollaston
Stuart Bingham v Hossein Vafaei
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Thor Chuan Leong
Allister Carter v Luca Brecel
Shaun Murphy v David Gilbert
Mark Allen v Yuan Sijun
Jordan Brown v Jimmy Robertson
Yan Bingtao v Stephen Maguire
Zhou Yuelong v Xu Si
Alexander Ursenbacher v Mark J Williams

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor English Open Last 64 !!

Postby Andre147

Hope Ronnie and Jimmy win their matches... if they do we'll have another showdown between them!

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:Hope Ronnie and Jimmy win their matches... if they do we'll have another showdown between them!

O'Sullivan was better at 16 than he is now.

Here he is talking with John Virgo in 1992. Virgo's behaviour at the end of this clip is quite concerning. I doubt he could get away with this now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6wxnv9rBIw

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Hope Ronnie and Jimmy win their matches... if they do we'll have another showdown between them!

Here he is talking with John Virgo in 1992. Virgo's behaviour at the end of this clip is quite concerning. I doubt he could get away with this now.

This is Ace Vodka!

ROS two weeks before he turned pro. I do agree Virgo seems a bit... awkward...

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

This is Ace Vodka!

ROS two weeks before he turned pro. I do agree Virgo seems a bit... awkward...

Andre

I remember watching that episode of Big Break. It was shown in the September of that year. I think O'Sullivan won. And he also went on to a show called Pot Black Timeframe in the same year.

Postby TheSaviour

Really minimal/non-existent upsets so far.. The usual suspects all starting like a trains. Also my "surprise picks", Jimmys, White and Robertson also "still" in there, as well as Liang Wenbo and Mark Allen.. I don´t know where this comes from but Mark Allen to me seems to be a favourite and likely to be there still during the weekend and to to have a great upcoming winter and spring! Somehow he seems to have the guts to really hit the ball, when comparing all the top dogs. And obviously without losing any precision or a game plan.

Murphy versus Gilbert seems a tough and tight match-up and Jimmy White vs Stevens obviously a very interesting one. Ronnie having the easiest of all the starts. But will he still be there during the weekend?

Postby SnookerFan

I'll watch that video later, when not at work. Mainly out of curiousity as to what Virgo was doing.

In what way was he awkward? What would he not got away with these days?

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:I'll watch that video later, when not at work. Mainly out of curiousity as to what Virgo was doing.

Virgo put his arm round Stacey and suggested that they lay down together and talked about things.

Postby Dan-cat

vodkadiet wrote:

To call him 'better' is not right. You mean he wasn't battle-scarred or fettered by the pressures of being expected to win. Fearless potting. His strategy/safety game was awful!

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'll watch that video later, when not at work. Mainly out of curiousity as to what Virgo was doing.

Virgo put his arm round Stacey and suggested that they lay down together and talked about things.

Be funny if she nutted him.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

10:00 Liang Wenbo 2 v 4 Eden Sharav
68 10:00 Craig Steadman 4 v 1 Chris Wakelin
69 10:00 David Lilley 0 v 4 Alan McManus
70 10:00 Oliver Lines 2 v 4 Neil Robertson
71 10:00 Stuart Carrington 1 v 4 Luo Honghao
75 10:00 Ryan Day 4 v 0 Zhang Yong
77 10:00 Mark Davis 4 v 0 Adam Stefanow
79 10:00 Zhang Jiankang 2 v 4 Martin Gould

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Martyn Royce @MartynDRoyce

First game of the day done - a 4-2 win for Neil Robertson over Oli Lines. Back on in the 2pm session... aaaaaaand that's all I know so far! Coffee time for the bearded one.